New Year

Gemmill

Off to Edinburgh by train in a couple of hours. To keep the price of the hotel down you have to book at least a year in advance. Eating in a hopefully great restaurant tonight and tomorrow, then back on Sunday. Thank fuck Monday is a bank holiday. Even so Tuesday the 4th will be literally the most depressing day of the year, normally I just feel like topping myself the first day back at work after Christmas. And this is from someone who likes work.

I always do something special on New Years though. Worst one I can remember was about ten years ago when I was invited to a party by a friend who was a bit of a geek. Turns out it was a 'LAN' party where everyone was just playing computer games all night, and didn't even acknowledge the turn of the year, and didn't drink anything but energy drinks. Best was probably the millenium when with a group of friends we rented a remote cottage in Scotland. At the time there was all this hype about the Y2K bug, and sure enough at midnight all the power went out causing a bit of panic. Turned out a fuse had coinicdentally blown at that exact time.

You'll think twice next time Ant invites you then :icon_lol: Liquid cooled, motherfucker!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been talked into going to Digital. I'm not really one for clubbing, especially at New Year, but that's where my mates are going and we're just having drinks round ours first then going straight there and back so it shouldn't be too bad.

Been talked into going to Digital. I'm not really one for clubbing, especially at New Year, but that's where my mates are going and we're just having drinks round ours first then going straight there and back so it shouldn't be too bad.

Famous last words. :icon_lol:

Just checked into the park lane hotel for the night then dinner at tamarind later. Just me and the mrs. She's pregnant and off the booze so having a chilled pampering night just the two of us

Just checked into the park lane hotel for the night then dinner at tamarind later. Just me and the mrs. She's pregnant and off the booze so having a chilled pampering night just the two of us

Tamarind is ace. Jealous.

I love NY day and night at my local so I always save myself for that. Far, far better than NYE night. about nine years since I was last out on NYE, the days of walking around Walker and Walkergate with a carry oot and going to parties are long, long gone! :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

I remember one year we were in between hooses in West Denton of aal places and we were outside what was Presto's as the bell turned to 12, fuck knows how we planned that. No one knew the words to Auld Lang Syne, so we ended up singing Howay the lads Howay, for 2 minutes pissed in the freezing cold.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

Der der der,

Dah dah dah dah.....

Ha'way the lads, Ha'way the lads

Ha-ha'way the lads, Ha'way!!

(And before you all start, I couldn't give a fuck if the Mackems put 'haway' and we've got 'howay' in the tunnel, I once had a hat with 'ha'way' on it from the club shop wich used to be a portacabin when the Milburn stand was the West stand so I'm taking historical precedence here, and be honest, do you say 'ha' as in happy or 'ho' as in Merry Christmas, HO-HO-HO?)

:rolleyes:

Strange hotel that. When I stopped there everyone was dressed in black. It was a tad surreal. Had a trendy nigh club underneath where Ridley Scott and a few celebs were celebrating something?

The breakfast was crap so maybe an early morning trip to McDonalds might be a good idea. :icon_lol:

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
I love NY day and night at my local so I always save myself for that. Far, far better than NYE night. about nine years since I was last out on NYE, the days of walking around Walker and Walkergate with a carry oot and going to parties are long, long gone! :icon_lol:

I remember one year we were in between hooses in West Denton of aal places and we were outside what was Presto's as the bell turned to 12, fuck knows how we planned that. No one knew the words to Auld Lang Syne, so we ended up singing Howay the lads Howay, for 2 minutes pissed in the freezing cold.

Der der der,

Dah dah dah dah.....

(And before you all start, I couldn't give a fuck if the Mackems put 'haway' and we've got 'howay' in the tunnel, I once had a hat with 'ha'way' on it from the club shop wich used to be a portacabin when the Milburn stand was the West stand so I'm taking historical precedence here, and be honest, do you say 'ha' as in happy or 'ho' as in Merry Christmas, HO-HO-HO?)

What shop? The proper shop the supporters club shop opposite The Travellers Rest, I had a scarf that said HOWay The Lads, and if you think about it, you say the How in Howay, like you'd say say "how's that like?" The way mackems say it is more like "heyway", just ring CT up he'll show ye.

In a bit of a pickle.

We were invited with the kids to our lass best mates a few weeks ago for the night but she's had a rough couple of weeks so we thought she may have cancelled but she hasn't. Now my best mate has invited us and a few others down to his for the night.

I think the compromise will be for me to go down to his for a few hours then head over and meet our lass and co later on, going to be a pain in the arse getting taxis though.

Der der der,

Dah dah dah dah.....

What shop? The proper shop the supporters club shop opposite The Travellers Rest, I had a scarf that said HOWay The Lads, and if you think about it, you say the How in Howay, like you'd say say "how's that like?" The way mackems say it is more like "heyway", just ring CT up he'll show ye.

about 1989, I'm sure it was still there when the Milburn was built, it used to sell tickets and doubled up as Magpie travel with fat Stan with the beard the main 'steward' on the bus, (auld Stevie used to go in them days do a song and come round with his cap for some spending money and to try and bum some tabs off people). Anyway, we tend to pronounce it (phonetically) 'HA-where the lads' where the mackems who try to be Geordies phonetically say HA-wey the lads. I seriously don't know anyone who says, (in real life), HO as in hoe.

In a bit of a pickle.

We were invited with the kids to our lass best mates a few weeks ago for the night but she's had a rough couple of weeks so we thought she may have cancelled but she hasn't. Now my best mate has invited us and a few others down to his for the night.

I think the compromise will be for me to go down to his for a few hours then head over and meet our lass and co later on, going to be a pain in the arse getting taxis though.

It's always tricky when you have 2 things to go to. Probs end up getting wasted and fall asleep at yer mates.

I'm off out to Blackfriars for a meal.

Was there a few weeks ago, nice meal in there. Sam Smiths as well, which should keep your face straight.

:icon_lol: It's probably my favourite restaurant in town like.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Der der der,

Dah dah dah dah.....

about 1989, I'm sure it was still there when the Milburn was built, it used to sell tickets and doubled up as Magpie travel with fat Stan with the beard the main 'steward' on the bus, (auld Stevie used to go in them days do a song and come round with his cap for some spending money and to try and bum some tabs off people). Anyway, we tend to pronounce it (phonetically) 'HA-where the lads' where the mackems who try to be Geordies phonetically say HA-wey the lads. I seriously don't know anyone who says, (in real life), HO as in hoe.

Owld Stevie used to go to aways with Armstrong Galley, the pick was at Bainbridges Dock. He used to turn up with nowt and everyone used to give him sandwiches, drink, yee name it for nowt. Hopefully I can be the new owld Stevie in 40 years when am strugglin on me bit pension.

Der der der,

Dah dah dah dah.....

Owld Stevie used to go to aways with Armstrong Galley, the pick was at Bainbridges Dock. He used to turn up with nowt and everyone used to give him sandwiches, drink, yee name it for nowt. Hopefully I can be the new owld Stevie in 40 years when am strugglin on me bit pension.

Armstrong Galley = Tree Travel :icon_lol:

I went with them once, (my first away) Everton 4-0.

Stevie might well have went with Armstrong Galley but he definitely went with Magpie travel a few times in 89-90 season, (I think he got a bit pissed off with one or two ribbing him and jumped ship, about the same time my crowd also jumped ship and went with Value travel of Byker and South Shields, (but thats another story!!) :rolleyes:

Yeah he's living the dream, no doubt.