Wigan Athletic 0-1 Newcastle Utd

Mac-Toon

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Jonas was quite good in the second half. If you guys haven't figured him out yet by this point, he's never going to be a world beater to say the least but he was a good attacking option/pressure outlet.

Good performance against a shit team, better finishing would've seen us hammering them (near things from Shola, Jonas, Colo and Taylor, maybe even the Best chance at the end) but I question why Pardew played shit like Best, Smith, and Lovenkrands unless it really is for the shop window.

S. Taylor is a crap centre-back and Williamson should've been back in as soon as he was off suspension.

Jonas has been very good today. Tiote/Collo immense. No yellow for Tiote, clean sheet too.

Very happy.

being able to run doesn't count as very good imo

0 end product as always

last run of the game there no one within 15 yards of him loads of time, still can't cross properly

Aye, just got in from the pub where my mate was saying the same about Jonas being good and I pointed out the same that just running up and down with no end result was not good.

I said what id the barmaid was walking up and down behind the bar but not serving :icon_lol:

Overall a fantastic first half where we should have had 4 or 5. Ameobi is so frustrating in that he semms to do some of the harder stuff like controlling a ball well, but cant then make the simple pass.

Tiote was immense and Barton was very good too, particularly his involvement in the goal.

I wish wish wish Colochinis header had gone in, but nice to see us trying something new.

Had to leave pub with 5 minutes to go so just really delighted for the 3 very well deserved points.

Well done lads.

great result. much needed and deserved three points. these are the sorts of gaes we need to be winning to stay up. four points over the two games against the likes of wigan is par. we never got the goal the performance deserved so it was a bit nervy at the end even though wigan offered fuck all.

Barton misses next game doesn't he?

The premier league say it's his 4th booking.

His first in 13 games btw.

Quite remarkable.

Problem is both him and Tiote are going to be at risk of missing the mackem game depending on when they get their next booking.

Barton misses next game doesn't he?

The premier league say it's his 4th booking.

His first in 13 games btw.

Quite remarkable.

Problem is both him and Tiote are going to be at risk of missing the mackem game depending on when they get their next booking.

Tiote's on 3 (or 8), so he'd need to get booked twice against wist 'am.

Leon Best falling over and almost pulling his groin was certainly something like.

Typically though he didn't even manage that, he nearly pulled his groin but just missed doing it properly!

:icon_lol: Bless him, he looks a bit like an enemy from Tomb Raider 2. I thought Tiote looked absolutely world class today, his arsing about aside and Barton, Coloccini, Gutierrez and Routledge (despite his fairly shite end product) all put in decent shifts. Definitely breathing a bit easier if we get a result against a West Ham team hitting a stride of sorts.

jonas and routledge are mirror images of each other. good dribbling and pace, zero end product. routledge should just keep on running , get to the byline and pull one back on the deck. he beats men whenever he runs at them but his crossing from out wide is absolute crap.

we've got a few winnable games coming up now. west ham at home, mackems away, fulham away...even spurs at home.

Jonas has been very good today. Tiote/Collo immense. No yellow for Tiote, clean sheet too.

Very happy.

being able to run doesn't count as very good imo

0 end product as always

last run of the game there no one within 15 yards of him loads of time, still can't cross properly

He held the ball up cleverly and won free kicks in dangerous areas several times. His delivery is muck, that won't change. He took people on and beat people regularly.