Shane Ferguson tearing apart international opposition

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually when CT mentions Shane the song I imagine him singing to himself at night in his Taxi is Ben by Michael Jackson. I have done for months. they lyrics only seal the deal....

Shane you're always running here and there (here and there)

You feel you're not wanted anywhere (anywhere)

Shane most people would turn you away(turn you away)

I don't listen to a word they say (a word they say)

They don't see you as I do

I wish they would try to

I'm sure they'd think again

if they had a friend like Shane

Actually when CT mentions Shane the song I imagine him singing to himself at night in his Taxi is Ben by Michael Jackson. I have done for months. they lyrics only seal the deal....

I wish they would try to

:lol: thats made me laugh out load...think the kid next to me in the office thinks am a bit simple...

I wish they would try to

Quality :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Is it too soon for this lad? He's looked a bit out of his depth recently.

Another one like Sammy who if we'd correctly strengthened our squad would be out on loan now.

Better yesterday but on the whole definitely doesnt look ready. And someone needs to give him some proper food.

Sammy should be nowhere near the first team.

Love our young players for trying under the recent circumstances, but completely agree they need some time out on loan. At the moment Bigi's the one who looks the most ready.

Another one like Sammy who if we'd correctly strengthened our squad would be out on loan now.

The ideal situation for any young player is to be introduced to the first team when they are playing well as a unit already. This season has seen changes all over the place so it really is sink or swim time for some of the younger ones who are getting games.

For me, Sammy is sinking whilst Ferguson is probably doing the doggy paddle.

The crowd that are audible around me in the Leazes seem to like Ferguson and get excited when he goes for it. Personally I think he has come under instruction from Pardew to be a little less gung ho when he has started or come on this season. He does however look pretty assured and calm on the ball, the sort of assuredness you see in a footballer with a good football brain.

Of course his size is always going to be an impediment to his overall game, but he's certainly worthy of his place on the bench at the moment.

Needs to take on his man more. Loved that tackle yesterday, took man-ball and half the pitch with him. :lol:

the commentary afterwards was superb as well I mentioned it in the match thread but it deserves another post

"not a man to mess with the Northern Ireland International"

d-Shane-Ferguson-31.gif

He hasn't impressed me at all recently. He needs to play to his strengths & work harder. He looked lazy yesterday & his crossing - which is supposedly his main attribute - looked fairly poor but i don't think it's his fault. A lot of players are suffering from our lack of transfer activity/inevitable bad luck.

• 1 month later...
@lee_ryder

Haïdara arrival could see Shane Ferguson go out on loan in Feb to the Championship #nufc

I'd say this would be just what he needs. He's looked out of his depth most recently and despite what Christmas Tree told us he wasn't our attacking saviour when he was given a chance.

One thing that has disappointed me with him recently has been his work ethic on the pitch. I always thought he worked quite hard and was determined yet when given his chance he hasn't looked up for the fight.

Pardew has mentioned he doesn't have a lot of belief in himself so that might be why. It's clear he has some talent there so a loan would definitely be good for him at this stage of his career.

I'd say this thread is a damning incite into how much his progress has stagnated as well. Two years ago Christmas Tree wrote his first love poem for Shane and we haven't saw any progress from him at all.