Shane Ferguson tearing apart international opposition

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's enthusiastic and fit and has injected that enthusiasm when he has come on. Custom fit as a late sub at this stage of his career, but still should be getting full games under his belt in the reserves.

Annoys the he'll out of me why we are not using these boys such as Abeid, Vuckic etc in the reserves.

Don't really understand why not.

Yet Fergusons the one that keeps getting on...... Go figure!

Nothing to do with Vuckic being either on loan or injured?

Nothing at all. He was part of Hughtons plans pre Pardew and has progressed this year even given his pre season injury on the states and injury prone season since.

I agree he's a canny one to have on the bench at the moment.

It's testament to the recruitment tbf that players like Vuckic are struggling to break through.

Somehow we just need to keep them all happy.

Best pool of midfield talent for many many years.

He's enthusiastic and fit and has injected that enthusiasm when he has come on. Custom fit as a late sub at this stage of his career, but still should be getting full games under his belt in the reserves.

Annoys the he'll out of me why we are not using these boys such as Abeid, Vuckic etc in the reserves.

Have we got anyone in the development squad that has made an appearance for the first team this season?

edit By that I mean, appeared for the 1st team, then ran out for the DS?

Edited by The Fish

Guest CabayeAye

Completely agree. Our reserves are a waste of time. We only seem to use shite players who will never make the step up to the 1st team. We should be getting our fringe players match fit, not leaving them in no-mans' land!

Edited by CabayeAye

Abeid plays regularly for the reserves.

I'd like to see stats for the last 10 games. I usually take an interest but don't recall seeing his name very often.

A few years back I turned up and got to see Carrol and Krul etc.

Should be giving a run out to all the squad lads who don't get games, even the likes of Obertan etc.

Abeid plays regularly for the reserves.

I'd like to see stats for the last 10 games. I usually take an interest but don't recall seeing his name very often.

A few years back I turned up and got to see Carrol and Krul etc.

Should be giving a run out to all the squad lads who don't get games, even the likes of Obertan etc.

Obertan played against the Mackems the other week. ;)

Guest CabayeAye

HBA should never have played for the reserves. It's no coincidence that him starting as a forward has met with our immense form. A blind man could see how good he has always been.

Alan Pardew: Shane Ferguson has a big future at NUFC

ALAN PARDEW has underlined the importance of Northern Ireland international Shane Ferguson and claimed the 20-year-old has a “big future” on Tyneside.

The talented left-sided player helped open up Bolton Wanderers to keep United in Champions League contention.

Pardew believes in stars like Papiss Cisse, Demba Ba and Hatem Ben Arfa, Ferguson has plenty of targets when it comes to his first-class deliveries.

Yet Pardew feels Ferguson’s form and “energy” are coming just at the right time for the Magpies as they hit the final straight with just five games left to secure a place in Europe.

Pardew said: I am a big admirer of him.

“Shane gives us a bit of energy – he is positive, perhaps team positive.

“You could tell we were lacking energy.

“We were not bright in the mind against Swansea and Bolton – they were two tough games for us.”

Pardew has encouraged Ferguson – who finally opted for Northern Ireland after a two-year tussle with the Republic for his international services – to produce more of the same.

The Newcastle gaffer added: “He wants to cross the ball and that is brilliant when you have the strikers we have.

“He put a few crosses in and won us a few corners.

“He did his job defensively – he has a big future here.”

Chronicle

:)

“He put a few crosses in and won us a few corners.

“He did his job defensively – he has a big future here.”

Sounds like another Jonas to me. Maybe Im spoiled but after seeing what ben arfa does on the other flank, this just doesnt cut it for me anymore.

I want wingers who constantly upset their defense, like that Kerim Frei lad at Fulham. 18 years old too, fuck me.

Is that too tall of an order?

what you essentially want is to support a better team

perhaps youd be more at home on an barcelona or real madrid board or something?

If he develops into a player of Jonas' calibre then that'd be brilliant. Perfect age to act as the man's understudy too if Pards wants to keep him on the books.

Definitely think Fergie should go out on loan mind to a newly-promoted club, we'd be able to see if he can cut it in the league.

If he develops into a player of Jonas' calibre then that'd be brilliant. Perfect age to act as the man's understudy too if Pards wants to keep him on the books.

Definitely think Fergie should go out on loan mind to a newly-promoted club, we'd be able to see if he can cut it in the league.

And what caliber would that be? I think Jonas is a tidy enough player, but he is one of our weaker offensive players. Especially if we can get proper fullbacks in.

And what caliber would that be? I think Jonas is a tidy enough player, but he is one of our weaker offensive players. Especially if we can get proper fullbacks in.

So fuck. Having Jonas in the team hasn't exactly held us back from scoring this season!

He's the most industrious player we have, never stops and he's always fit. Very important player for us, and a big influence in the dressing room. He's had his best season at the club.

It hasnt, but neither has Williamson and Simpson stopped us from becoming top-5. Does that mean they are top-5 quality.

Improving a team is a continuous effort and that includes singling out positions where we can improve.

In our current team that is Simpson, WIlliamson and Jonas.

Its going to be a very interesting time on the left next season.

Hopefully we will have a new left back which will leave Jonas, Marveaux and Feguson among others vying for a starting position.

If and its a big if, we lost no one and play 433 then its quite possible none of them would start!

Happy headaches to have tbf.

It hasnt, but neither has Williamson and Simpson stopped us from becoming top-5. Does that mean they are top-5 quality.

Improving a team is a continuous effort and that includes singling out positions where we can improve.

Bollocks

Bollocks

Fair enough if you disagree. I dont think he offers enough going forward and his end-product is poor.

That doesnt mean I dont rate him at all, I think he is decent.

But us suddenly being a top-6 team and not midtable or worse, I think we can do better.