Newcastle United 1-3 Manchester City

Christmas Tree

Another home defeat, very disappointing. 2 goals in the first 5 minutes didn't make for a very Merry Christmas feeling.

Was surprised Pardew took Routledge off, I thought he was having a decent game. I think I would have put Ranger on for Nolan and kept the wings intact.

I would expect to see Harper back next match after Krull's schoolboy blunder.

Was disappointed that Pardew started with a lone striker in a home game.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk of City just being 'lucky' is bollocks. It appears that no one was marking Tevez throughout the match, as he continually moved into space unopposed. That is a shocking tactical decision and if you let players of his quality find space you will get punished, as we did today on several occasions.

I fucking hate losing to such a dull team of money-hungry cunts with an incompetent bellend for a manager. Playing Carroll alone up-front was a mistake, Barton offers more than Routledge on the right and can contribute to central midfield from there too. With Barton on the right we also have room to play two strikers which creates more space and opportunities for Carroll and Nolan. Whilst Ranger offers pace and is awkward to deal with because of his size, he is rash in front of goal and his ability in the air leaves a lot to be desired. He seems to be facing his own goal when heading towards the opposition's on many occasions. Nevertheless he offers more of a threat than Ameobi or Routledge, and I wasn't convinced we would score until he came on.

Jonas' delivery in certain instances was comical, though we all know this is a weakness of his. He got into threatening positions several times only to play the ball behind the strikers; this seems to be a habit now, and it isn't possible to apply a finish onto a ball that is traveling away from you towards your own goal. It's frustrating to see this sort of thing because City are such a boring set of cunts you know that they're just going to mill about after taking an early lead, ready to head home and spend £300,000 on a fucking hat or an invisible toaster or some shite. I felt that we could get a draw out of the game at 2-1, but the non-marking of Tevez proved to be fatal. I don't know what Pardew was thinking, probably got chatting to Shola's wife on Facebook when he should have been drawing man-marking charts for Tevez, the dopey silver-haired lothario bastard.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

All this talk of City just being 'lucky' is bollocks. It appears that no one was marking Tevez throughout the match, as he continually moved into space unopposed. That is a shocking tactical decision and if you let players of his quality find space you will get punished, as we did today on several occasions.

I fucking hate losing to such a dull team of money-hungry cunts with an incompetent bellend for a manager. Playing Carroll alone up-front was a mistake, Barton offers more than Routledge on the right and can contribute to central midfield from there too. With Barton on the right we also have room to play two strikers which creates more space and opportunities for Carroll and Nolan. Whilst Ranger offers pace and is awkward to deal with because of his size, he is rash in front of goal and his ability in the air leaves a lot to be desired. He seems to be facing his own goal when heading towards the opposition's on many occasions. Nevertheless he offers more of a threat than Ameobi or Routledge, and I wasn't convinced we would score until he came on.

Jonas' delivery in certain instances was comical, though we all know this is a weakness of his. He got into threatening positions several times only to play the ball behind the strikers; this seems to be a habit now, and it isn't possible to apply a finish onto a ball that is traveling away from you towards your own goal. It's frustrating to see this sort of thing because City are such a boring set of cunts you know that they're just going to mill about after taking an early lead, ready to head home and spend £300,000 on a fucking hat or an invisible toaster or some shite. I felt that we could get a draw out of the game at 2-1, but the non-marking of Tevez proved to be fatal. I don't know what Pardew was thinking, probably got chatting to Shola's wife on Facebook when he should have been drawing man-marking charts for Tevez, the dopey silver-haired lothario bastard.

Tevez was the victim of some quite aggressive pointing from Taylor throughout the match, alas it wasn't enough to keep him quiet.

I thought 4-5-1 was a mistake like but we got no luck around the box. Balls were bouncing off our players nicely out of play or into the path of their lot, it was frustrating. Thought Routledge went past his man well enough a few times but our possession improved when Barton went out there. Still, I'd have played Carroll and Ranger from the start since, while Ranger didn't offer much, the midfield had a nicer balance and Barton improved from there on. Did Adam Johnson actually blow a kiss since I couldn't see? He basically confirmed he was a cunt with that little cameo as well. Sad thing is, I think it'll be three points dropped at Spurs as well like.

They definitely didn't deserve all three points tbh. Just because we struggled to pick up Tevez doesn't mean we didnt batter them for about 60 minutes.

I thought 4-5-1 was a mistake like but we got no luck around the box. Balls were bouncing off our players nicely out of play or into the path of their lot, it was frustrating. Thought Routledge went past his man well enough a few times but our possession improved when Barton went out there. Still, I'd have played Carroll and Ranger from the start since, while Ranger didn't offer much, the midfield had a nicer balance and Barton improved from there on. Did Adam Johnson actually blow a kiss since I couldn't see? He basically confirmed he was a cunt with that little cameo as well. Sad thing is, I think it'll be three points dropped at Spurs as well like.

They definitely didn't deserve all three points tbh. Just because we struggled to pick up Tevez doesn't mean we didnt batter them for about 60 minutes.

There just isn't enough quality in the side to take advantage of periods of battering.

Thanks to buses i arrived after the frist 20 mins, but from what i saw, we did ok but you can't give a top 4 team a 2 goal head start, you can't really give shit teams that.

From there we were the better team and first half particularly the ref was in full give them everything mode, and our final ball wasn't quite there. Jonas was poor again and Nolan was absolutely miles off it, he wasn't ready for any passes, and didn't do anything in the box when chances came to him. Rest of them didn't do badly to be fair.

And then when we get back into it at 2-1, we're completely on top of them and as usual they didn't want to know because they're just 11 mercenaries who barely give a toss at times, rather than a team like the manus and chelsea's etc. and we could easilyl have gone on to get soemthing, but they get a spawny defelection and its game over.

But the real difference was Tevez, without him they did fuck all, but he was excellent and we didn't mark him well enough.

Was surprised Pardew took Routledge off, I thought he was having a decent game.

I couldn't believe that either.Sign of things to come tbh!

Had to be Nolan off as he was way off the pace today, but i said it would be Routledge before it happened, it was predictable, though to be fair its what Hughton would likely have done too and possibly not as early!

Didnt deserve that like. Arsed up the first 5 mins but after that I thought we at least deserved a draw. Once more the ref protects a "top 4 side" with some shocking inconsistency. When we deservedly pulled one back I thought we could go on to get something only for City to then get the luckiest of goals. Not sure why Pardew took off Routledge instead of Jonas but other than that I thought we played canny at times, especially Carroll.

Away support was shite.

There just isn't enough quality in the side to take advantage of periods of battering.

I think if Nolan was having a better game, he'd have put that chance away. Carroll is certainly good enough to win games as well; I actually thought Joe Hart was class today, that weird fuck-up with Enrique's cross aside. Thought he came out and collected the ball really well and it basically limited us. If Gutierrez had a final ball, he would have battered them today.

I think if Nolan was having a better game, he'd have put that chance away. Carroll is certainly good enough to win games as well; I actually thought Joe Hart was class today, that weird fuck-up with Enrique's cross aside. Thought he came out and collected the ball really well and it basically limited us. If Gutierrez had a final ball, he would have battered them today.

I'm absolutely fucking sick of Guti and his non-crossing. He gets about 1in 5 right. Not good enough in these games at this level I'm afraid.

No reason to drop Krul for the next match, a mistake he paid for but it happens.

Jonas is just awful, he can't cross dribble or shoot, enrique would be a better left winger ffs.

I reckon he would be.

In a nutshell , I fear though it won't be addressed in the upcoming window- if anything, the opposite will happen.

I think they were a little lucky but apart from that you're spot on. Almost 100% of the time I'm in the "play your own game and let the opposition worry" school of tacticians but for teams who rely so much on one individual, a bit of special planning is a good thing and I certainly think Tevez meets that criteria. I remember saying the same about Gerrard in that game they beat us 5-1 where he was given the freedom of the park.

Of course choosing one of our players to do such a task is another matter - I wouldn't waste Tiote on that and Smith would either fail or get sent off. Maybe we should sign Aaron Hughes or Andy Griffin back - about the only man to man markers I can think of who've ever worked for us.

I think its also about time we woke up to fact of what a waste of space Guttierez is.

Hope they don't show Adam Johnson making gestures towards Enrique on MOTD, it was too vulgar for me like. Don't think it's right for their viewing audience, hopefully the FA will take action.

What'd he do i missed it

I'd tell you, but it was so vulgar that if I typed it out I would literally vomit all over my computer and probably have some kind of seizure; Britain is supposedly a civil country, yet is it really? Or is it Broken-Britain: populated by hoodlums and foreigners who make obscene gestures and tear at the very fabric of society?

Maybe I'm overreacting like, I dunno.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Another loss where we batter the opposition and come away with nowt to show from it. I'm done with Krul, time Harper was back in, and I hope the Routledge sub was just a brain freeze from Pardew rather than an example of what "observations" he makes during the game, since Routledge was one of our best players.

Lots of fouls from them as we might've expected. I think some of them had a bet on whose tackle would eventually crock Barton since they went after him with a will. I thought Tiote had an excellent game apart from giving away the second goal and I'm pleased he didn't get booked for once.

Not too bothered about losing to Man City, even at home. Time to get thinking about the next game.

Was gutted. I said up in the car to my dad that Krul looks to be a liability and times and his kicking is sooooo bad. And look what happened. He could of kicked it anywhere, back heeled it for a bloody corner. Ridiculous. Get Harper back in, Forster back and get Krul out on loan. Its not like its been one game either, his kicking has been iffy for a while and flaps at things.

Jonas too is looking poor. His work-rate is very poor and the guy behind us today agreed too from his shouting. I honestly think we should thank him and and sell, or keep him as back-up. Ben Arfa will have that spot anyway.

Only bright side is got the rapped the booky at the stadium for £1050. thank you!!!

Havent read the thread as been on the piss and cant be arsed.

Its very hard to try and recover from a 2 goal deficit within 5 minutes.

Just a tad dissappointed that we didnt start with the team that has done so well recently with Barton in for Routledge and two strikers up front. Yes we went back to that line up after 59 mins but why Pardew felt the need to change it Im not sure.

Ended up in row aa in the Sir John hall stand, about 15 feet behind the goal. Forgotten whats it like to be so close to the action and see the players close up. What a tiny fucker Tevez is. The abuse Hart got was first class. :lol:

Anyone see the classless twats on Barrack Road "putting it up to" blokes with kids and some teenage girls?...a little mob of our lot appeared,swung a punch or two then ran off...different in my day Ill tell ya... :lol:

Never seen that, thought they were quite muted for they're standards.