Nice Touch from Chris Hughton

East Stander

Managed to get an email sent onto Chris Hughton expressing my thoughts on his sacking, thanks for all his work and best wishes for the future.

In today's post, I received from him a hand written thank you card which included this sentence:

"I really enjoyed my time at Newcastle and the warmth of the supporters towards me is something I will always cherish"

Top, top man and a touching response from a man of great integrity.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great guy; hopefully he gets a job soon because football needs people like him in the game. Its just a shame it won't be with us any more, because as well as his attitude he was a more-than-able man manager and coach.

You're a dead man walking with two wins in 9 home games.

you're severely limited by the limitations of your players.

It's dignified, but you don't get prizes for being dignified, any more so than trying to do a job with your hands tied behind your back.

And thats my last word on this, but I really don't understand how people can blame Hughton too much.

I don't think anyone does blame Hughton, which is good really because the opinions of the supporters, and other people in football (journalists, other managers etc all agree) are much more valuable than those of Mike Ashely and Derek Llambias.

It's dignified, but you don't get prizes for being dignified, any more so than trying to do a job with your hands tied behind your back.

And thats my last word on this, but I really don't understand how people can blame Hughton too much.

A bit like when your man tied SBR's hands with the signings of N'Zogbia (similar situation to the Gosling transfer), Pievert on a free, and signed Nicky Butt against Sir Bob's wishes. But I suppose you'll see that as backing his manager, whereas the signing of a world cup midfielder and getting Ben Arfa in on a season long loan with a view to a perm deal is tying his hands.

A bit like when your man tied SBR's hands with the signings of N'Zogbia (similar situation to the Gosling transfer), Pievert on a free, and signed Nicky Butt against Sir Bob's wishes. But I suppose you'll see that as backing his manager, whereas the signing of a world cup midfielder and getting Ben Arfa in on a season long loan with a view to a perm deal is tying his hands.

sigh.

Bellamy, Robert, Viana, Jenas, Bramble, Ferguson, Solano, Given, Dyer, Milner, Domi, Maric, Duff, Martins, Owen, Carr, Goma, Parker etc etc, there are more....how many more times are you going to go down this road. And wtf are you talking about ref N'Zogbia ????

Did he say anything of interest?

Was called into a short meeting with Llambias and told the club wanted to move in a different direction, wasn't expecting the sack but is looking forward now and wishes the club well. As calm and dignified as you'd expect from him, really.

Was called into a short meeting with Llambias and told the club wanted to move in a different direction, wasn't expecting the sack but is looking forward now and wishes the club well. As calm and dignified as you'd expect from him, really.

what is this then ? Another plan ?

Plans within plans. The House of Cards. The lost world.

aye, all you need is a "plan". In 5 years, we will conquer the world. That's a good plan. Bombproof.

aye, all you need is a "plan". In 5 years, we will conquer the world. That's a good plan. Bombproof.

On no account at any point reveal this to the masses. :D