Football poster of the Year.

Park Life

Fussball poster of the year.  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wasn't sure whether I should vote for the most knowledgable or the poster I agree with the most, I've gone for the latter.

It tends to be the way these polls work. People go with the one's they agree with most of the time. Bearing that in mind it's not worth visionaries like me being in there, unless I could transport the rest of you into the future (say 10yrs) and then back here to vote. Fuel costs etc would be prohibitive.

Newcastle Online is full of dafties like.

I read it sometimes, people will say I'm obsessed mentioning it, I'm not. It just seems to me that on the football board there's one or two knowledgable people, and absolutely scores trying to out do each other with a piece of knowledge or angle on present things in football. Whereas on here especially talking about old times people bounce of each other more, more like a shared knowledge in each thread, like "ah aye i mind that now".

Good point that. A few times on here people have mentioned small, almost insignificant things from the '80s and '90s which have triggered memories.

I'm wasn't sure whether I should vote for the most knowledgable or the poster I agree with the most, I've gone for the latter.

It tends to be the way these polls work. People go with the one's they agree with most of the time. Bearing that in mind it's not worth visionaries like me being in there, unless I could transport the rest of you into the future (say 10yrs) and then back here to vote. Fuel costs etc would be prohibitive.

You'll get my vote the moment that Avram Grant gets the sack. :D

How on earth did Leazes make that list? He only ever posts one fuckin' thing.

not really, but I DO have to keep pointing out the blatantly obvious same point to you far too often.

How on earth did Leazes make that list? He only ever posts one fuckin' thing.

not really, but I DO have to keep pointing out the blatantly obvious same point to you far too often.

Everytime we lose a game or something bad happens your spew out the same tripe, often completely unrelated.

For example, we didn't lose the blackpool game because we had an off day in front of goal, we lost it because of Mike Ashley.

Why don't you just fuck off?

... And the token collective Australian gone from the list... Was nice while it lasted!

Someone ban AshleySkidMarks and LM from further posts in this thread pls :lol: Neither can help themselves.

I too would love to know who put in the (I'm assuming sarcastic) votes for Contrary Tree.

Leazes coming second so far :lol:

Like Owen Hargreaves coming in at second best defensive midfielder in the league, he would be if...

The results are only going to inflate egos and reaffirm that certain behaviour is acceptable, quite sad really but there we go.

... And the token collective Australian gone from the list... Was nice while it lasted!

Someone ban AshleySkidMarks and LM from further posts in this thread pls :rolleyes: Neither can help themselves.

I too would love to know who put in the (I'm assuming sarcastic) votes for Contrary Tree.

:lol:

There are many who see me for the visionary I am.

It's easy to be a sheep, far harder is the path trodden by the mountain goat.

Someone ban AshleySkidMarks and LM from further posts in this thread pls :rolleyes: Neither can help themselves.

:lol:

There are many who see me for the visionary I am.

It's easy to be a sheep, far harder is the path trodden by the mountain goat.

Aldershot, Mascherano

back in your box

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Leazes coming second so far :lol:

Like Owen Hargreaves coming in at second best defensive midfielder in the league, he would be if...

The results are only going to inflate egos and reaffirm that certain behaviour is acceptable, quite sad really but there we go.

Well I hope you're not referring to me there pal. I couldn't give a monkey's chuff. It's nice that one or two people have said they appreciate my posts and think I make a good contribution, but it makes me no better a poster or worse in the grand scheme of things, particularly when there's an equal amount think that I'm a wank, so I'm struggling to see the point of your post. What specific behaviour are you referring to? Ego's on a message board :rolleyes:

Stevie man, your running away with this poll.

Take the compliment, lots of people, me being one , think you know your stuff, and more importantly, it's so obvious that you care so much about it. ( your football,not how many folk rate you).

For all your bluster , you're a top lad.

Merry Christmas mate. :lol:

I'm lashed, but don't let that detract from the sentiment of what I mean :rolleyes:

Take the compliment, lots of people, me being one , think you know your stuff, and more importantly, it's so obvious that you care so much about it. ( your football,not how many folk rate you).

Merry Christmas mate. :rolleyes:

I'm lashed, but don't let that detract from the sentiment of what I mean :razz:

:lol: Thank you. Whenever I see Cliffhanger I think of you by the way. I can take compliments but feel embarrassed by them too especially as open a one as these, by posting here it's like I'm milking it but I don't deserve to win this imo Mancmag does this year, but I thought what Gejon said was antagonistic.

Merry Christmas to you MF. See all that wine you've had, I've had about a bottle today but drinking really slowly and a few beers, but see wine it's the hardest thing to drink only thing that makes me black out. I went to a christmas do about 10-12 years ago, had three bottles there was at that hotel in the central station, my last memory was 11pm telling my boss I loved her, till 8am the next day and I woke up next to some total stinker who I'd never met before in my life. I restrict mesel to two bottles max these days.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Merry Christmas mate. :huh:

I'm lashed, but don't let that detract from the sentiment of what I mean :nufc:

:( Thank you. Whenever I see Cliffhanger I think of you by the way. I can take compliments but feel embarrassed by them too especially as open a one as these, by posting here it's like I'm milking it but I don't deserve to win this imo Mancmag does this year, but I thought what Gejon said was antagonistic.

Merry Christmas to you MF. See all that wine you've had, I've had about a bottle today but drinking really slowly and a few beers, but see wine it's the hardest thing to drink only thing that makes me black out. I went to a christmas do about 10-12 years ago, had three bottles there was at that hotel in the central station, my last memory was 11pm telling my boss I loved her, till 8am the next day and I woke up next to some total stinker who I'd never met before in my life. I restrict mesel to two bottles max these days.

:rolleyes::razz::icon_lol:

Cliffhanger man :lol:

Was the stinker your boss, or a last minute lucky dip?

Merry Christmas mate. :huh:

I'm lashed, but don't let that detract from the sentiment of what I mean :nufc:

:( Thank you. Whenever I see Cliffhanger I think of you by the way. I can take compliments but feel embarrassed by them too especially as open a one as these, by posting here it's like I'm milking it but I don't deserve to win this imo Mancmag does this year, but I thought what Gejon said was antagonistic.

:rolleyes::razz::icon_lol:

Cliffhanger man :lol:

Was the stinker your boss, or a last minute lucky dip?

Nar me bosses right leg was about as thick as mine both together and she was about 40 me aboot 20 or 21. Was someone, when the story unravelled, who was in a taxi queue. It's the worst feeling like when you wake up hungover to fuck thinking where the fuck am I happened a number of times to me.

I voted for Chez. I enjoy Stevie's posting a lot but Chez gave me a stick to beat Leazes with by translating a lot of the financial information that's around. Clever bloke.

Loads of good posters not even nominated imo: Tooj, mancy, ScottishMag, Matt, Holden, KD, David Kelly, Barney, some of the Aussie lads, they all know their stuff. Sure there's a few I haven't mentioned as well.

Loads of good posters not even nominated imo: Tooj, mancy, ScottishMag, Matt, Holden, KD, David Kelly, Barney, some of the Aussie lads, they all know their stuff. Sure there's a few I haven't mentioned as well.

All worthy winners too, well other than one listed. If NJS wasn't so patronising he'd be up there too and if he hadn't have told me to fuck right off three times in the South Tyneside/Sunderland thread he'd have challenged mancmag in my view. Go on other toon message boards and see if you have the same level of posters, it doesn't happen imo on any of them, so I'm flattered that I've won. I think if you win one of these "accolades" you should be exempt from being nominated the next year. Parky needs to review his candidates imo next year, they need to be done before any pot sessions commence.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club