Christmas break-up

Gemmill

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats peoples christmas eve plans? All my mates are going out to get hammered. I shall be spending it in the house watching Home Alone with the wife however. I'd feel guilty ditching my Mrs or kids on christmas eve, surely its the one night of the year you should spend with your family!?

All my marras go out to the local on christmas eve, but I'm going to stop in this year with the wife and bairns. The youngest is nearly 5 and dead excited so I've said we'll stay up late and watch for Santa at the window and watch Home Alone 1. He'll have new christmas jarmas on aswell, it's the law :rolleyes: .

Quite sad to be fair but I'd rather see his excitement and feel fresh christmas day than be hungowa 'til teatime.

A couple of years back my sister had saved up a fortune from her part time job to buy her boyfriend a shit load of presents for christmas. He rang her on christmas morning to say he felt sick (hungover) and would just see her on boxing day to swap presents.

A quick phone call from my dad and he was in the car and on his way :D

Kids are up waiting for santa, excited as fuck, watching christmas films, putting out milk and carrots . . . and dads out on the hoy. That's not gravy like

Carrots?

For Rudolph, howay man. :D

Never heard of that before. Surely Rudolph wasnt allowed in the house? Or maybe my dad just could be arsed to eat a raw carrot. :rolleyes:

Me and the bairns leave a dram of my finest malt oot, some nuts, carrot and a drop of milk.

Carrot gans back in the fridge and the milk gans in her cuppa whilst I fire a few malts doon my neck and eat some nuts. Very highest of lives, tbf.

Kids are up waiting for santa, excited as fuck, watching christmas films, putting out milk and carrots . . . and dads out on the hoy. That's not gravy like

Carrots?

For Rudolph, howay man. :D

Never heard of that before. Surely Rudolph wasnt allowed in the house? Or maybe my dad just couldn't be arsed to eat a raw carrot. :rolleyes:

You dont eat it all man! Just half to show he's been

Whats peoples christmas eve plans? All my mates are going out to get hammered. I shall be spending it in the house watching Home Alone with the wife however. I'd feel guilty ditching my Mrs or kids on christmas eve, surely its the one night of the year you should spend with your family!?

All my marras go out to the local on christmas eve, but I'm going to stop in this year with the wife and bairns. The youngest is nearly 5 and dead excited so I've said we'll stay up late and watch for Santa at the window and watch Home Alone 1. He'll have new christmas jarmas on aswell, it's the law :rolleyes: .

Quite sad to be fair but I'd rather see his excitement and feel fresh christmas day than be hungowa 'til teatime.

A couple of years back my sister had saved up a fortune from her part time job to buy her boyfriend a shit load of presents for christmas. He rang her on christmas morning to say he felt sick (hungover) and would just see her on boxing day to swap presents.

A quick phone call from my dad and he was in the car and on his way :D

Did he offer him out? I see where you get it from now! :rolleyes:

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Can't be arsed to go to town for the end of the shopping today faakin freezin in Newcastle and it's still snowing, gonna be a mad last minute dash tomorrow, why change the habit of a life time?

Can't be arsed to go to town for the end of the shopping today faakin freezin in Newcastle and it's still snowing, gonna be a mad last minute dash tomorrow, why change the habit of a life time?

That theory has held me in good stead for years and I will continue to utilise it. It makes it all the more exciting seeing thousands of 30 something males storming around town and picking up any owld shite that they think'll dee.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

That theory has held me in good stead for years and I will continue to utilise it. It makes it all the more exciting seeing thousands of 30 something males storming around town and picking up any owld shite that they think'll dee.

:D pmsl so fuckin true.

I broke up yesterday, and am enjoying life as a free man until 4th of Jan.

Got home last night and wrapped for 2 hours, and have done another 2 hours this morning whilst listening to a bit of Radio 2 - Chris Evans knows how to do a Christmas breakfast show. I'm the rock and roll Santa.

Later today, I'll be delivering presents at relative's houses, then back home to queue up some Christmas type movies and start the wait for Santa a day early.

What are all of you plebs up to?

Fucking hell man. I also thought you had just split up with your lass, then Im thinking you were still wrapping her presents :D

Finishing off today but back in tomorrow to run a few month end reports and reconcile the bank stuff. Leave by lunch time. Then chill with the kids in the afternoon before picking up granny. Then we're off to the village green to freeze my fucking bollocks off while the carol singers chant, then its back hyem for some mulled wine and wrap the kids presents.

Finish tomorrow, allegedly at 5pm but in the 7 years I've worked there we've never had to stay past 1.30pm. Got nowt to do tomorrow anyway so will mainly be winding people up and browsing forums. Off until the 4th Jan after that.

All my shopping is done and just one left to wrap so all I have to do tomorrow is get over to the mother-in-law's, have some scran then get back out to the pub. I never feel Christmassy until I've got my first Christmas Eve pint in hand.

Only got my dad a round of golf at Slaley, a nose hair trimmer, a pressure pump that plugs into your car lighter and some forero roshay so i want to get him summat else too (something not shit).

Took me 5 fooking minutes to work out what the hell you were on about there. :D

I never feel Christmassy until I've got my first Christmas Eve pint in hand.

Hmmm. Bit un-ladylike tbh.

Vodka & diet coke? Wine?

I've just scoffed a load of chocolates if that helps.

Edited by Jill

I never feel Christmassy until I've got my first Christmas Eve pint in hand.

Hmmm. Bit un-ladylike tbh.

Vodka & diet coke? Wine?

I've just scoffed a load of chocolates if that helps.

.....Whilst watching Victoria Wood?

:D

Handed in my week's notice so I could spend some time with the family. Going to Guildford tomorrow via train so it's xmas day with dad & the step family, then football on boxing day & pressies from ma.

Should be a pretty decent xmas all round. :D

Tesco tomorrow morning to finish the presents off and then off to the pub.

You want to be there at 6 am, I reckon. Tesco will be horrendous tomorrow. I went on NYE once and it took me over an hour to get out the car park.