Christmas break-up

Gemmill

I've been off since last Friday, came back to my parents' on Saturday for Slava (Serbian celebration of the family's saint - nowt to do with Christmas, ours just happens to be on th 19th December), got this week of as A/L. Not at work again until 29th, off on 30th but working the next three days after that. Not really bothered though cos New Year's is shit anyway.

Anyway, got all my shopping sorted in an usually stress free manner of the last couple of days, there's snow underfoot, the fire is roaring, decorated the tree yesterday whilst watching Die Hard, then went to the carols in the evening. Gerrin. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... :D

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
I've been off since last Friday, came back to my parents' on Saturday for Slava (Serbian celebration of the family's saint - nowt to do with Christmas, ours just happens to be on th 19th December), got this week of as A/L. Not at work again until 29th, off on 30th but working the next three days after that. Not really bothered though cos New Year's is shit anyway.

Anyway, got all my shopping sorted in an usually stress free manner of the last couple of days, there's snow underfoot, the fire is roaring, decorated the tree yesterday whilst watching Die Hard, then went to the carols in the evening. Gerrin. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... :D

Are you Serbian descent like?

Yeah, mum's side. Both her parents are from Belgrade, they moved (separately, then met) here after WW2.

Anyway, got all my shopping sorted in an usually stress free manner of the last couple of days, there's snow underfoot, the fire is roaring, decorated the tree yesterday whilst watching Die Hard, then went to the carols in the evening. Gerrin. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... :rolleyes:

Yeah, mum's side. Both her parents are from Belgrade, they moved (separately, then met) here after WW2.

Have a lot of sympathy for the Serbs now that I've read up on some of it. :D

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Well at least you'll be a good looking cunt.

Anyway, got all my shopping sorted in an usually stress free manner of the last couple of days, there's snow underfoot, the fire is roaring, decorated the tree yesterday whilst watching Die Hard, then went to the carols in the evening. Gerrin. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... :rolleyes:

Well at least you'll be a good looking cunt.

:D:rolleyes:

Edited by luckyluke

Finishing in a couple of hours.

Then off to home bargains for some cheap tat for the kids of friends and distant relatives.

Only got my dad a round of golf at Slaley, a nose hair trimmer, a pressure pump that plugs into your car lighter and some forero roshay so i want to get him summat else too (something not shit).

Then I'll be putting on my best Tony Manero shirt for a night in the cutting edge pubs and clubs of south shields. My longest friend's birthday today, so we're REALLY living it up.

Do some card/present deliveries deliveries on christmas eve before stopping at me mam's with my big brother and his young un. Doing the whole santa bit, leaving out a mince pie and a carrot and that, which i've not done in 20 years at least.

Will be getting up at 5am on Christmas day too, which again, is not what i'd normally do....stopping in all day.....might go to the pub for a couple before lunch, but it's delboy, the life of brian and toys all the way after.

Boxing day....match

Monday....sales...need a new winter coat.

Stopping in New year. Used to make the effort for it, even though i know it's always a shit night. Not this year. Gonna stop in with a film and asda party pack, then the week after we'll have a new year meal at the fishermans lodge without the nighmare crowds and lack of available taxis.

Nothing can go wrong.

Edited by Happy Face

Then off to home bargains for some cheap tat for the kids of friends and distant relatives.

Only got my dad a round of golf at Slaley, a nose hair trimmer, a pressure pump that plugs into your car lighter and some forero roshay so i want to get him summat else too (something not shit).

Then I'll be putting on my best Tony Manero shirt for a night in the cutting edge pubs and clubs of south shields. My longest friend's birthday today, so we're REALLY living it up.

Do some card/present deliveries deliveries on christmas eve before stopping at me mam's with my big brother and his young un. Doing the whole santa bit, leaving out a mince pie and a carrot and that, which i've not done in 20 years at least.

Will be getting up at 5am on Christmas day too, which again, is not what i'd normally do....stopping in all day.....might go to the pub for a couple before lunch, but it's delboy, the life of brian and toys all the way after.

Boxing day....match

Stopping in New year. Used to make the effort for it, even though i know it's always a shit night. Not this year. Gonna stop in with a film and asda party pack, then the week after we'll have a new year meal at the fishermans lodge without the nighmare crowds and lack of available taxis.

Nothing can go wrong.

:D

Boxing day....match

Nothing can go wrong.

Lols at the ones in red :rolleyes:

Puzzled by the one in Blue. Whats a pressure pump? :D

Boxing day....match

Nothing can go wrong.

Lols at the ones in red :rolleyes:

You know when you use a pressurized pump on your tyres at the town hall garage.

It's one that goes in your boot.

£2.99 from the aforementioned Home Bargains :rolleyes:

Boxing day....match

Nothing can go wrong.

Lols at the ones in red :icon_lol:

or

Universally known as a Tyre Inflator :rolleyes:

Boxing day....match

Nothing can go wrong.

or

Universally known as a Tyre Inflator :icon_lol:

I wouldn't use a tyre inflator to pu,p up an inflatable chair or paddling pool :rolleyes:

Whats peoples christmas eve plans? All my mates are going out to get hammered. I shall be spending it in the house watching Home Alone with the wife however. I'd feel guilty ditching my Mrs or kids on christmas eve, surely its the one night of the year you should spend with your family!?

Boxing day....match

Nothing can go wrong.

or

I wouldn't use a tyre inflator to pu,p up an inflatable chair or paddling pool :rolleyes:

You certainly wouldnt use a pressure pump (he says having googled pressure pumps)

Whats peoples christmas eve plans? All my mates are going out to get hammered. I shall be spending it in the house watching Home Alone with the wife however. I'd feel guilty ditching my Mrs or kids on christmas eve, surely its the one night of the year you should spend with your family!?

I think thats Xmas tbf.

All my marras go out to the local on christmas eve, but I'm going to stop in this year with the wife and bairns. The youngest is nearly 5 and dead excited so I've said we'll stay up late and watch for Santa at the window and watch Home Alone 1. He'll have new christmas jarmas on aswell, it's the law :D .

Quite sad to be fair but I'd rather see his excitement and feel fresh christmas day than be hungowa 'til teatime.

Kids are up waiting for santa, excited as fuck, watching christmas films, putting out milk and carrots . . . and dads out on the hoy. That's not gravy like

Carrots?

For Rudolph, howay man. :D

Boxing day....match

Nothing can go wrong.

or

You certainly wouldnt use a pressure pump (he says having googled pressure pumps)

Air compressor then....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00426CZXS/ref=...ASIN=B00426CZXS

Kids are up waiting for santa, excited as fuck, watching christmas films, putting out milk and carrots . . . and dads out on the hoy. That's not gravy like

Carrots?

For Rudolph, howay man. :D

Never heard of that before. Surely Rudolph wasnt allowed in the house? Or maybe my dad just couldn't be arsed to eat a raw carrot. :rolleyes:

Edited by Holden McGroin