Sunderland Chairman Pleads for more fans to turn up

Christmas Tree

Niall Quinn has pleaded with Sunderland fans to turn up in greater numbers to back their Europe push.

The Black Cats chairman wants to see 40,000-plus gates – a rise of 5,000 on recent attendances at the Stadium of Light.

Owner Ellis Short has splashed out on a team that is currently sixth in the Premier League.

And after issuing half-season tickets to cover the rest of the campaign, Quinn said: “Our crowds are among the best in the country, but most of the clubs above us command higher gates.

The financial climate makes it difficult for supporters, but we need to lift our crowd back up to 40-43,000 or even better.

“Our future advancement depends on this.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chair...icle655515.html

:nah:

I hate Sunderland like I really do.

I was dragged there today to do some shopping and you just look around and its like being on the set of some Zombie movie. The ammount of grown men late 20's / early 30's that dress like fucking 14 year old chavas is bizzarre.

As we were there I decided to take the nipper along to see the Reindeer at the "lapland display" in Mowbray park.

Fuck me, one of the poor little bastards has had an antler nicked! No wonder he tried to do a runner last week.

Got security guards on 24 hour duty now.

Horrible place.

haha, well normally i'm against sensationalist headlines but for once i'll let it slide! that mirror headline put a smile right across my face.

Nice how the numbers he is citing as an 'improvement' are the kind of crowds that SJP pull sin regularly!!

We'd probably manage to do it away too if we were allowed more than a handful of seats (looking at you spurs!)

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I was dragged there today to do some shopping and you just look around and its like being on the set of some Zombie movie. The ammount of grown men late 20's / early 30's that dress like fucking 14 year old chavas is bizzarre.

As we were there I decided to take the nipper along to see the Reindeer at the "lapland display" in Mowbray park.

Fuck me, one of the poor little bastards has had an antler nicked! No wonder he tried to do a runner last week.

Horrible place.

I've got so many memories of Sunderland from working there. Everyone to a man smokes, the women are generally vile, and the blokes common as fuck. I don't like to generalise but it's such a noticable difference from our great toon on the banks of the Tyne. Some people are suited by going there,

If I was to die today, and my life flashed before me, my abiding memory of Sunderland (apart from shaggin a mackem for a while), was being in the bookies beside Sunderland train station about 2001, and this woman probably about 32 (she looked 40) but that's the standard crack in Sunderland they all look old, she had her bare arms exposed, arms which were thicker than my considerable thighs, with a huge 1990's Sunderland badge where your BCG should be shouting "WHERES MEA FOOOKKIN TABS SOME CUNTS TAKEN A ROIT LIBER-TEA EAR LOIK", and this bloke came in looking as rough as her "LEA-SA A COULD EAR NEE-ULLY ON FAWASUTT STR-EA-T AV GOT YA FOOKIN TABS EAR TAYUK A CHEEL PEEL", fuckin what a bunch of bamps.

Guess Matt Cardle will be after a season ticket then...

As if he's got a book out already. Fucking hell.

I kna'. Was in hmv on Northumberland st. on sunday and seen it on the shelves. 'My Story so far' ... Eh, we already know mate, your mam tucks you into bed. Fucking hell. Saying that like, I do fancy his calendar :nah:

Horrible place.

I've got so many memories of Sunderland from working there. Everyone to a man smokes, the women are generally vile, and the blokes common as fuck. I don't like to generalise but it's such a noticable difference from our great toon on the banks of the Tyne. Some people are suited by going there,

If I was to die today, and my life flashed before me, my abiding memory of Sunderland (apart from shaggin a mackem for a while), was being in the bookies beside Sunderland train station about 2001, and this woman probably about 32 (she looked 40) but that's the standard crack in Sunderland they all look old, she had her bare arms exposed, arms which were thicker than my considerable thighs, with a huge 1990's Sunderland badge where your BCG should be shouting "WHERES MEA FOOOKKIN TABS SOME CUNTS TAKEN A ROIT LIBER-TEA EAR LOIK", and this bloke came in looking as rough as her "LEA-SA A COULD EAR NEE-ULLY ON FAWASUTT STR-EA-T AV GOT YA FOOKIN TABS EAR TAYUK A CHEEL PEEL", fuckin what a bunch of bamps.

Fuck that, you just keep on generalising, Stevie! (Even though you don't like doing it) :lol:

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
And the mighty Celtic got a huge crowd of 15,000 last night.

Fucking hell.

45s officially don't know where he's getting 15s from.

I think for the size of club the mackems are they get great crowds, Quinn's crack about if it goes right they'll be bigger than Newcastle is pathetic, they all know they never will be due to history, geography, regional bias, national perception and fanbase.

article-1261027-08E2D7DD000005DC-749_468x286.jpg

:D

That's the away end. It always looks shit on the tele as the average away attendance at our place this season must be under 700. Sadly we can't stick them up in the gods because of police cells and all that bollocks.

Our average attendance this season will be about 39/40k, not bad at all, long gone are the days where we sell out frequently, same with you as well and pretty much every other club in the league.

And the mighty Celtic got a huge crowd of 15,000 last night.

Fucking hell.

45s officially don't know where he's getting 15s from.

I think for the size of club the mackems are they get great crowds, Quinn's crack about if it goes right they'll be bigger than Newcastle is pathetic, they all know they never will be due to history, geography, regional bias, national perception and fanbase.

From people at the match. Search celtic versus kilmarnock attendance and check out board 67