Highest point: 5-1

Lowest point: The Hughton sacking week

Game of the season: 5-1

Goal of the year: Probably Jonas' against Barnsley

Refereeing thiefery: Failing to send off Karl Henry and Nigel de Jong

Most improved player: Barton

Most disappointing player: Perch

highest beating the mackems.

Lowest would be the sacking of Chris Hughton.

Game of the season would be the 5-1

Most improved would be Carroll

Most disappointing would be Lovenkrands, although he's barely had a kick

Goal of the season would be Ben Arfa at Everton

Highest point: Smashing the Mackems after all the bravado from their end

Lowest point: Hughton's sacking

Game of the season: Newcastle 5-1 Sunderland

Goal of the year: Ben Arfa against Everton

Refereeing thiefery: Man City 2-1 Newcastle. A leg breaking challenge from De Jong goes unpunished, a magnificent challenge from Williamson outside the box and they're rewarded with a penalty. Overall Marriner's performance against Everton was worse but we won that game so he just gets off.

Most improved player: Andy Carroll

Most disappointing player: Wayne Routledge

Edited by Ketsbaia

Highest point: 5-1 against the Mackems and finding myself necking shots to celebrate

Lowest point: Hughton getting sacked and replaced with Pardew

Goal of the year: Ben Arfa's vs Everton or Enrique's against Forest.

Refereeing thiefery: The Man City game was a fine example of how to be an utterly shit referee. They were getting fouls for diving all over the shop and we got nowt for seeing our star player have his leg broken and seeing a perfectly good challenge in the box ruled as a penalty. First time I've left a game in ages thinking we were done by the ref.

Most disappointing player: Lovenkrands, but only because he was excellent at the back of last season and hasn't been able to carry his form across. I always knew Perch was going to be a bit shit, sadly.

If we're going on a calendar year, that's a bit harsh. He was great from Jan to May, and one of the big reasons we scored so many goals in the second half of last season.

Highest point: Demolition Derby

Goal of the year: Ben Arfa vs. Everton

Refereeing thiefery: Man City away. Last weeks was a joker as well (vs. liverpoo)

Most improved player: Nolan

Most disappointing player: Best

If we're going on a calendar year, that's a bit harsh. He was great from Jan to May, and one of the big reasons we scored so many goals in the second half of last season.

Highest point: Demolition Derby

Goal of the year: Ben Arfa vs. Everton

Refereeing thiefery: Man City away. Last weeks was a joker as well (vs. liverpoo)

Most improved player: Nolan

Most disappointing player: Best

It's the disappointment of seeing how good he was last year and how much he's struggled this year. I know we've stepped up in quality but I saw nothing to suggest he couldn't replicate some of last years form in the top flight.

Lowest point: Toss up between Hughton getting sacked/ Pardew getting appointed/ Ben Arfa getting injured

Game of the season: Chelsea in the cup

Refereeing thiefery: Ben Arfa's broken leg

Most improved player: Joey Barton

Most disappointing player: Leon Best

Highest point: Beating Sunderland 5-1. We'd all heard the same old shite from the mackems for months about how we were going straight back down and how they are going to qualify for Europe etc etc. Talking our players down and saying they would win 4-0 and ''Benty'' would get a hat trick. 3-0 at half time. Destroyed.

Lowest point: Losing Chris Hughton. Everyone was behind Chris and it seemed he was doing his job well. It just seemed behind the scenes sacking rather than one based on work or ability.

Game of the season: I would normally put the mackems here but I don't want to forget about Villa. So yeah beating Villa 6-0 was amazing because their fans are cunts to a man. Awful boring brummie bastards. Plus it silenced a lot of the mockery made of handing Andy Carroll the number 9. ''You're not laughing anymore'' is what we sung but we may aswell have been singing it at the entire country.

Goal of the year: It has to be Ben Arfa's at Everton. It was an amazing strike. I was quite well pissed up at Everton and we were having a great time so to see that rocket fly into the top corner was amazing. Close would be Bartons against Villa and Carroll's against Liverpool.

Refereeing thiefery: Man City away was a joke, their penalty claim wasn't even in the box when the foul took place.

Most improved player: Carroll. He's made the transition amazingly well. Strangely he's scoring more than he did in the Championship.

Most disappointing player: Guthrie. I thought we had a decent midfielder in Guthrie but he's been terrible. Disinterested and often found wanting.

We've scored plenty of great goals this season. We've scored 27 already this season compared to the 40 in the full relegation season. Also Carroll and Nolan have 18 between them (2 more than Martins, Owen and Viduka in 08/09 full season)

So we are doing well on the goal front. Quite a few from outside the box too!

High Point- raking :jesuswept: the mackems 5-1.

Low Point- Hughton dismissal

Best game- Humping Villa 6-0. Only because I've already picked the derby above.

Best Goal- Carrolls against the Dippers. Laughed like a bastard when it went in.

Worst Refereeing- Failing to do anything about the Ben Arfa leg break.

Most Improved Player- Carroll. Has swept aside any lingering doubts over his ability to perform in the PL.

Most disappointing player. Tough one. Knew our shit players were shit, so haven't been disappointed.

Probably Guthrie, bit of talent, hasn't really showed it.

We've scored plenty of great goals this season. We've scored 27 already this season compared to the 40 in the full relegation season. Also Carroll and Nolan have 18 between them (2 more than Martins, Owen and Viduka in 08/09 full season)

So we are doing well on the goal front. Quite a few from outside the box too!

Aye we've got some great goal scorers, but not many scorers of great goals imo.

I'd do my review, but it mirrors Tom's other than most disappointing player, which would be Jonas, he's done fuck all in the Premier League

The form of Barton and Nolan after the relegation season has been a massive boost. They both looked like they were finished but Nolan has carried his goals from the championship into the top flight and Barton is a player reborn i thought we'd do well to shift him pre season but he's been class.

High point for me was Chelsea away in the cup. I haven't been to a game like that in years.

Low point was without a doubt the hughton sacking.

Highest point: Smashing the Mackems after all the bravado from their end

Refereeing thiefery: Man City 2-1 Newcastle. A leg breaking challenge from De Jong goes unpunished, a magnificent challenge from Williamson outside the box and they're rewarded with a penalty. Overall Marriner's performance against Everton was worse but we won that game so he just gets off.

Pretty much my thoughts, you can't do better than the mackem game, cracking goal by Ben Arfa, and the ref against man city wanted shooting.

For most improved player i'm not sure as i've always rated Carroll and was just waiting to see how well he stepped up a level, so i'll probably go Barton. Again i've always said Barton had the ability we just hadn't seen it through injury, suspensions and jail, but i'd still give him most improved as he's gone from nonentity here to linchpin of the team and how we play.

Most disappointing player would be Perch as he is a car crash of a footballer, but i wasn't expecting anything so he's not the biggest disappointment, whereas i though Routledge could do a really good job for us in the prem but so far he's struggled really badly.

High Point Beating the mackems 5-1, nothing comes close

Low Point Hughton dismissal (although I agree with it in hindsight).

Best game Has to be the mackem game as I watched in a pub with an 80% mackem fan base. Avery close second was the Chelsea cup game as it was totally unexpected.

Worst Refereeing Got to be Ben Arfa

Most Improved Player Carroll. I just didnt realise how good he was. Even when all the "over the top" england hype was going on earlier in the season, I still didnt realise he was quite the player most were saying. Now a believer.

Most disappointing player. Has to Guthrie. I pretty much already new the crapness of Jonas and Routledge, however Guthrie has really let himself down.

Favourite Goal Has to be Carrols against Liverpool not just because of the pressure it lifted on such an important match, but also because it proved to me that he had a cracking shot from outside the Box.

Looking forward to in the next 6 months

The return of Ben Arfa and Lua Lua, the cup final, finishing in a European spot and Baileys off Fish. (and the "Llambias Yes Gemmil" thread).

Funny how we are all talking about this season and not the promotion winning season that also included the first 5 months of this year.

Lowest point: Ben Arfa breaking his leg

Game of the season: Chelsea in the cup

Goal of the year: Shola vs Chelsea in the cup

Refereeing thiefery: Wolves away

Most improved player: Nolan or Simpson

Most disappointing player: Xisco, he looked decent in friendlies then got sent off in the reserves.

High point...twatting the mackems was better than promotion

low point...sacking Huhton, just pointless

Game of the season...mackems, although Villa and Chelsea run it close.

Goal of the year...Jose v Forest. The players and all of us knew were were up then.

Worst ref, obviously at Citeh it was bad, but last January in the cup at WBA was in the same bracket.

Most improved player..Carroll

Most disappointing...none of them have greatly disappointed me, but I wish Alan Smith would fuck off.

Highest point - Doncaster 0 - 1. That was the moment i knew we were back up. It was the week that Carroll allegedly broke Taylor's jaw and Hughton started Carroll amid plenty of media shite and attention. He scored the only goal which i think was about our only decent chance.

Lowest point - Ben Arfa's injury. I was angry about Hughton but i was genuinely more that sad that day.

Game of the year - Should be the mackems, i travelled back for it, had a lush weekend but Arsenal away was the biggest result for the club for the outside world. And so it should have been, what a performance. Tim Krul getting 2 of the 3 points with that save too.

Goal of the year - Carroll v Villa, or Ameobi v Sunderland. Cant make up my mind.

Most improved player - Carroll, couldnt be anyone else really.

Most disappointing player - Jonas. Has good quick feet, should have been a dancer.

Mind, the best goal should have been Carroll's miss against Liverpool where he started the move to Barton (who whipped in an amazing cross) and if he'd kept his header down it would have been sheer poetry

Edited by The Fish

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Whats you highest point, lowest point, game of the season, goal of the season, refereeing thiefery of the season, most improved player, most dissappointind player.

You get the drift

High point: 5-1

Goal of the season: Ben Arfa blue dippers

Most improved player: Tim Krul cos he's gettin more games

Most disappointing player: Routledge

Highest point: Sending the mackems back home after 5-1. Pity they didn't have further to travel feeling like shit.

Lowest point: Hughton

Goal of the year: Ben Arfa's wonder strike against Everton

Worst moment: Joey Barton punching Gamst Pederson after a wonderful start to the season, and pushing for an England call-up

Most improved player: Carroll

Most disappointing player: Jonas (so far)

Jonas seems to have lost confidence this season. He used to run the left side ragged. Two, three, fours defenders it didnt matter. Couple of touches and gone. But now he looks lost. Won't push forward, won't take a man on, and when passes, he doesn't move. Because of this, Enrique is having to be conservative in his attacking. A shame really. Come on Jonas, we want our spiderman back.