The football trivia thread

Mac-Toon

Rod Fanni

what a name :wub:

Can you not remember that headline in the Daily Record man when Celtic were in for him about 3 years ago. "CELTIC IN FANNI HUNT" fuck knows how they got away with it.

:blush: aye. I think I recall a website going with "CLUBS DESPERATE FOR FANNI" during one transfer window.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't Ruud Gullit in pre-season, was it?

No. I knew this purely cos his name stuck in my head, respect to anyone who gets it.

Going back a while, I take it. I'm struggling to think of any beyond Krul and Kluivert tbh.

Is John Karelse Dutch?

bugga, beaten to it. aye, hes dutch.

Don't know if it's him like. He played when we got beat stuffed away to Southampton under Gullit iirc, just before the derby. Better than Given, obviously. Another masterstroke by Ruud.

You've got me stumped. Only ones in the Premiership era are Karelse, Kluivert & Krul so it pre-dates 1992.

What era is it Stevie?

Era would give it away, people of HMHM/PaddockFan/CT/Peasepud's age, have a good chance of getting it that's all I'll say.

Edited by McFaul

Shame it's not Pinas just purely for the joke value.

I'll admit I had to look it up, as he gets a mention in 50 Years Of Hurt but Frans Koenen must be close to the 1st

There's nee way sat in walkaboutcreak you'd have got that without googling it. Well done anyway.

Shame it's not Pinas just purely for the joke value.

I'll admit I had to look it up, as he gets a mention in 50 Years Of Hurt but Frans Koenen must be close to the 1st

There's nee way sat in walkaboutcreak you'd have got that without googling it. Well done anyway.

walkabout creek :icon_lol:

fuckwit :icon_lol:

You do realise that even upside down, one can read a book or 50 about the toon to try and make up for not going week in week out.

CT has a whole PR department behind him and ....

Oh yeah right :o