The football trivia thread

Mac-Toon

PSV in 1988 was the last answer for the 'trebles' question by the way.

Fascinating to look at the stats for domestic doubles too. There were five in England between 1869 & 1993 and then six between 1994 & 2010. Just goes to show how much stronger the biggest, richest clubs are becoming compared to the rest.

Didn't Fergie say its because of better pitches?....the best sides are able to play at their best on the almost uniformly great surfaces in the premier league.

But I think you're more accurate :nah:

Which British footballer scored a goal at his home ground for the away team and it wasn't an own goal?

I'm thinking somebody at Inter or AC or another ground share team.

Becks?

Ian Rush probably too.

Ince?

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fascinating to look at the stats for domestic doubles too. There were five in England between 1869 & 1993 and then six between 1994 & 2010. Just goes to show how much stronger the biggest, richest clubs are becoming compared to the rest.

Didn't Fergie say its because of better pitches?....the best sides are able to play at their best on the almost uniformly great surfaces in the premier league.

Which British footballer scored a goal at his home ground for the away team and it wasn't an own goal?

Becks?

Ian Rush probably too.

Ince?

Almost every striker (plus friends) who played for Wimbledon or Palace in the 90s?

Edited by Walliver

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Becks?

Ian Rush probably too.

Ince?

Palace v Wimbledon it would've happened every game too, and Palace v Charlton, West Ham v Charlton etc... Gillingham v Brighton

Becks?

Ian Rush probably too.

Ince?

Palace v Wimbledon it would've happened every game too, and Palace v Charlton, West Ham v Charlton etc... Gillingham v Brighton

I'd imagine all the ground share answers are correct.....my boy is Kenny Dalglish....anyone know why?

Did Scotland ever play at Anfield?

Other than that, no idea.

Aye I've got a book about it. They played Wales in a Qualifier for the World Cup in 1978. Wales were supposed to be the home team but the jocks outnumbered them 10 to 1, they broke down the gates of The Kop and it was the fullest it's ever been. After the game there were 2,000 empty whisky bottles littered round the terraces, and Scotland won 2-0.

Bet it's Porto and/or Benfica.

No. Not German, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese.

Celtic? I'm just naming every European Cup winner now btw :nah:

Celtic won every tournament they entered in 1967.

Didn't they all come from within 30 miles of Parkhead or something too?

Aye 30 mile from Parkhead, four of them prods too. Apparently they should've won it in 1970 too.

Aye I've got a book about it. They played Wales in a Qualifier for the World Cup in 1978. Wales were supposed to be the home team but the jocks outnumbered them 10 to 1, they broke down the gates of The Kop and it was the fullest it's ever been. After the game there were 2,000 empty whisky bottles littered round the terraces, and Scotland won 2-0.

If Dalglish scored, there's the answer then.

If Dalglish scored, there's the answer then.

HE DID.

40 seconds in on this compilation, that's the game. Look how packed Anfield is with all them drunk jocks man.

Celtic? I'm just naming every European Cup winner now btw :D

Aye 30 mile from Parkhead, four of them prods too. Apparently they should've won it in 1970 too.

That I didn't know.

As an achievement I can't think of anything to top that. Us winning the treble, playing fantastic football, with a team who were all born within 30 miles of SJP: truly the stuff of fantasies.

Celtic? I'm just naming every European Cup winner now btw :D

That I didn't know.

As an achievement I can't think of anything to top that. Us winning the treble, playing fantastic football, with a team who were all born within 30 miles of SJP: truly the stuff of fantasies.

They won 7 trophies that year, but lets be honest people were putting tabs oot on the half way lines in them days, it wasn't about athleticism.

Which toon player was a present League champion when he signed for Newcastle in 1985?

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Which idiot said this. Great player, not such a doting father though by the sounds of things; "My son is six or seven years old and I'd love to take him to Wembley to watch Liverpool."

Which toon player was a present League champion when he signed for Newcastle in 1985?

John Bailey?

aye

Without googling or NUFC.comming

In his first spell as manager at SJP, Kevin Keegan signed 13 players for a fee of over £1m. Name them. Bonus points if you get the fees right. (Note Keith Gillespie as part of the Andy Cole deal is not included)

Time period is 1993-1996

AND

In his first spell KK only sold four players for £1m or more. Name them.