The football trivia thread

Mac-Toon

Last, last clue. Played for Sunderland in 73 and Blyth in 78.

Well this is the first one I don't know the answer to not gonna pretend I do.

Ron Guthrie.

Good question tbf. Just ran it through Google now and not a sniff.

Tbh, I've heard it as a quiz question but I do know for a fact he played in every round because I've asked him. I'm not convinced 100% he's the only one to have done it though. Although it would be virtually impossible for a player to do it nowadays because I think larger non-league sides haven't played all the qualifying rounds for years now.

Next time you see him, tell him that Stevie has never heard of him. :D

Nah like I say, wasn't doubting it. I just mean it's a good question as it doesn't come up automatically on a google search as far as I can see. Because Google can pretty much remove the whole point to these types of quizzes when people arent playing fairly.

Anyone that uses google is a cunt.

:jesuswept:

I never use it for stuff like this though as what would be the point? Only for checking summat afterwards/checking if it's already out there when setting a question.

What would sort the boys out from the men is a 30 second timer on the questions. There's questions answered by some in this thread and I've thought aye ye didnt even naa who John Anderson was let alone, that Raducioiu played in Spain.

Name and Shame!!!

:o

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron Guthrie.

I could say DAMN OF COURSE GUTHRIE!!!! But I won't, because I've never even heard of him.

Only club in world football to average over 50,000 in a season in the top 2 tiers of their football in a season?

I was at his 60th in Burradon Club, I'll have you know.

I know his daughter Louise, I'll have you know.

The letters one- Yeovil?

Edit: O in Yeovil. Basser!

Fuck off, why is everyone ignoring that I got this one?

:D

Sorry mate. What was it?

Exeter City

That's got a T in it though but like :jesuswept:

2 T's if we're getting technical.

Ron Guthrie.

I could say DAMN OF COURSE GUTHRIE!!!! But I won't, because I've never even heard of him.

Only club in world football to average over 50,000 in a season in the top 2 tiers of their football in a season?

I was at his 60th in Burradon Club, I'll have you know.

I know his daughter Louise, I'll have you know.

The letters one- Yeovil?

Edit: O in Yeovil. Basser!

She lives in Forest Hall. The posh end :jesuswept:

I know. We are good mates.

She's a nice lass. Mancy is taking the piss out of me btw as I answered 'Exeter City'. I was being serious as well.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Easier one: Last team to win the FA Cup from outside the top flight?

Wist Aym.

Last two teams from outside the top two divisions to get to the last four.

Wist Aym.

Luton and Chesterfield?

Wist Aym.

Luton and Chesterfield?

Wycombe and Chesterfield. You know what though I forgot about Chesterfield, they were fuckin well robbed against Boro, you'd be bitter forever wouldn't you with a shot 3 yards over the line that would've taken your tiny club in to Europe and the Cup Final.

I was thinking of Plymouth in the 80's. I read something about George Reilly (who scored the first toon goal I'd ever seen with my own eyes) scoring against Plymouth in the Semi to take Watford in the final, and 20 years later some Plymouth fan bit his nose off as he'd never forgiven him,

Wist Aym.

Luton and Chesterfield?

Wycombe and Chesterfield. You know what though I forgot about Chesterfield, they were fuckin well robbed against Boro, you'd be bitter forever wouldn't you with a shot 3 yards over the line that would've taken your tiny club in to Europe and the Cup Final.

I was thinking of Plymouth in the 80's. I read something about George Reilly (who scored the first toon goal I'd ever seen with my own eyes) scoring against Plymouth in the Semi to take Watford in the final, and 20 years later some Plymouth fan bit his nose off as he'd never forgiven him,

Toonraider?

Wist Aym.

Luton and Chesterfield?

Aye, the ball was well over the line. That was the season Boro lost two cup finals and went down I think.

A player who has managed and played in the premier league and played for and against England?

Little clue?

He was only a caretaker manager at the club.

Was someone like Terry Butcher, and they turned out for a Hong Kong eleven against England just before Euro 96. It's someone like that or Terry Fenwick.

A player who has managed and played in the premier league and played for and against England?

Little clue?

Was someone like Terry Butcher, and they turned out for a Hong Kong eleven against England just before Euro 96. It's someone like that or Terry Fenwick.

Midjy's eyelash away, mate. Think Bluenose. T'was against a Singapore eleven and you're right before Euro 96.

Little clue?

Midjy's eyelash away, mate. Think Bluenose. T'was against a Singapore eleven and you're right before Euro 96.

Graham Roberts? Peter Reid? Ray Wilkins?

Rush

Wrexham and Leeds relate to famous opponents.

It's not Alan Cork.

Left-back.

Craig got this after one or two clues as well btw. Not having a dig at anyone on here, just saying what a dweeb he is :jesuswept:

Wanker :D

None of the above mentioned.

Played for Everton and took over the reigns in a caretaker capacity after Joe Royle left.

Joe Royle left in 97. Gary Stevens?