Boro

Ketsbaia

Anyone else heard the rumours today that the club is very close to administration? Apparently suppliers are being told to get their invoices in ASAP in preparation.

I was told Gibson was struggling financially at the start of the season and I know Slaven has been bleating about getting new investment in on the Legends.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Anyone else heard the rumours today that the club is very close to administration? Apparently suppliers are being told to get their invoices in ASAP in preparation.

I was told Gibson was struggling financially at the start of the season and I know Slaven has been bleating about getting new investment in on the Legends.

You should take the positives out of peoples misfortune, but if that happened it couldn't happen to a nicer club. 10 points deduction with relegation already a possibility, 1985 revisited perhaps? Only this time bankruptcy would mean the end of the club as it should have done in 85.

You should take the positives out of peoples misfortune, but if that happened it couldn't happen to a nicer club. 10 points deduction with relegation already a possibility, 1985 revisited perhaps? Only this time bankruptcy would mean the end of the club as it should have done in 85.

I'd struggle to find sympathy for the Boro if truth be told. Every fan I have met has been either borderline mentally ill or obsessed with both us and the Mackems to point which can only be unhealthy, which is why the trophy virgins banner did not surprise me last season.

The only Boro fan I do like is Harry Pearson :icon_lol:

I'd struggle to find sympathy for the Boro if truth be told. Every fan I have met has been either borderline mentally ill or obsessed with both us and the Mackems to point which can only be unhealthy, which is why the trophy virgins banner did not surprise me last season.

The only Boro fan I do like is Harry Pearson :icon_lol:

So true. They like mackems, are more comfortable talking about and have more to say about Newcastle than they have their own clubs. In fact in this regard they are probably worse than mackems. They'd love us to care about them.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I'd feel sorry for Steve Gibson, and that's about it.

True. He put loads of cash into the club, got them to a level they should by rights never have reached and the fans still failed to turn up.

He's a gent among shithounds, tbf. I've always like Gibson for his commitment to a club where the fanbase is about as committed as Jonas going into a 50/50.

He's a gent among shithounds, tbf. I've always like Gibson for his commitment to a club where the fanbase is about as committed as Jonas going into a 50/50.

:icon_lol:

Kid I used to go to Uni there with text me this morning saying something along those lines and that it's been coming for a while. He's a sound lad tbf so maybe I've met a good one.

I'm meeting a good one on Thursday as it happens. Marietta Higgs was a canny lass too.

Kid I used to go to Uni there with text me this morning saying something along those lines and that it's been coming for a while. He's a sound lad tbf so maybe I've met a good one.

I'm meeting a good one on Thursday as it happens. Marietta Higgs was a canny lass too.

Was that the nutter doctor who utilised the thoroughly awful 'anal test machine'? Abit of a maverick she was, tbf. :icon_lol:

Was that the nutter doctor who utilised the thoroughly awful 'anal test machine'? Abit of a maverick she was, tbf. :icon_lol:

Certainly brings new meanings to the term "Loose Cannon"

Last time they went bust they had to play at Hartlepool and were getting gates of 1,500. They are a pathetic club without doubt. I think most of the people are tools but you know it's not their fault it's their area man. It's so shit. As soon as you get past Castle Eden doon that A19, you get to the top of the hill, and it hits you 10 miles across of chimneys cooling towers absolute bleak desolation and you're still 15 miles away. I wouldn't care if you look at the Cleveland Hills in the distance it could be a beautiful place, but they're victims of their environment, you just need to see how many junkies there are and prozzies two problems the toon has never really had.

The single most depressing place I have ever visited.

I used to play in a covers band and always hated going anywhere near there. At one gig we went for fish and chips and there were steel bars to protect the staff.

Anyone got a link to the forum where, after they lost the Uefa Cup final, people off here and/or N-O went and signed up as members of the cast of The Bill? Classic. One lad in particular went absolutely fucking spare iirc.

I had a few quid on Sevilla that night as well.

not so long people were saying how "near perfect" a chairman/owner Steve Gibson is/was ?

Not denying his heart was in the right place mind, and he saved them from going to the wall once before.

Anyone got a link to the forum where, after they lost the Uefa Cup final, people off here and/or N-O went and signed up as members of the cast of The Bill? Classic. One lad in particular went absolutely fucking spare iirc.

:icon_lol: I'd forgotten about that.

CS Charles Brownlow

That forums dead now, was when they were on rivals.net. Was a good night that like, hard to believe their 13,000 tickets went on general sale. 4-0 flattered Sevilla even though they were good, iirc Viduka missed an absolute sitter at 1-0 with about 10 minutes to go.

That forums dead now, was when they were on rivals.net. Was a good night that like, hard to believe their 13,000 tickets went on general sale. 4-0 flattered Sevilla even though they were good, iirc Viduka missed an absolute sitter at 1-0 with about 10 minutes to go.

Can't remember who it was but aye, I'm sure they missed a good chance at 1-0. And 4-0 wasn't a fair reflection. Just made it even better tbh.

They were lucky to get there anyway though I thought.