For those truly fed up

Kid Dynamite

The only way that a boycott could ever work is if it was properly organised and well publicised. Contrary to belief, Ashley shat himself last time a boycott was threatened, when Keegan went. He started offering free tickets to local schools and the club made a few statements in the press, trying to persuade people to turn up. And it worked. We had the biggest gate of the season and we missed our chance.

NUST does not have the balls or the organisation to stage a boycott or walk out, unfortunately.

Those with season tickets will say that they have paid their money, not realising that its the statement that an empty ground would make thats important, especially for a high profile game.

Others will say that to stay away would affect the players. I would hazard a guess that the players have been plenty affected by this already and we are going to be looking at getting a proper hammering from Liverpool at the weekend. Whether anyone turns up or not is unlikely to affect the outcome.

At the end of the day, the supporters of the club will, for the most part, shrug their shoulders, turn up to the match, buy their programmes, eat their pies, drink their pints, buy a shirt in the shop and then sing a few choruses of "get out of our club", then boo the team as they trudge back to the dressing room after getting absolutely stuffed.

There is no point in arguing with anyone about it. If a proper protest was organised, then we might have some hope of making a difference. Until then, those of us that will stay away will carry on, and those that won't will go to the match, and Ashley will carry on taking a great big shit on the region.

Edited by Exile

I've been considering jacking in the ST this season anyway more due to travel cost than the price of tickets. I honestly can't see how anything will ever change as long as his business is successful- for Ashley that means punters in the gates and Sky cameras turning up for games. The whole concept of those 11 fellers on the pitch and what is require to build a team seem to be secondary considerations.

The sad thing about this talk of a mass walkout/ boycott , whatever it may be, is that we now have a supporters organisation who should be the focal point for our protests.

The silence from them is fucking deafening.

Never has a truer word been typed. :drinks:

I have to say CT, you come out with some utter bilge at times.

The sad thing about this talk of a mass walkout/ boycott , whatever it may be, is that we now have a supporters organisation who should be the focal point for our protests.

The silence from them is fucking deafening.

No you dont, you could just be nice. :drinks:

evil-monkey.jpg

It needs to be publicised at the Liverpool game via leaflets and banners to say game v Man City nobody to go, instead congregate outside the ground and let everyone know how we feel.

Exactly, and I agree witht the princile people have said. I've already got tickets for Man City n Liverpool...

But why dosent anyone on here try and organise something? Anyone make a facebook page? Make banners saying "Boycott Ashley FOR REAL" or something, we might aswell do things aswell as talking about them.

Back in the early days when NUSC was just a wee bairn with principles and not riddled with.... I digress.

we talked about organising a one game boycott and getting people to go to non-league instead. As history shows, it didnt happen but I think it would actually be a very very good way to boycott.

No bedsheets outside, no marches or protests simply thousands turning up at Spartans, Whitley Bay, Blue Star and the likes of Shankhouse (managed by me good mate Gary "Korky" Kirkup) or Gosforth Bohemians.

If organised properly it would show us fans in a good light and get serious amounts of coverage.

Won't happen, but otherwise really good call, Peasepud.

And in a world of principal, maybe it would.