The Twitter Thread

peasepud

Willie Mckay and talksport

you'll believe owt anyone says wont you?

You are a tit :razz: why not just ask any of the lads who were there.

im not debating whether or not he took any kicks or corners, youre mentioning it as "the bottom line" as thought its been the major contributing factor to whats happened today

if not that what was your point?

So the bottom line from Willie McKay is that Joey was pissed off yesterday because they chose someone else (assume Cabaye) to be the main corner / free kick taker.

FFS

Is the bigger point he made not that Barton wasnt offered a contract and he wanted to stay?....if we're taking WM at his word? He also said he was willing to take a paycut. And wasnt that all public knowlegde around xmas last year?....did the tweets start after he knew he was being forced out by any chance?....

I've no doubt Barton was angling for a move in this window and I said so yesterday. But the club wanted rid of him, simple as that.

You could say that Barton owed the fans something due to his incarceration etc but its difficult to stay somewhere when you employers have made it plain you're not required.

Enrique next.

Fucks sakes

:razz:

Willie Mckay and talksport

you'll believe owt anyone says wont you?

You are a tit :razz: why not just ask any of the lads who were there.

im not debating whether or not he took any kicks or corners, youre mentioning it as "the bottom line" as thought its been the major contributing factor to whats happened today

if not that what was your point?

So 3pm yesterday JB gets told he's not allowed to take the free kicks or corners anymore.

Several hours later he's on twitter slagging off the club.

His agent today highlights how we wasnt allowed to take free kicks and corners yesterday......

And you think thats not related?

I think the idea that not being allowed to take set pieces for one preseason friendly leading to a player being effectively released for no money is ludicrous

and its certainly not "the bottom line" PaddockLads described a lot more monumental happenings on his last post than this.

So the bottom line from Willie McKay is that Joey was pissed off yesterday because they chose someone else (assume Cabaye) to be the main corner / free kick taker.

FFS

Is the bigger point he made not that Barton wasnt offered a contract and he wanted to stay?....

Barton was offered a contract at Christmas and turned it down.

sooo about an hour or so before CT started spouting like a total fucking spacker then

beyond the pale.

I havent spouted nowt you thick tit, Ive simply pointed out what Joey Bartons agent has just said on the radio.

Edited by Christmas Tree

sooo about an hour or so before CT started spouting like a total fucking spacker then

beyond the pale.

I havent spouted nowt you thick tit, Ive simply pointed out what Joey Bartons agent has just said on the radio.

Did you enjoy the camping pal?

beyond the pale.

Excellent thank you..... left you a little recommendation in appropriate thread and off to visit the Beamish one this week (for a looksy) :razz:

beyond the pale.

Excellent thank you..... left you a little recommendation in appropriate thread and off to visit the Beamish one this week (for a looksy) :razz:

Champion. You should go early...and stay long. :lol:

beyond the pale.

Excellent thank you..... left you a little recommendation in appropriate thread and off to visit the Beamish one this week (for a looksy) :lol:

Champion. You should go early...and stay long. :lol:

:icon_lol: You're not that lucky. :razz:

:razz:

i know i am an OOT and all but this hurts deep down... you do not see this constant activity from other owners in the leagues around the world... i honestly believed after the tribunal proved the degree of their dishonesty they would change their practices... they are still doing it and i look like a mug for telling myself there would be light at the end of the tunnel... when in fact what is going on is the end of the tunnel has been sealed shut... now all ashley and the other twats he employs as his right hand men are doing is sealing the only exit out... i do not want out and i know many of you do not either... we are trapped because we are passionate about the team, history, area, etc...

:lol:

FFS

Is the bigger point he made not that Barton wasnt offered a contract and he wanted to stay?....

True-ish. Talks had stalled. Then there were to be no more talks. The contract that was offered in December/January was withdrawn in May and he was going to be allowed to leave at the end of his present contract. No compromise solution offered. No "final offer"talks , just nothing. So when he started abusing the club via twitter he was angling for a convenient move this season rather than next. But the withdrawl of the contract offer sent him a message dont you think? Of course Barton being Barton he couldnt keep his mouth shut, more by his own and McKay's devious design if you ask me. I'm certainly not a huge Barton fan, for varoious reasons. But he's the sort of player we needed to keep just to keep treading water.

I was thinking that he wouldnt start the season in the first team v Arsenal anyway..I think 2 goals in pre season wouldve seen Vuckic starting in place of him. But that wouldve been just another slap in the face for him, another nail in his coffin, another message saying "NOT WANTED". Before he started (fuckin stupidly if he truly wanted to stay) slating the club via twitter he'd got that message loud and clear. So if you ask me he and his agent engineered this but only after being forced into by a club who are showing, yet again, they know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

FFS

According to the club. Just as Nolan was and then it was just dropped.

FFS

Offered new contracts to keep them sweet until the end of the season, then get shot of them by the looks of things.

FFS

Just as Enrique was offered an "incredible contract" that turned out to be a crock.

FFS

True-ish. Talks had stalled. Then there were to be no more talks. The contract that was offered in December/January was withdrawn in May and he was going to be allowed to leave at the end of his present contract. No compromise solution offered. No "final offer"talks , just nothing. So when he started abusing the club via twitter he was angling for a convenient move this season rather than next. But the withdrawl of the contract offer sent him a message dont you think? Of course Barton being Barton he couldnt keep his mouth shut, more by his own and McKay's devious design if you ask me. I'm certainly not a huge Barton fan, for varoious reasons. But he's the sort of player we needed to keep just to keep treading water.

I was thinking that he wouldnt start the season in the first team v Arsenal anyway..I think 2 goals in pre season wouldve seen Vuckic starting in place of him. But that wouldve been just another slap in the face for him, another nail in his coffin, another message saying "NOT WANTED". Before he started (fuckin stupidly if he truly wanted to stay) slating the club via twitter he'd got that message loud and clear. So if you ask me he and his agent engineered this but only after being forced into by a club who are showing, yet again, they know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

I know these things get lost in the haze of anger.....but the chain of events were as follows iirc.

3 year contract offered --- declined by Barton

Barton then slags board off on twitter and at talk ins around march / april.

NUFC in May then decide no contract will be offered

Barton takes to twitter again

Relatively quiet summer when we all hoped he had his head down and would again perform next season and possible then get a contract.

Leeds: Told not taking free kicks and corners leeds to words with Pardew, rant at other players followed by rant on twitter.

Club tell him he can leave.

Fantastic season last year and they probably should have given him the 4 year deal he was demanding back in January. But understandable at the time given his first few years here that they might have thought 3 years a reasonable offer.

Best player imo last year and a real shame its come to this but no employer is going to let an employee slag them off for the next year.

Sad times at NUFC.