Thank You Chris Hughton

Monkeys Fist

Possibly getting carried away but I actually thought he could've been a great manager for us given time and some backing. He just had something about him which clicked with the fans and the club.

I felt the same fwiw.

All the best, Chris. nufc.gif (probably the last time I'll get to use that for a while)

Did a fantastic job, and comes across as a really great person and we'll all be left wondering what could, and should have been had he been given a lot more time and even a small amount of cash - hopefully this'll always be remembered as the massive injustice that it is.

I hope wherever he ends up, he does a very good job that I honestly thought with time and money, he could have done here. Chris Hughton and NUFC were a match that could have given us some of the happiest and successful years of supporting the toon because he was well on his way.

Cheers for getting us through the Championship and turning over everyone in our path.

Cheers for 5-1, 6-0, 4-3, the 1-0 away to Arsenal, the home game against Forest, cheers for laying the foundations that we will, unfortunately, never see built upon.

Cheers for making NUFC a club that I could be proud of again. It was far too short.

A Gentleman, someone who quietly gave us back a team we could be proud of when the odds were stacked agaisnt him. Treated like shit by a couple of horrbile, smug, cunts of men, yet still kept his dignity and rose above it. The statements from players, managers, and fans of other teams says it all. Good luck Chris, thank you for rescuing my club when I and many others predicted we would sink even further. There are at least 50,000 pints with your name on, gratis, anytime you return to this city.

A Gentleman, someone who quietly gave us back a team we could be proud of when the odds were stacked agaisnt him. Treated like shit by a couple of horrbile, smug, cunts of men, yet still kept his dignity and rose above it. The statements from players, managers, and fans of other teams says it all. Good luck Chris, thank you for rescuing my club when I and many others predicted we would sink even further. There are at least 50,000 pints with your name on, gratis, anytime you return to this city.

Make that 50,001 when i turn 18, Chris!

I have emailed the LMA expressing my gratitude to Chris.

Bang the email address up mate.

Aye seconded.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/about/keycontacts-4.html

:D

I kna it's not strictly relevant to what they do like but as that's where he's gone with his brief it seems fitting that they know the regard he was held in when they (hopefully) champion his case.

I got a reply off Richard Bevan to a mail i sent earlier today, saying he would pass it on to Chris. I did it from my work email and made it quite formal sounding and copied in his admin. Basically saying thanks for stuff on and off the pitch, should be considered that a high performing manager has been sacked without justification, wanted him to be clear that the majority of fans were behind him and asking him to pass on our gratitude if he has any dealings with him (was before i heard Hughton had asked them to get involved).

He thanked me and said he would pass it on to him.