Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"We might only have one fan in the ground in three years, but you should see the passion he has for this club, more than makes up for the 47,999 empty seats. We may finish 17th every year but thats success, we have the healthiest balance sheet in the league. That alone should give us a trophy"

7/10 for Pards yesterday. Would get higher but I somehow think if he was a tad more confident he would have started with Obertan or Gosling instead of Shola.

Nice to have a manager thats not afraid to make substitutions early and good reaction to the sending off by getting another striker (loosely) on.

As said elsewhere I really liked his after match comments.

Nice one Al.

Tactically we were naive and cautious.

Playing two slow as shit strikers and then lumping it to them as they stand shoulder to shoulder meant we lost the ball every time as both centre midfielders were to deep.

Also the 2nd and 3rd substitutions were too late and cautious, Obertan was used to add some pace, so what do we do take off our playmaking CM, move the pace to the wing and then bring on the puff, removing the pace advantage from our forward line.

If we don't get a pacy striker in we will not score many goals this season.

Alan Pardew predicts a treble boost for NUFC

ALAN PARDEW handed the Toon Army a triple boost after seeing his side snuff out Arsenal in the opening game of the season – predicting Joey Barton will stay at Newcastle and TWO new players will be on board before the derby.

After agreeing a peace treaty with the Toon boss late on Friday night, Barton was the centre of attention again as Newcastle earned a creditable point against Arsenal.

He played well and was in the thick of things as Arsenal’s Ivorian striker Gervinho was sent off for aiming a punch at him.

Newcastle’s fans made it clear throughout the game that they’re desperate for him to stay and Pardew reckons that is now likely after profitable peace talks.

“I think he’ll be here after the transfer window. You can never say 100 per cent in football but I think so,” the United boss said.”

“I think me and Joey know what we’re doing.

“He hasn’t got a contract for next season and that’s hanging over him, but the most important assurance, for me, is that he pulls for the team on a Saturday.

“He gave me assurances on Friday that he was fully committed and he showed that on the pitch.”

Pardew is also upbeat on new arrivals with Newcastle holding constructive talks with full-back Erik Pieters yesterday.

They have offered him a four-year contract and are hopeful of pushing it over the line by Tuesday.

Pardew said: “We’re confident we’ll have some new players here by next weekend.

“I don’t want to talk about specific players, but I’m confident that by the time we play Sunderland I’ll have a left-back in place – and hopefully a striker.”

And referring to the incident which saw Gervino sent off, Barton last wrote on Twitter: “If I stayed up or went down it’s not relevant, he raises his hands, so it’s off. I was merely highlighting he struck me. Song stamped should have been seen.”

Seeing a clutch of youngsters on the first-team bus riled Enrique in January at Fulham and it has snowballed ever since for the ex-La Liga player.

Can't be arsed looking for it, Barton threw a wobbled before that game too and we were utterly shite.

Jury is still well and truly out for me. This, 'new style of play we'll enjoy' he talks about is all well and good but without the players to do it, he's talking shite. He looks more and more pissed off with each interview and think he's finally starting to understand that he's a pawn in Ashleys game.

Still a cunt too for being in whilst Hughton was still manager of our club. He'll be lucky to see out the season, imo.

The mans a cunt. He always knew what he was coming here for and nothing has changed since day one. If he had and self respect or dignity he would walk or have never taken the job in the first place. Guess he owes too much for that though.

This from True Faith sums it up.

The truth is, Pardew is there for a reason. He’s a non-entity of a manager and I doubt any other PL club would have given him a job other than us. In normal circumstances he should not get within an English country mile of the manager’s job at Newcastle United. It is an aberration and he must know it. He has no authority at the club. He will accept any indignity visited upon him by the absent landlords who run our club because he knows he has won the pools getting the Newcastle United gig. Even if it is in name only. His position is being debated amongst Mags in a highly contemptuous manner and if he thinks anyone is falling for his wide boy blather, he is living in a world of his own.

Frankly, I’m bored witless with his bullshit about what we are going to do and what we aren’t going to do. Just fucking do it. As a well known sports brand probably doesn’t say.

Thread finished, CT. ;)