Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Meetings will take place at key dates throughout the year where the manager will plead his case and the money men will say how much is available. Scouts then briefed about the style of player the manager wants and so the process begins and the scouts watch and report back over quite a long period of time.

I would say thats totally and utterly wrong.

The role of scouts is to find young, untapped talent, highlight those players that the manager would not have had a chance to see himself. I wouldnt say its to fill specific gaps in the squad or to replace players leaving.

Do you think that we sold Cole and a scout was told "we need a striker to replace Andy Cole" "got you the ideal one here boss, bloke called Shearer, plays for Blackburn" "oh aye? is he any good?"

Managers know the players they want, Dalglish didnt rely on a scout to find Carroll nor has Enrique been recommended to Wenger at some finance meeting by a scout.

Scouts should be there to do exactly what Carr has been tasked with, find young foreign or lower league talent that will be cheap. The difference is he appears to be doing that for all the squad places rather than Pardew building his team and topping up the squad with scout found purchases. I could be wrong with that assesment but its how it appears from the outside.

The big difference to you assessment is that we are shopping abroad and not in the UK. Very easy when your a top club with big bucks to cherry pick the premiership talent as you imply with Enrique and Shearer. But not so when its finding the Tiotes of this world.

No modern day manager has the time or the resources to have the whole market place covered.

Hold on, all youve just done is back up what I said? I would have thought I made that clear in the "...find young foreign or lower league talent..." statement.

Your original post makes out that the purchase of players follows a pattern of

Manager decides he needs 1st team positions x, y and z filling as well as the squad increasing

Club states how much can be spent

Scout finds all required players

My post states that isnt what happens, manager needs to fill x,y and z and has players in mind to fill them, players that he wants to build a team around or that he believes will add to what hes already got planned, scouts will recommend players for the squad or will highlight players they think fit into managers style purely to make him aware and allow him to then research them, watch them etc and make their own decision.

Carr would appear to be an excellent scout however the role he could well have here is of "chief buyer" hunting out exciting new "product lines" to be put in the shop window and sold at a profit later.

Hopefully Im wrong on that.

Saying 'it works this way, it works that way' is just pure bullshit speculation on everyone's part. Its dynamic, evolving and usually based on developing trust and influence. Just like in every other commerical organisation in the world. Its called politics.

An excellent post. Why you waste yourself on here when Im sure you could be running Europe or something ;)

You do realise he means your post as well dont you?

I do :(

Meetings will take place at key dates throughout the year where the manager will plead his case and the money men will say how much is available. Scouts then briefed about the style of player the manager wants and so the process begins and the scouts watch and report back over quite a long period of time.

I would say thats totally and utterly wrong.

The role of scouts is to find young, untapped talent, highlight those players that the manager would not have had a chance to see himself. I wouldnt say its to fill specific gaps in the squad or to replace players leaving.

Do you think that we sold Cole and a scout was told "we need a striker to replace Andy Cole" "got you the ideal one here boss, bloke called Shearer, plays for Blackburn" "oh aye? is he any good?"

Managers know the players they want, Dalglish didnt rely on a scout to find Carroll nor has Enrique been recommended to Wenger at some finance meeting by a scout.

Scouts should be there to do exactly what Carr has been tasked with, find young foreign or lower league talent that will be cheap. The difference is he appears to be doing that for all the squad places rather than Pardew building his team and topping up the squad with scout found purchases. I could be wrong with that assesment but its how it appears from the outside.

The big difference to you assessment is that we are shopping abroad and not in the UK. Very easy when your a top club with big bucks to cherry pick the premiership talent as you imply with Enrique and Shearer. But not so when its finding the Tiotes of this world.

No modern day manager has the time or the resources to have the whole market place covered.

Hold on, all youve just done is back up what I said? I would have thought I made that clear in the "...find young foreign or lower league talent..." statement.

Your original post makes out that the purchase of players follows a pattern of

Manager decides he needs 1st team positions x, y and z filling as well as the squad increasing

Club states how much can be spent

Scout finds all required players

My post states that isnt what happens, manager needs to fill x,y and z and has players in mind to fill them, players that he wants to build a team around or that he believes will add to what hes already got planned, scouts will recommend players for the squad or will highlight players they think fit into managers style purely to make him aware and allow him to then research them, watch them etc and make their own decision.

Carr would appear to be an excellent scout however the role he could well have here is of "chief buyer" hunting out exciting new "product lines" to be put in the shop window and sold at a profit later.

Hopefully Im wrong on that.

You may of course be correct, but my view is that for most teams like ourselves looking for "cheap" talent, it is unlikely that a manager knows what is out there in that market place.

Sure, this may be the case for the Top four or where money isnt a problem, but outside the top six I would guess its fairly rare.

I wrote a few weeks back how I thought Ashley would be viewing this process as a "buyer" role in a retail company. The buyer makes or breaks a company and I am sure Mr Carr will be having lots of input and will definitely have Ashleys ear.

If Ashley is really switched on, which Im sure he now is, he will be looking for a whole team of Graham Carrs. This is what successful retailers do and it will only benefit us.

Pardew says 'new heroes' will rise for NUFC

ALAN PARDEW can sense a "feel-good factor" beginning to build up at Newcastle United's training ground - and the Magpies chief firmly believes that "new heroes" will emerge in the months ahead.

The Toon boss is determined to look only towards the future, and insists that United are endeavouring to bring in MORE exciting signings to add to their current line-up.

United sold last season’s top scorer and captain Kevin Nolan to West Ham United last month, but Pardew is optimistic about how things are shaping up.

Pardew was keeping his cards close to his chest once again, but the Chronicle understands that the Magpies are still chasing both Melvut Erding and Charles N’Zogbia, despite Aston Villa stepping up their own attempts to take the Frenchman to Villa Park.

United are also still in for Swansea City’s Neil Taylor, but may have to rethink their plans if unsettled left-back Jose Enrique, due back on Tyneside this week, opts to quit the club.

Pardew sees no point in dwelling on teams of the past, and told the Chronicle today: “It can be easy to look at who isn’t at the club, but it is always exciting to see new players and what they can produce.

“The players we have will be looking to produce entertaining football, that’s for certain. There’s always the chance for new heroes.”

United have announced a friendly with Serie A side Fiorentina on August 6.

And while Pardew and United will work tirelessly until the window shuts for business in 56 days’ time, he admitted that Toon fans taking in the game with the Italians could get a glimpse not only of Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba and Sylvain Marveaux – but also additional new faces.

The former West Ham United manager said: “By that time there could well be new faces to go with the new players we already have.

“We’ll have to see. This will be a chance for our fans not only to see a game at St James’ Park against top-quality opponents, it will be the first chance to see some new faces.”

Pardew admitted that there could be a scramble for Enrique following Gael Clichy’s £7m move to Manchester City yesterday.

But Pardew says he is eager to change Enrique’s mind. “No one is more keen for him to stay than myself,” he said.

“He was a terrific player for us last year and terrific for the club. We’re trying to persuade him to stay, but as he’s got a year to run on his contract and has a desire to play Champions League football, at his age it means it’ll be difficult to keep him.

“It’s one of those where we have to keep watching and hope it falls our way.

“It would be foolish not to have a back-up plan, which we have, and that will kick into operation if Jose does leave.”

“It would be foolish not to have a back-up plan, which we have, and that will kick into operation if Jose does leave.”

pardew either saying he's a fool or kuqi was the our last attempt at a back up plan. shuddering to think who might be stepping in when jose goes on the last day of the window - nigel winterburn perhaps?

I reckon we will get Erdinc (8mil) and possibly N'Zogbia (9mil) this or next week and M'Bengue (6mil) or Warnock/Bridge if Enrique goes. SO That would be another 23 mil spent with around 8mil brought in for Enrique and possibly another 5-7mil for other fringe players leaving.

This from Deano on page 1. This should be the final nail in the coffin of this kid's credibility on this board. Utterly fucking idiotic particularly having listened to the interview.

Its an internet forum :( and last I heard football was all about opinions. ;)

Picking on Kids credibility ffs :D

Ok then, I think we'll sign Cristiano Ronaldo. That's an opinion, but it's as ridiculous as your choice in hats, and it has no place on a Newcastle United forum. Much like you.

I reckon we will get Erdinc (8mil) and possibly N'Zogbia (9mil) this or next week and M'Bengue (6mil) or Warnock/Bridge if Enrique goes. SO That would be another 23 mil spent with around 8mil brought in for Enrique and possibly another 5-7mil for other fringe players leaving.

This from Deano on page 1. This should be the final nail in the coffin of this kid's credibility on this board. Utterly fucking idiotic particularly having listened to the interview.

Its an internet forum ;) and last I heard football was all about opinions. :D

Picking on Kids credibility ffs :icon_lol:

Ok then, I think we'll sign Cristiano Ronaldo. That's an opinion, but it's as ridiculous as your choice in hats, and it has no place on a Newcastle United forum. Much like you.

God it must have been dull back in the day when the clique just agreed with each other all day long. No wonder so many of you are big into cooking instead. :(

You are the posting equivalent of beige.

You should just post the daily forum line on a morning Thomas and then we can all agree and get on with our day. :(

Seriously man, can't you just go on N-O or a special taxi drivers website where taxi drivers just club together to bore each other half to death.

I can't remember a thread with decent crack that you've been involved in.

Tiote & Ben Arfa for a start. Marveaux & Cabaye we'll wait and see...

I think you are wrong. Tiote was recommended to us by McClaren, not scouted and discovered by Carr. I don't know about Carr's involvement in the " discovery" of Ben Arfa, unless "discovery" is the same as reading reports about other premier league clubs watching him.

Considering Marveaux was going to sign for Liverpool, I'd have to question Carr's "discovery" of him. So that leaves Cabaye as a player "identified " by the scouting system and as you say, we'lll wait and see.

I'd have thought his main role would be in identifying young players which is obviously in the longer term, so the degree of success would be judged in the next few years or so. Like abeid.

Such a cliché that the longer-serving posters just wander around agreeing with each other.

Stevie, Leazes, J69, Chez, Happy, Parky... the list goes on. We don't all agree with eachother at all, so ... yet again, you're talking shit CT

Guest alex

I think you are wrong. Tiote was recommended to us by McClaren, not scouted and discovered by Carr. I don't know about Carr's involvement in the " discovery" of Ben Arfa, unless "discovery" is the same as reading reports about other premier league clubs watching him.

Considering Marveaux was going to sign for Liverpool, I'd have to question Carr's "discovery" of him. So that leaves Cabaye as a player "identified " by the scouting system and as you say, we'lll wait and see.

I'd have thought his main role would be in identifying young players which is obviously in the longer term, so the degree of success would be judged in the next few years or so. Like abeid.

I don't see McLaren personally recommending Tiote to NUFC and no one else like. Also, I don't really think it matters in fairness. It's all about getting players in and if (hypothetically) Ben Arfa comes good to anywhere near the degree Tiote has and the same can be said of the players signed recently from France then it's a job well done and the scouting network must surely take the credit. That's not me saying all is rosy in the garden or that I'm a happy bunny but how the fuck people can not credit bringing in the like of Tiote as a positive in terms of the club being able to pick a good player is beyond me.

Scouting isn't always watching a Ukrainian village team play in front of 50 people to find the next big thing. Hughton asked McLaren about Tiote but Carr had been watching him for a while and this was after he signed. He's watched Cabaye and Marv on plenty of occasions, he then passed the targets onto Pardew - so Pardew went to see them play.

Its an internet forum ;) and last I heard football was all about opinions. :D

Picking on Kids credibility ffs :icon_lol:

God it must have been dull back in the day when the clique just agreed with each other all day long. No wonder so many of you are big into cooking instead. :(

Hardly any cliques on here. I always assumed Alex, Peter, Stevie, Chez, Manc-Mag, HF, Fish etc agreed with eachother but that's clearly bollocks when you look at any given thread.

I think the problem you come up against is just that nobody ever agrees with you, as you're a cock 99.9% of the time. No offence, you just are. I doubt you'd be half as vocal face to face with anybody but have built yourself up an internet persona which is spiralling out of control.

You are the posting equivalent of beige.

You should just post the daily forum line on a morning Thomas and then we can all agree and get on with our day. ;)

Seriously man, can't you just go on N-O or a special taxi drivers website where taxi drivers just club together to bore each other half to death.

I can't remember a thread with decent crack that you've been involved in.

Savaging :(

Such a cliché that the longer-serving posters just wander around agreeing with each other.

Stevie, Leazes, J69, Chez, Happy, Parky... the list goes on. We don't all agree with eachother at all, so ... yet again, you're talking shit CT

Who mentioned long serving posters agreeing :(

There was an article on Tiote where Schteve said Hughton asked about him and he gave a good report. Carr had been aware of Tiote for over 5 years.

Tiote didn't really play for McClaren though-he played 4-3-3 and Tiote couldn't really break into the side :0

Who mentioned long serving posters agreeing ;)

You did.

Its an internet forum :icon_lol: and last I heard football was all about opinions. :rolleyes:

Picking on Kids credibility ffs <_<

Hardly any cliques on here. I always assumed Alex, Peter, Stevie, Chez, Manc-Mag, HF, Fish etc agreed with eachother but that's clearly bollocks when you look at any given thread.

I think the problem you come up against is just that nobody ever agrees with you, as you're a cock 99.9% of the time. No offence, you just are. I doubt you'd be half as vocal face to face with anybody but have built yourself up an internet persona which is spiralling out of control.

Oh dear, :D

Im exactly the same in person because unlike you, I can manage to chat on without calling people cocks. :aye: But you enjoy your internet warrior role. ;)

I love the fact people chuck Stevie in as if to make something acceptable. Stevie used to be one of the most argumentative on here until he was "got at".

As has been evident in other threads recently, there are plenty who agree with me and in particular agree that this place is on the skids because of "cocks" who prefer to snipe at peoples opinions rather than have a discussion.

The sooner those types clear off and stick to their love-ins on twitter, the better imo. :)

Savaging :(

Just tell us the truth. Some posters on here think about football all the time and they are very passionate and knowledgeable about the game, they are experienced and have a multitude of anecdotes and decent crack, they know the good times and the bad and what the club should be striving for. Football is pretty much their life.

Now excuse me if I hit the nail on it's badly heed but football is nothing but your mid life crisis.

I'll probably take up golf and be equally lambasted.

Who mentioned long serving posters agreeing :D

You did.

I said the clique man. :icon_lol: I dont think any of them would consider themselves in the clique. The clique know who they are. ;)

Guest alex

Don't bite ffs. He likes to portray people on here as bitches / bullies to hide the fact his views on football aren't anything beyond nebulous at best. If he had a season ticket years ago, like he claims, I'll eat Gejon's balls.

Edited by alex