Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Luis Figo, Rivaldo, Kluivert etc at Barcelona. Morientes etc at RM. In the first season he wins La Liga at Barcelona, they are miles ahead of RM and i think Van Gaal didnt lost against them in 2 seasons there. Figo goes to RM from Barcelona in 2000 at start of the galacticos period. The 3rd season when he left (2000), he lost the title to Deportivo.

He left due to clashes with Rivaldo and criticism of his playing style. Yet he is lauded as a great. I reckon i could have done a job with them in that league with those players. He had the best team and he won a non-competitive league. So what imo.

Luis Figo, Rivaldo, Kluivert etc at Barcelona. Morientes etc at RM. In the first season he wins La Liga at Barcelona, they are miles ahead of RM and i think Van Gaal didnt lost against them in 2 seasons there. Figo goes to RM from Barcelona in 2000 at start of the galacticos period. The 3rd season when he left (2000), he lost the title to Deportivo.

He left due to clashes with Rivaldo and criticism of his playing style. Yet he is lauded as a great. I reckon i could have done a job with them in that league with those players. He had the best team and he won a non-competitive league. So what imo.

A league that (other than Barcelona) contained a side that won the European Cup twice in that time (plus had another finalist in Valencia) and that Deportivo side wasn't competitive? Right you are.

Regardless of whether or not that league was competetive at that time (I'm coming down on the side of it was), I still don't see it as a massive achievement to win a title with Barca. They are always going to be in the top two or three there. Winning the title with Depor or Valencia would be a great acheivement, winning with Barca, Real, Baeyern or Ajax is just expected.

Regardless of whether or not that league was competetive at that time (I'm coming down on the side of it was), I still don't see it as a massive achievement to win a title with Barca. They are always going to be in the top two or three there. Winning the title with Depor or Valencia would be a great acheivement, winning with Barca, Real, Baeyern or Ajax is just expected.

Don't think it was a massive achievement either fwiw. Certainly don't rate the bloke as an all-time great or anything. Seems like a total cunterhead anarl

Don't think it was a massive achievement either fwiw. Certainly don't rate the bloke as an all-time great or anything. Seems like a total cunterhead anarl

I seem to remember that when I went to the first Barcelona game their fans were boycotting because they wanted him out. There was only about £25k there if I remember rightly. I thought his stock had fallen right down until that surprise performance from Holland in the world cup. Their demise suggests to me that the world cup was a fluke for them rather than they have fallen away because of his departure.

I seem to remember that when I went to the first Barcelona game their fans were boycotting because they wanted him out. There was only about £25k there if I remember rightly. I thought his stock had fallen right down until that surprise performance from Holland in the world cup. Their demise suggests to me that the world cup was a fluke for them rather than they have fallen away because of his departure.

Was that the game where Aaron Hughes made his debut? And aye, I think Holland just 'clicked' at the last World Cup but I'm not particularly convinced it had a lot to do with him. I just couldn't let the opportunity pass to point out that @@ChezGiven sometimes doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

Was that the game where Aaron Hughes made his debut? And aye, I think Holland just 'clicked' at the last World Cup but I'm not particularly convinced it had a lot to do with him. I just couldn't let the opportunity pass to point out that @@ChezGiven sometimes doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

I admit I can remember fuck all of the match (all I remember is getting funny looks from the security when they asked me to open my jacket and I was wearing a Real shirt) but aye I it looks like that was when Hughes made his debut.

No you couldn't wait to google a point i just said i couldn't remember about you sad sack :lol:. I didn't emphasise the point, just highlighting Van Gaal main achievements were at massive clubs with the best teams in the league at the time as the idea is that Pardew could have probably done quite well with Bayern in 2009. Which is a point i am only making to annoy you tbf.

Give me a second while I google him.

He was due to be called to the 2002 FIFA World Cup but was not chosen by Luiz Felipe Scolari after headbutting Deportivo coach Javier Irureta days before the announcement of the final squad, l

South Americans :lol:

Which backfired spectacularly because you didn't know what you were talking about :D

Not remembering the whether RM had won much during 2 seasons 18 years ago whilst describing a record of 19 trophies across 2 decades does not qualify as such. The broad point holds and others have agreed. Its not incessant, its desperate.

You then googling their record and achievements and insinuating you havent is a bit sad, no?

Chez, you know for a fact if we were sat in the pub I could talk you through those La Coruna and Valencia sides and the same goes for the Real Madrid finals against Juve and Valencia.

I knew the point on about La Liga being not being competitive back then wasn't the case. Anyone who knows a bit about continental football at that time would know that. I confess to googling to check the facts but you can't really call me out on that since you went from knowing nothing about Real Madrid at that time to quoting the respective players in the Barca and RM sides and mentioning the date when Figo moved between the two clubs. When I mentioned the final in which Mijatovic scored I hadn't done any googling. I've barely missed a CL final since I first started liking football as a young kid and I clearly remember that one. Juve were favourites as they had the likes of Zidane, Davids and Del Piero playing for them and it was (I think :razz: ) their 3rd final in a row. Real were the underdogs but still had some very good players like Seedorf, Raul, Roberto Carlos, Redondo and so on. Anyway, I think you know me well enough to know I could recall all that without resorting to google.

Best player in that team was Valeron I reckon. I used to love watching Deportivo whenever they were on Sky in early 2000s, mainly because of him. Don't recall Djalminha but I work with some Deportivo supporters who rave about him. Strange that I can't remember seeing him cos those clips are unbelievable!