Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I said at half time as a joke it almost looks like he's sent them out first half to stroll through it and conserve energy. It was actually the plan. Fair plan to him.

Ginola ripped the piss out of him following the post match interview, as if it was an excuse for the lethargic first hour only used in hindsight.

James had to point out that Pardew had also said he would be sending them out to do that in the pre-match interview :D

“You look at the BBS message board,” former editor of the Five Year Plan fanzine, James Daly, said.

“The chairman of the football club [stephen Browett] is on there answering questions and talking to fans, even at this time.

“He is being very open and how many other clubs have a chairman talking to fans like this? It’s amazing.

“And people have been saying ‘please, please, please Steve, don’t appoint Coleman’.

“If he is appointed, people are saying they will back him. But it will be through gritted teeth. It would be like waking up on Christmas morning, opening your presents and getting a lump of coal.”

Meanwhile, co-chairman Browett says Palace will listen to the fans, but ultimately the decision will lie with the club’s top brass.

“I read the message boards a lot, and it does say to me that the fans want somebody who has not been sacked or failed anywhere else,” Browett told the Advertiser.

“It doesn’t really make sense. You almost think that if you appoint someone who hasn’t been a manager before, therefore never failed as one, the fans would be happier.

“And I don’t think Chris Coleman has particularly failed. Maybe at Coventry City he had it tough, but I think they pulled the plug on money available to him there.

“Of course, we would look at what the fans think but it’s not going to make our minds up.”

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/EXCLUSIVE-Chris-Coleman-frame-Crystal-Palace/story-20048370-detail/story.html#ixzz2jyFR8TfE

Imagine that. Giving fans what they want.

odds on pards joining palace are sinking like a stone today. my palace supporting mate down here reckons he's their first choice and is meant to be interested....

He loves Palace. Fond memories an all that.

odds on pards joining palace are sinking like a stone today. my palace supporting mate down here reckons he's their first choice and is meant to be interested....

It means fuck all man.

Credit to him for changing things around and credit to him for sticking to his guns in the last couple of games.

The pressure from the likes of Cisse, Taylor, Ben Arfa and Coloccini will intensify but I hope he will let those in form keep their starting places.

• 3 weeks later...

We're no Barcelona but I am enjoying watching us play to a certain extent. Some nice movement as of late and fair less long balls. If we do play it in the air it's usually an accurate pass to switch sides etc.

There actually seems a bit of thought going into the "long" balls that we play now, whereas last season it was just hit it long and hope someone gets onto it.

Was watching this interview with Pardew ahead tomorrow's match, and it seems that around :55 - 1:00, he says Galterriez instead of Gutierrez when referencing Jonas. Subtle dig at Joe Kinnear? Or accidental mispronunciation? What do you lot think?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2013/dec/02/newcastle-united-alan-pardew-swansea-video?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487