Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

""Make no mistake, we were the better side throughout the 90 minutes and we should have won it," Pardew told nufc.co.uk .

"But to get a performance like that against this standard of opposition - a team who finished third in their league last season - was outstanding from us.

"We showed our commitment that we weren't just going to lie down. They are a strong team, a good technical team, but we were better than them and as the game wore on we got stronger, which bodes well for the work we have done on the training pitch this week".

Pardew says "make no mistake" far too often for a man who has made so many mistakes himself.

It sounds like he's trying to do a Fergie; "Theres no doubt about that"..... at least Fergie has something to back up his "full stop" phrase...20 odd career trophies always helps emphasise any point. Pardew sounds like a piss poor spin doctor.

passed the 'no-transfers this window' buck (and rightly-so) onto our fully active DOF this morning

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8837962/transfer-news-alan-pardew-hoping-to-keep-yohan-cabaye-at-newcastle

Nothing about that in the article you've linked that I can see.

,We were shocking, why the hell Pardew didn't give the bench lads more of a run out, I've no idea.

Why bring players on, in a friendly for 10 minutes - smacked of desperation to get a result in a fookin friendly. Bet it was hot as hell too. Talks about fitness then does stupid shit like that. (a'la Ben Arfa on that frozen shitty pitch).

Edited by scoobos

• 2 weeks later...

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew is aiming for a top ten finish this season following his side’s disappointing campaign last term

The Magpies spent much of last season involved in a relegation battle but managed to secure their Premier League status and ended the campaign in 16th place.

Pardew is now looking for a big improvement and thinks his team has the quality to end the season in the top half of the league and perhaps even push for a higher spot as they do not have a European distraction this year.

Talking exclusively to SportsDirect News, he said: “I think realistically we should look to finish in the top ten and hopefully get ourselves in a position where we can attack higher than that.

“When it gets to February we’ll have a clearer indication of where we're going to be.”

“We’ve not got the pressure of the Europa League this season so you would expect us to have a high finish in the league because we have a good team and a lot of good players.”

The 52-year-old was keen to stress, however, that the first priority for his men has to be maintaining their position in the top-flight after coming so close to relegation last season and thinks it is imperative the club does not fall down a division like they did at the end of the 2009 campaign.

“The bottom line for any Premier League club other than the top six is survival,” Pardew added. “You need to stay in the Premier League to make sure you secure the funding that pays for the squad and all the staff we carry.

“This club got relegated three years ago and was in a bit of a mess but it was Mike [Ashley]’s bravery that got them back into the top division yet there was a huge financial cost. We can’t afford to do that so the first priority is staying in this league. Make no mistake about it.

“When you’re at a club as big as Newcastle you have to be careful with expectation. When we finished fifth last year [in 2012] with the Europa League as well people were predicting us to have a similar sort of finish. I don’t think that was ever realistic to be honest.”

Kinnear and Pardew should really be getting on a like a house on fire, two delusional patter merchants together. Hard to work out which one i dislike the most, so i'll settle for hating both the cunts.

When you're at a club as big as Newcastle your first priority is not to get relegated? :lol:

'thanks to Mike Ashley's bravery'? :lol:

What a fucking nugget this bloke is, never mind 'cockney mafia', it's cockney patter that turns my stomach.

He needs to bare in mind it's not just his boss who's going to read his shit craic and saying such a big clubs priority is avoiding relegation is a bit shit. Then again, he always claims he's going to attack the cups and I'm struggling to think of a worse record in the cups from any NUFC manager in my time.

He needs to bare in mind it's not just his boss who's going to read his shit craic and saying such a big clubs priority is avoiding relegation is a bit shit. Then again, he always claims he's going to attack the cups and I'm struggling to think of a worse record in the cups from any NUFC manager in my time.

I would rather he kept his mouth shut and read a couple of books on football tactics (for beginners).