Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have to say I wouldn't be disappointed if we sacked Pardew. He carries the can for this season imo, injuries aside, and the football has been terrible. I don't think he's the one to take us forward and he'll never be better than mediocre. That said I'm still not sure who'd be a good replacement and I'd be shitting myself about it given our lot's track record with appointments.

Even if we stay up, he'll do well to keep the job. Though I can see Ashley being stubborn enough to ignore the shift in opinion towards the manager.

Assuming we stay up, I can see us keeping hold of AP like. Just to prove that we wont knee jerk despite a poor season. I reckon they'll let him spend again, ship a few out and see how we do. We've read about moving on some fringe players, just hope we keep the core squad and bring in a decent forward (minimum).

If he keeps us up and keeps is job then you'd like to think this will make him a better manager.

I think the euphoria of staying up (should we do so) would probably put me back in the stick with him camp but he'd need to hit the ground running with a proper strike force next season.

Nothing will change my mind on him.

The word brave has been thrown around a bit today about SAF and it sums up what Pardew isn't.

Scared to drop out of form players and always blames others whether its the "young players" as he did earlier in the season or sly digs at the French group.

Has to go.

The word brave has been thrown around a bit today about SAF and it sums up what Pardew isn't.

Scared to drop out of form players and always blames others whether its the "young players" as he did earlier in the season or sly digs at the French group.

Has to go.

and be replaced with.....

It's very easy to sack a manager and it's fairly easy to have a run of form after a new one has been appointed.

I don't disagree with some of your opinions of Pardew but unless we have someone better lined up I'm not going to think it's going to be a magic wand.

We need a striker or two and to sort out what the fuck is going on with Colo.

It's very easy to sack a manager and it's fairly easy to have a run of form after a new one has been appointed.

I don't disagree with some of your opinions of Pardew but unless we have someone better lined up I'm not going to think it's going to be a magic wand.

I was going to start a poll yesterday (but i thought it was one for the summer) that splits it into 2 questions...

1. If you were the billionaire owner, would you replace Pardew?

2. Given that Ashley is the owner, do you have confidence in him replacing Pardew with a better manager if he sacks pardew?

I think the vast majority would answer yes & no to those, in that order.

Has to go.

I enjoy reading your posts CT, as a lurker over the months - but seriously when you say pardew hasnt been brave enough to drop players - exactly who from the squad of perhaps 13 fit players should he drop?

Isn't the problem that he hasn't had a squad to work with for most of the season?

But that said, if you consider Marveaux, Ferguson etc to be ready - you have a different opinion. That's where I differ though and fall into the bag of it doesn't matter if we had frickin Jose Mourinho - he could do fuck all with a skeleton team with only 1 proven striker (and thats Ameobi, not Cisse!) hes just proven to be championship standard.

Oh and what Asprilla said, dead on.

Edited by scoobos

I don't think for a minute it's easy or we should get rid just for the sake of it. But Im pretty clear that the weaknesses he has demonstrated this season are not things that he will change ( or can change).

I would hope that when they asses things post season they will from a number of sources come to the conclusion that he can't continue.

I'm still fairly happy with the type of players we are attracting and given who we are, the league we are in, the players we have and the TV money, (if we stay up), then we should be able to recruit a better manager.

In this post season analysis it would be Interesting what some of the players and the likes of Graham Carr will have to say in private.

I enjoy reading your posts CT, as a lurker over the months - but seriously when you say pardew hasnt been brave enough to drop players - exactly who from the squad of perhaps 13 fit players should he drop?

Isn't the problem that he hasn't had a squad to work with for most of the season?

But that said, if you consider Marveaux, Ferguson etc to be ready - you have a different opinion. That's where I differ though and fall into the bag of it doesn't matter if we had frickin Jose Mourinho - he could do fuck all with a skeleton team with only 1 proven striker (and thats Ameobi, not Cisse!) hes just proven to be championship standard.

Oh and what Asprilla said, dead on.

That's just simplistic though.

We had two very good strikers up until January.

Edited by Christmas Tree

What authority does Graham Carr have? He's a scout! Granted, a scout that seems to have done a canny job, but he doesn't call the shots.

Well he's the man who Ashley has put faith in to spend his millions and buy the product. When the inquests take place Im sure Ashley will listen very closely to his opinion on why he thinks the players haven't performed the way they should.

Seriously? I thought Graham Carrs job was to pick up "good prospects at good prices" People with resell value etc.

Thats it, he's done that , or thinks he has - he's got fook all to do with their development after purchase.

If you buy any player whos championship standard or above (as all our french signings are imo) - for less than 2 million - you've hit that criteria immediately havent you?

Edited by scoobos

Seriously? I thought Graham Carrs job was to pick up "good prospects at good prices" People with resell value etc.

Thats it, he's done that , or thinks he has - he's got fook all to do with their development after purchase.

If you buy any player whos championship standard or above (as all our french signings are imo) - for less than 2 million - you've hit that criteria immediately havent you?

I think people like Cabaye, HBA, Tiote, Sissoko, Debuchy etc are more than good prospects. :lol:

Aye, I agree - but thats the criteria hes picking on , right? the Board have made that public donkeys ago.

The fact is we aren't spending much more than 2 mil for each player, or if we are then they are claused ?

Well he's the man who Ashley has put faith in to spend his millions and buy the product. When the inquests take place Im sure Ashley will listen very closely to his opinion on why he thinks the players haven't performed the way they should.

The inquest should note that in the first 10 games we only lost twice...to Man U and Chelsea. That's the sort of run last season was built on.

Coloccini, an ever present in 11/12, went and got himself sent off late on at Liverpool though, and we did not have anyone approaching his quality to fill the gap. We lost the next 4 on the bounce.

Even when Colccini returned we had 11 other senior players out injured. Ferguson, Tavernier, Bigirimana, Sammy Ameobi and the like were being used to fill holes and just aren't good enough.

In that run up to January we lost 10 out of 13 and the season was killed by that period.

We've since only lost 6 out of 13.

10 more points would put us in 8th place. We would have comfortably met expectations if we'd finished 8th.

I reckon we'd easily have picked up another 10 points (let's say 2 wins and 4 draws) with a few more games of having our core players match-fit and available.

10 more points would put us in 8th place. We would have comfortably met expectations if we'd finished 8th.

I reckon we'd easily have picked up another 10 points (let's say 2 wins and 4 draws) with a few more games of having our core players match-fit and available.

I agree with that, however the measure of a man is how he responds to adversity, not plenty. Pardew has been found lacking through his inability to grind out points against shite teams with not all purple, but certainly decent players.

Edited by trophyshy

I need a WHS bot. WHS ... again.

I agree with Trophyshy with the "purple" players - though I wish we wouldnt swallow that line from Ashley and co - its cringeworthy. Krul and Arfa are our only really world class players at the mo. our signings are perhaps a bit more "beige" than purple.

Edited by scoobos

I need a WHS bot. WHS ... again.

I agree with Trophyshy with the "purple" players - though I wish we wouldnt swallow that line from Ashley and co - its cringeworthy. Krul and Arfa are our only really world class players at the mo. our signings are perhaps a bit more "beige" than purple.

Obertan brown?