Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As an aside, while Pardew does deserve criticism, I hope that people don't forget that there are 20 or so professional footballers who've let us and themselves down this season.

As an aside, while Pardew does deserve criticism, I hope that people don't forget that there are 20 or so professional footballers who've let us and themselves down this season.

Well yes, and it's hard to explain why. But it's the manager's job to keep the players motivated. It's evident he hasn't managed to do that.

Its not like we have 20 footballers who came for the same reason as the guys at QPR. Pardew has both had time (more time than most managers tbh) and strings to pull our international level players up from their sorry state, but he is just a failure when it comes to managing. Normally a manager can pick some coaching staff aswell, but all we got is shite, I guess he has no friends who wants to coach beside him.

Edited by Aeris

Its not like we have 20 footballers who came for the same reason as the guys at QPR. Pardew has both had time (more time than most managers tbh) and strings to pull our international level players, up from their sorry state, but he is just a failure when it comes to managing. Normally a manager can pick some coaching staff aswell, but all we got is shite, I guess he has no friends who wants to coach beside him.

How old are you? Serious question.

Pardew Hasn't Learnt From His Mistakes...

Although Newcastle kept a clean sheet against West Ham, they have now scored only one goal in four matches. Alan Pardew's negative tactics are hindering the Magpies...

Last Updated: 04/05/13 at 23:08 Post Comment

After recent heavy defeats against Sunderland and Liverpool, Newcastle's hard-fought 0-0 draw with West Ham will have come as a relief to Alan Pardew. That relief may only last until Tuesday, however, when the Magpies could drop into the bottom three for the first time this season if Wigan beat Swansea and Sunderland pick up at least a point at home to Stoke on Monday.

It's an embarrassing predicament for Pardew and, despite Newcastle's improved defensive performance at Upton Park, the manager should be worried by his team's lack of invention ahead of two crucial matches to secure survival. The Magpies have now scored only one goal in their last four Premier League fixtures - and three in the last seven - with Papiss Cisse again cutting a lonely figure in attack on Saturday.

The loss of Demba Ba to Chelsea has obviously had a detrimental impact on Newcastle's form in front of goal, but Pardew must also take responsibility for failing to address the Magpies' barren run. While Roberto Martinez has encouraged Wigan to repeat last year's incredible survival feat by adopting an open, attacking style of play, Pardew seems fearful of allowing Newcastle's players to express their quality in a cautious, uninspiring system.

It's one thing to play dull football and grind out results - as West Ham have done for much of the season - but Pardew's perennially negative tactics have continued to bring poor performances throughout a disappointing campaign. The manager showed that he is capable of making necessary changes to his team's system by switching to a 4-3-3 formation in the second half of last season, but this year he has failed to act to prevent Newcastle's slide, persisting with the same players and approach week after week.

Pardew has struggled in similar circumstances before, with Saturday's trip to West Ham offering a timely reminder. The manager's rudimentary tactics gained promotion, a top-ten Premier League finish and an FA Cup runners-up medal in two full seasons with the Hammers, but when performances started to slip he had no answers. A dreadful start to the 2006/07 season, in which West Ham lost 11 of their first 17 games and scored only ten goals, resulted in Pardew's dismissal, and many Newcastle fans are now hoping that the same fate befalls the manager at St James' Park.

It is too late for Ashley to act on the manager's future at this stage, of course, but the fans' shocking reaction to the Sunderland and Liverpool defeats revealed that they have finally run out of patience. Newcastle have enough quality to comfortably finish in the top ten and yet they have remained in the bottom half since mid-November with Pardew seemingly bereft of ideas on how to change his team's fortunes.

It seems that last season's achievements may have left a negative legacy in terms of Pardew's loyalty to his underperforming players. Jonas Gutierrez and Cheick Tiote have been in terrible form for most of the current campaign, yet both can expect to be in the starting line-up when fit. This complacency underlines Newcastle's significant backwards step this year and, even if they survive, Pardew's past record suggests he will struggle to learn from his mistakes.

How old are you? Serious question.

Apparently I'm 9 years younger than you, and look at that, our birthdays are just 2 days apart :)

Aeris!

Whoever you may be!

You tell us you're a young Lady,

But I'm not sure,

I know I could be wrong,

But I think you're a boy with a little dong.

Also we scored two legitimate goals that were wrongly disallowed.

How many rightful goals has been stolen from Cisse this season? Must be 10+ like... The level of ref incompetency in this league...shambolic...diabolic.

Well yes, and it's hard to explain why. But it's the manager's job to keep the players motivated. It's evident he hasn't managed to do that.

I just don't get these comments. He's got 5 fresh foreign untried players he had to dump straight into the first team. How much is motivation down to him? If they don't want to play for their new club after just 5 games or so, what can we do?

For me, as soon as Europe faded, so did some of our new guys.

I really really don't want to be on the manager merrygo round again - not with this board.

I just don't get these comments. He's got 5 fresh foreign untried players he had to dump straight into the first team. How much is motivation down to him? If they don't want to play for their new club after just 5 games or so, what can we do?

I really really don't want to be on the manager merrygo round again - not with this board.

So the last two home results haven't cooked his goose then as far as your concerned?....would you still keep him if we went down?...

In my view, yes I would keep him. I'm not overly fond of him and I don't think hes a top class manager - but the alternatives for me are not good.

I thought when we got rid of Hughton for Pardew that it wasn't his management skills that needed replacing but his attitude that he probably wanted to build the squad after promotion, not decimate it. I reckon Pardew was in to "take the club forward" because of his tolerance of lack of control over players in and out, when Hughton was probably becoming very optimistic about his and the clubs future, but about to have his hopes dashed.

I don't for 1 second think Caroll deal was done in 24 hours, I think Ashley would have known what he was doing to sell him at that price (did he know before Liverpool sold Torres even, then gazump them for a bigger price at the last minute?)

I don't believe we can keep anyone half decent with the board structure, unless we get a foreigner whos used to it - but then the wages aren't going to be there.

Given that pardew was manager of the year last year , and that hes had players removed and not replaced - I think it would be unwise to think a change of management can change our situation of running with a less than skeleton squad and having an owner whos willing (on 2 occasions now) to sell our main goalscorers and not replace them.

I think its nice to think theres a way out for us, but I believe we're stuck with each other as long and honestly believe hes the best we are going to get following the outcome of the Keegan trial and the clubs mission statement.

Edited by scoobos

You're definitely a Mackem like.