Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's 3 hours out of your life, your lost wage claims are just ridiculous, nearly as ridiculous as quitting your ST because if the manager who won't be here much longer anyway if things continue as they have. You're the one who felt the need to make out that it costs you 250 to attend the occasional match, not me. It's a strange claim, if you don't want it challenged, don't make it.

I was enjoying catching up on this thread until CT joined in. What a knobhead telling HF he has over-analysed the data. HF presented the information and explained why the facts go counter to the simplistic views sometimes taken. Informative and helpful.

IndianMag blaming Pardew for a player deciding to go long in the face of evidence that clearly demonstrate Pardew is instructing the players NOT to go long was also very irritating.

Consider yourselves both admonished ;)

Agreed with nearly all HF points except for our abysmal corner taking. Still finding going to the match much more enjoyable than under the likes of Souness, Allerdyce, Roeder, or JFK too. Expectations have probably been lowered like. Didn't enjoy last Sunday at all mind, definitely was a nail in Pardew's coffin for me. He needs to improve.

It's 3 hours out of your life, your lost wage claims are just ridiculous, nearly as ridiculous as quitting your ST because if the manager who won't be here much longer anyway if things continue as they have. You're the one who felt the need to make out that it costs you 250 to attend the occasional match, not me. It's a strange claim, if you don't want it challenged, don't make it.

You cant challenge it you utter moron because you have zero knowledge of the subject matter.

And its not 3 hours its a full day becuase its not generally a good idea to go taxi'ing after 3 or 4 Erdingers.

I was enjoying catching up on this thread until CT joined in. What a knobhead telling HF he has over-analysed the data. HF presented the information and explained why the facts go counter to the simplistic views sometimes taken. Informative and helpful.

IndianMag blaming Pardew for a player deciding to go long in the face of evidence that clearly demonstrate Pardew is instructing the players NOT to go long was also very irritating.

Consider yourselves both admonished ;)

And you should know better than most that statistics can be moulded to fit most viewpoints. HF starts out from a dont sack Pardew viewpoint so most of the stuff he chucks forth is aimed at backing up that viewpoint.

My post is still most valid because at the end of the day Pardew is still a mediocre manager and more and more people agree that his style of play will never get the best out of the type of players we have / are bringing to the club.

You cant challenge it you utter moron because you have zero knowledge of the subject matter.

And its not 3 hours its a full day becuase its not generally a good idea to go taxi'ing after 3 or 4 Erdingers.

Whatever, drinking isn't mandatory, it's like you're saying beer is more important than the match itself. I drive to most games nowadays. I could get your pov from a 20 year old but not at your age.

Edited by Renton

Whatever, drinking isn't mandatory, it's like you're saying beer is more important than the match itself. I drive to most games nowadays. I could get your pov from a 20 year old but not at your age.

Like a lot on here, probably most in fact, part of the match day fun is going on the drink pre and post match. I dont want to go the match, not drink and then run off to work.

And you should know better than most that statistics can be moulded to fit most viewpoints. HF starts out from a dont sack Pardew viewpoint so most of the stuff he chucks forth is aimed at backing up that viewpoint.

My post is still most valid because at the end of the day Pardew is still a mediocre manager and more and more people agree that his style of play will never get the best out of the type of players we have / are bringing to the club.

Never let it be forgotten that I was saying what a mediocre manager Pardew was last year when you were berating me and coming out with shite like...

And so on and so on.

You've just come to realise i was right, not the other way around.

Being mediocre isn't necessarily something that should lead to the sack though.

Never let it be forgotten that I was saying what a mediocre manager Pardew was last year when you were berating me and coming out with shite like...

And so on and so on.

You've just come to realise i was right, not the other way around.

Being mediocre isn't necessarily something that should lead to the sack though.

:lol:

Hold on though. As you well know some of those comments were tongue in cheek.

That's not to say I didn't rate Pardew as I definitely did. Again, as I do every 4 weeks when you hark back to this, I admit I was wrong.

Over analysing is fine and makes the forum go around but as much as you can hoy up stats to say one match has less long balls, others can point to the many negatives of Pardew the manager.

The bottom line is however he IS mediocre and will not get the best out of this squad.

I think quite a few of our players will already be teeing up their agents which will be a big shame.

I would like to limit that exodus by getting in a manager who can persuade them to stay and bring out the best in them.

Avoid having to admit you were wrong every 4 weeks by not claiming people are coming round to your way of thinking then :)

I think I've been pretty clear on Pardew from early on this season and its evidently clear that more people have arrived at a similar conclusion as the season has progressed.

i'd sack him pending on who we could get in, but without knowing that impossible to vote or give a shite, he's the around the same level as anyone else we can manage to attract currently imo so makes no odds, average with him average with another like him.

Unless it's for a vastly better manager who gives a stuff

Ditto, Although I think we should stick with him.

Might as well put it here, was going to put it in the Liverpool thread after HF said he'd not heard an "xxxx out" at match (not disputing that, by the way, just reminded me that I'd read the article).

Pardew out! Give him the sack. He's clueless. His tactics are rubbish. We never score from set pieces. The bloke's a joke.

The narrative of Alan Pardew's reign at St James' Park is changing.

Views such as these are taking a hold among a militant section of fans who have lost patience already with the man who led Newcastle to fifth spot last season, and was crowned Manager of the Year.

The fact there is even a debate going on among Newcastle fans about the future of their manager is ludicrous, and proves how fickle and knee jerk punters can be.

Yes, it's been a very poor season. Newcastle have lost HALF of their league games, seven at home. They've exited both cups at the first hurdle, in meek fashion. They have leaked goals, turned in passion free performances and lacked a bit of heart at times.

And yes, they were crucified by Sunderland at home in the North East derby.

But sack the manager?

Sure, Pardew may be in line for a rollicking from owner Mike Ashley during an end of season inquest.

Too many times they have failed to hit on a tactical formula that worked. Frequently the team performances have added up to less than the sum of the individual talent on the team sheet, which is a worry.

Such is the life of a top flight manager that you can go from tactical genius, and being asked about taking the England job, then 12 months later have a movement against you brewing.

Remember last October when it was pats on the back all-round as Pardew was awarded an eight-year contract?. At last, a bit of stability, we all said. Wow, never thought we'd use that word to describe Newcastle United.

A contract that should smooth the peaks and troughs of results, and ensure the club does not lurch from one crisis to the next, like it has done in recent decades.

So what's changed now? Does stability go out of the window after a few bad months, with mitigating factors of repeated injuries to big name players, European travel, and lack of coaching time on the training pitch because of the continental travel and number of matches being played?

Tactically challenged

Those urging Pardew to be booted out, appear to assume he doesn't understand the situation.

Take of instance the lack of goals at set pieces that is being used as a stick to hit him with. United staff have looked at this and have a theory. They don't have enough big men to cause havoc.

Their two biggest jumpers, Steven Taylor and Moussa Sissoko are marked up by the opposition's biggest. Newcastle believe they need a good third or fourth jumper in there to cause trouble. It will be a consideration when discussing transfer targets in the summer.

Newcastle-train-ahead-of-their-Europa-League-match-with-Benfica-1822213.pngShould have played in Tyne-Wear derby: Massadio Haidara

Action

Take for instance the lack of passion or work-rate during the Sunderland defeat. Think Pardew didn't notice that? He adjusted training last week to include some tough running drills for two days to sharpen up what was required. It worked for the first half against West Brom, at least.

Take for instance the criticism over tactical and selection mistakes. Pardew does evaluate his decisions. United players have inside info from Sunderland that Paolo Di Canio deliberately targeted their left side. The Mackems believed three quarters of the goals United concede come from this side, and exploited it.

Should Pardew have played Jonas Gutierrez at left back? In hindsight no, Massadio Haidara should have played, like he did against Benfica.

Pardew has other tactical dilemmas to face. How to get the best out of Sissoko. How to revive Cheick Tiote, and make Papiss Cisse an exceptional finisher, rather than a good one.

Crucially how to get Yohan Cabaye into games, when the opposition is targeting him as the way to stop United from functioning. United sources say this is becoming a big frustration with Cabaye. Enough to give him an excuse to leave?

The Frenchman also feels, as do many in the dressing room, that they have been singled out for took much criticism during this bad run. Others reckon it is just the kick up the backside everyone needs.

Pardew himself complained on Friday that he though some criticism has been "heavy handed."

If that is directed at those calling for his sacking, fair enough.

But the reality is Newcastle deserve a load of criticism for many of their performances and mistakes. Changes need to be made, tactics tweaked, attitudes sharpened up.

They do not deserve fickle supporters calling for root and branch upheaval of the management team.

Everton-v-Stoke-City-Premier-League-1794382.jpgHe's a model: David Moyes, manager of Everton

Jan Kruger

Newcastle look to Everton as a model. David Moyes has had season where Everton plunged from Champions' League qualifiers to also-rans. They learned from the experience and let Moyes get on with it, rather than axe him.

In May '03 Moyes led Everton to seventh. A year later they finished fourth bottom.

By May '05 they finished fourth, then the next season were 11th. Since those early days Moyes has been more consistent, keeping Everton in, or around, the European places.

It maybe a similar roller-coaster for Pardew and Newcastle, who can't preach stability one month, then ditch it when the going gets tough.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co...7#ixzz2RIVpUaGf

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

i'd sack him pending on who we could get in, but without knowing that impossible to vote or give a shite, he's the around the same level as anyone else we can manage to attract currently imo so makes no odds, average with him average with another like him.

Unless it's for a vastly better manager who gives a stuff

We attract players of a higher calibre than Pardew in management terms so why couldn't we attract a better manager?

I usually like Birds stuff but I thought that was poor. It's also a bit hard to add any weight to stuff like this because they no fine well that if they come out against the manager they ain't getting into any more Press Conferences.

It's like ONeill's sacking. As soon as it was announced they were all so anti him.

Get more balance on here than you ever will from the local hacks.

What do you make of his "inside knowlegde" CT...theres stuff in there you can only get from having a good relationship with the staff at the club you're covering. Its hardly earth shattering stuff, but you know its been sanctioned from the changing room. Access like that has to be worked on and you dont get it by slaughtering the manager.

like i said in the other thread, we don't pay managers the going rate, and even in player terms our "new" signings that are decent calibre have all came from leagues where the wages are considerably lower so even with our stricter wage budget it looks like the shit to them, until they've been here a bit and attract higher band wage clubs (Ba for example)

So we'd have to do the same in that sense with getting a manager and i don't know anyone who would come that's better than pardew and be happy with 800k a year (which i think is our budget for the manager?)

If you can suggest someone feel free like but like i said unless it's a vast improvement whats the point.

We might be prepared to pay an upgraded manager the going rate though, you don't know this. You also don't know the terms of Pardew's eight year contract either.

We might be prepared to pay an upgraded manager the going rate though, you don't know this. You also don't know the terms of Pardew's eight year contract either.

Its not the terms, its the message 8 years sends out.

There is two ways he'll be sacked...relegation or a shit start to next season. Both are fairly possible.