Hughton Sacked

Holden McGroin

Chirs Hughton   

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hughton was the caretaker who did well and was given a years contract to allow some sort of stability while fighting promotion. Since the start of the season they havent obviously liked what they've seen so when would you have sacked him?

What haven't they liked? Mid-table with a minimum outlay, sounds like Ashley's plan all along.

Aye. It feels like V. Even the opening lines when they came "we have come in peace" etc..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously though CT. What evidence could you possibly cite that this is well planned? You were gutted Hughton went yesterday and were having a pop at Ashley and now you're putting forward the notion it may all be part of some master plan. And you wonder why you have about as much credibilty and Kevin and Attain.

Initially I thought this was a stunt to avoid spending money in January.

But, if this was the case, he'd have done it in January. Our next games are Liverpool, Birmingham (away), Man-city and Tottenham, so if the post about forecasting results is true - the timing interesting.

None of this suggests it was well planned, but I guess what I'm trying to say it we have to wait to see which manager is brought in and who arrives in January.

They wanted it done and dusted in October though, until the 5-1 and Arsenal results made it impossible.

Assuming, for argument's sake, that's true, what a fucking stupid time to bring a manager in that would've been.

Lets not get too hysterical though. Hughton was the caretaker who did well and was given a years contract to allow some sort of stability while fighting promotion. Since the start of the season they havent obviously liked what they've seen so when would you have sacked him?

Do you reckon it was the 6-0 on the opening day or the 5-1 against the Mackems that swayed them? :D

You're an absolute joke man.

Think it may have been the 1-3 WBA 0-2 Blackburn 0-2 Blackpool 1-5 Bolton 0-0 Fulham 2-2 Wigan 1-2 Stoke

1-2.

I thought you were saying the start of the season justfied the alleged decision to have a new manager in place by the end of October. If you were, I'm not sure how games after that could be taken into account. If you weren't your previous posts make little sense.

Lets just revisit when it all started going so well, pre season after relegation. Statements like ..."us four players got together and decided to lay down the law and those who didnt agree could fuck off..... Nolan, Smith, Harper and Barton.

What does that prove in relation to the current situation?

:D Your a funny one. It was relation to your suggestion that the team were playing for him..... As you are aware by leaving your original quote out :icon_lol:

Eh? I left the quote out to save space.

What's your point? The team have clearly been playing for Hughton for a good while now.

Explain then Alex?

During the promotion winning season they all said how they had decided to play for each other, the group of four. When did that stop and change to playing for Hughton instead of themselves.

Yes Im playing devils advocate but fuck me lets not all be so simplistic.

Lets just revisit when it all started going so well, pre season after relegation. Statements like ..."us four players got together and decided to lay down the law and those who didnt agree could fuck off..... Nolan, Smith, Harper and Barton.

:icon_lol: Your a funny one. It was relation to your suggestion that the team were playing for him..... As you are aware by leaving your original quote out :D

I think you are the funny one. And not in the comedic way.

You always show up with the same patter tbf :D

:D Your a funny one. It was relation to your suggestion that the team were playing for him..... As you are aware by leaving your original quote out :icon_lol:

What's your point? The team have clearly been playing for Hughton for a good while now.

Explain then Alex?

During the promotion winning season they all said how they had decided to play for each other, the group of four. When did that stop and change to playing for Hughton instead of themselves.

You're playing a fucking idiot.

Actually I'm not so sure you're playing at all.

:icon_lol: Your a funny one. It was relation to your suggestion that the team were playing for him..... As you are aware by leaving your original quote out :D

Explain then Alex?

You're saying 4 (just fucking FOUR) players decided to play for themselves and that's the key to last season's success? And I'm being simplistic :D

So many mugs on here. You get the impression they watched the mackem game with gritted teeth and disappointment etched across their brow. Has Ashley got some sort of hypnotic impact over some of you nobheads? It's like justifying the holocaust what some of you are trying to do, ironic seeing as Ashleys a yid like.

I guarentee if we were bottom at christmas knobs like you would have slagged Houghton and blamed Ashley for sticking with him. He`s made a decision so deal with it and stop fucking crying until you know what is happening and as for the 5-1 I loved it and the Villa game and the Arsenal and Chelsea games but it doesnt wipe out the utter shite either

I never even slagged Hughton when we were losing at Scunthorpe you fuckin nob. I've seen worse football than you would ever believe and the only manager I've ever wanted sacked was Graham Souness. THAT is a fact.

You was happy with Fat Sam? Roeder?. Glad you enjoy watching shit

I hated Sam but I'm not some mug who doesn't realise we need stability. Roeder did brilliant his first season, the second the team was decimated by injuries, course I didn't want him to go. The crowd never got on Roeder's back, they got on FFS back and Roeder copped it as a result.

Here man am not some dafty from fuckin "Lewes" who jumped on some bandwagon cos we had Ginola and played amazing football in the 90's. I was one of your 10,004 daft cunts who kept the club going against the Oxford in 1991, I was the type who went to matches knowing we'd have Mark Stimson at left back, Wayne Fereday on the wing knowing it would be wank, but still went, not some fuckin JCL telling me who I should and shouldn't want sacked.

Seriously though CT. What evidence could you possibly cite that this is well planned? You were gutted Hughton went yesterday and were having a pop at Ashley and now you're putting forward the notion it may all be part of some master plan. And you wonder why you have about as much credibilty and Kevin and Attain.

But, if this was the case, he'd have done it in January. Our next games are Liverpool, Birmingham (away), Man-city and Tottenham, so if the post about forecasting results is true - the timing interesting.

None of this suggests it was well planned, but I guess what I'm trying to say it we have to wait to see which manager is brought in and who arrives in January.

They wanted it done and dusted in October though, until the 5-1 and Arsenal results made it impossible.

So they've had a replacement planned for 6 weeks plus?

What's the delay now?

According to Stevie..... and hopefully the delay is just flight arrivals into Newcastle.

If it's Pardew, I hope the plane skids off the runway at Newcastle again, with more flame licked results.

:D

What was the point in waiting until October? I agree they wanted CH out but he has done a great job THIS season, so sacking him now just proves how clueless they are. The fat cunt was clearly just waiting for a mini-slump to pull the trigger. If mini-slumps were worthy of sackings then Ferguson and Ancelotti etc etc would be out of jobs right now.

So give me your gut reason why he sacked him?

You want me to second guess a Mike Ashley decision?

Your lack of discussion on a discussion forum never ceases to amaze me. :D

So many mugs on here. You get the impression they watched the mackem game with gritted teeth and disappointment etched across their brow. Has Ashley got some sort of hypnotic impact over some of you nobheads? It's like justifying the holocaust what some of you are trying to do, ironic seeing as Ashleys a yid like.

I guarentee if we were bottom at christmas knobs like you would have slagged Houghton and blamed Ashley for sticking with him. He`s made a decision so deal with it and stop fucking crying until you know what is happening and as for the 5-1 I loved it and the Villa game and the Arsenal and Chelsea games but it doesnt wipe out the utter shite either

I never even slagged Hughton when we were losing at Scunthorpe you fuckin nob. I've seen worse football than you would ever believe and the only manager I've ever wanted sacked was Graham Souness. THAT is a fact.

I hated Sam but I'm not some mug who doesn't realise we need stability. Roeder did brilliant his first season, the second the team was decimated by injuries, course I didn't want him to go. The crowd never got on Roeder's back, they got on FFS back and Roeder copped it as a result.

Here man am not some dafty from fuckin "Lewes" who jumped on some bandwagon cos we had Ginola and played amazing football in the 90's. I was one of your 10,004 daft cunts who kept the club going against the Oxford in 1991, I was the type who went to matches knowing we'd have Mark Stimson at left back, Wayne Fereday on the wing knowing it would be wank, but still went, not some fuckin JCL telling me who I should and shouldn't want sacked.

2nded

You have to laugh Stevie, if you've seen worse - I'm trying to keep it into perspective..... he won't be here forever.

What was the point in waiting until October? I agree they wanted CH out but he has done a great job THIS season, so sacking him now just proves how clueless they are. The fat cunt was clearly just waiting for a mini-slump to pull the trigger. If mini-slumps were worthy of sackings then Ferguson and Ancelotti etc etc would be out of jobs right now.

I think i've made my points very clear so far. Have a look through this thread.

So the story is that Hughton is out because the fat twat wanted a bigger name, and someone who is more 'showbiz'. And Pardew's odds are shortening as we speak. You really have my sympathy if that comes about, as Pardew is crap. And 1st division manager at best.

It is almost as mental as JFK getting the job last season.

Lewes is in East Sussex not West Sussex and I`m not from there its just where I live. Good to see you admiting to being a daft cunt anyway.

I do like how some reason is "Well, I don't care if he beat Aston Villa 6-0, the Mackems 5-1, Chelsea 4-3 and away at Arsenal with no money and a threadbare squad. He got beat by 1 goal margins against Stoke and Blackburn" Give your head a knock, man. People won't realise how good a job Hughton was doing until we're sitting 18th in April again.

Edited by A NICE HAT

Explain then Alex?

You're saying 4 (just fucking FOUR) players decided to play for themselves and that's the key to last season's success? And I'm being simplistic :D

:D Fuck me, were you at Hogwarts last season after the aldershot game when the famous gang of four took control?

Only last week Hughton was still coming out denying the players wernt involved.

Even by your standards you need a fucking :ithankyou:

Andy Carroll insists he is not looking to leave Newcastle following the departure of manager Chris Hughton.

Hughton was axed by owner Mike Ashley on Monday and reports have since claimed Carroll is so upset by the decision he is considering his St James’ Park future.

But the 21-year-old striker, who has struck nine Premier League goals so far this season, has taken to his Twitter page to assure supporters he wants to stay.

“Newcastle is where I belong”Andy Carroll

"I am 100 per cent committed," he wrote. "I don't want to go anywhere, Newcastle is where I belong."

Think there were signs that the players had started to lose their way. The silly bans - Collo, Barton etc...The lack of interest from Guti...By any standard there have been some poor performances of late and I sensed a lack of commitment from some of the players. Just saying like.

You're a good lad and all that Parky, but that's pish. The performance at Arsenal was one of the most committed I've seen off a toon team ever. That's only 3/4 weeks ago.

And the performance against WBA was shocking and that was 3 days ago and the one agaist Bolton was a week ago, things were slipping and thats a fact

Read Alex's post above.

I did then I read the shit you posted

What that it was 3/4 weeks ago we produced one of the most committed showings I've ever seen you stupid cunt? Well we did. The reasons our form suffered are obvious.

No knob head, I know we played well against Arsenal and yes it was 4 weeks ago but barring the Chelsea game we ave been gash. 2 points from 15??? What if after the next 4 or 5 we were at the bottom, what would you do? watch re runs of the Arsenal game??

You still don't get it do you?

Fuck me man, anyone can see we have a lack of bodies, a lack of quality bodies in the squad. So changing manager will fix that will it?

Do you understand now or shall I draw a diagram for you with stick figures?

Changing manager and giving money to spend will change things. I dont think Ashley had the confidence in Houghton to do that and stop making out our squad is shit cos it isnt, small yes but other teams have small squads too

Monopoly money isn't worth anything in real life man.

haha. Straight out of Newcastle Online. What a fuckwit. Try telling that to Sir Alex Ferguson for starters.....unbelievebly stupid.

What did I say about your obsessive behaviour, have you forgotten?

hypocrisy again :D

Why do you come on here and disagree with my views without stating who you are on there ? Who's obsessed ? Why not stand by your views and put them on the table if you're so convinced you are right and I have been talking bollocks ?

Waiting........

:ithankyou:

It's killing you isn't it?

You wish you were a hacker right now so you could find out, eh?

"Fuck finding out about the meaning of life, I just want to know who Ken is on NO!" :icon_lol:

Edited by Ken

Lewes is in East Sussex not West Sussex and I`m not from there its just where I live. Good to see you admiting to being a daft cunt anyway.

Better a daft cunt than a daft cunt JCL 38 years of age from Horsham talking utter pish on here.

I think i've made my points very clear so far. Have a look through this thread.

So answer the simple question? :icon_lol:

I do like how some reason is "Well, I don't care if he beat Aston Villa 6-0, the Mackems 5-1, Chelsea 4-3 and away at Arsenal with no money and a threadbare squad. He got beat by 1 goal margins against Stoke and Blackburn" Give your head a knock, man. People won't realise how good a job Hughton was doing until we're sitting 18th in April again.

Jesus christ, 1 goal margins, 9 man Chelsea in the league cup blah,blah,blah. it`s done now deal with it and if its shit then bitch until then wait and see

Aside from Hughton being sacked, has anyone seen the non-playing football payroll these days?

Manager - Peter Beardsley (interim)

Assistant Manager - Steve Stone (interim)

Reserve Team Manager - vacant

Reserve Team Assistant Manager - vacant

Goalkeeping Coach - vacant

Academy Manager - Joe Joyce

Academy Assistant Manager - Willie Donachie

Academy GK Coach - tbc

Physiotherapist - Dave Henderson

Physiotherapist - Derek Wright

Academy Physiotherapist - Carl Nelson

Fitness Coach - Simon Tweddle

Academy Fitness Coach - Jack Ade

Chief Scout - Graham Carr

Academy Scout - Ray Gooding

Beardsley & Stone doing the fucking lot as far as coaching goes it would seem?

Better a daft cunt than a daft cunt JCL 38 years of age from Horsham talking utter pish on here.

Looks like you've solved your earlier problem :D

The problem is, if the reaction of other managers and players to this is anything to go by, then the only kind of people looking at this job are those who are desperate. Like an Alan Pardew for example.

At which point we might as well all go home.

Explain then Alex?

:D Fuck me, were you at Hogwarts last season after the aldershot game when the famous gang of four took control?

Only last week Hughton was still coming out denying the players wernt involved.

Even by your standards you need a fucking :ithankyou:

The incredibly obvious point I was making is that even with four of the senior players getting together and taking a lead before the start of last season there has to be more to it than that. Your suggestion the players were playing for themselves displays a complete lack of understanding as to what actually makes a football team tick. If the players aren't respectful of the manager and applying his tactics there is absolutely no way you would get the level of performance and commitment from ALL the players that was shown both last season and for a lot of the games this season. Not sure how much more simple I can make that tbh.

Edited by alex