Which defensive partnership would you like to see?

loonyTOON

Which defensive partnership would you like to see?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Taylor / Collochini for me.

Collochinis being good and Taylor used to be canny.

Think Campbell is a bit too slow and cumbersome and Williamson just wont keep his hands to himself which drives me mad.

;) Still looks quick to me like. Probably still pacier than any of the other CBs at the club.

Got wrongfooted pretty quick for their goal.

Howay man. Anyone can be turned on a pitch like that. Players were struggling to keep their feet all game. It doesn't mean Campbell lacks pace.

Believe it or not but apparently in some sort of speed test at Arsenal last season only Walcott was ahead of Sol, in terms of sprints or something like that.

I totally believe it, I mentioned above how shocked I am at his pace. I watched him for the reserves at the SOS, and he was one of the quickest on the pitch and that was his first game back.

Sometimes I think CT just likes to be contrary, clearly Campbell was one of our best players on sunday yet he picks up on one minor error, I can't even remember it too.

Picking one of the partnerships on offer in a poll is hardly contrary.

And as for "one minor error"..... Hardly minor when it cost us the three points.

Think Campbell is a bit too slow and cumbersome and Williamson just wont keep his hands to himself which drives me mad.

;) Still looks quick to me like. Probably still pacier than any of the other CBs at the club.

Howay man. Anyone can be turned on a pitch like that. Players were struggling to keep their feet all game. It doesn't mean Campbell lacks pace.

He may be (or more likely was) pacy, but cumbersone is the bit that bothers me more. Think you'll see a lot of premiership players doing that to him if he gets a run.

Anyway the threads about pairings and I just prefer Collochini overall and then Taylor. Think Taylor offers a lot more than Campbell whether thats defending or chasing a game and attacking.

I took issue with your comment about his being slow. The stats say he was the 2nd quickest player in the PL last season so I think we can put that one to bed. I don't think he is cumbersome either fwiw.

Edited by alex

He may be (or more likely was) pacy, but cumbersone is the bit that bothers me more. Think you'll see a lot of premiership players doing that to him if he gets a run.

Anyway the threads about pairings and I just prefer Collochini overall and then Taylor. Think Taylor offers a lot more than Campbell whether thats defending or chasing a game and attacking.

I took issue with your comment about his being slow. The stats say he was the 2nd quickest player in the PL last season so I think we can put that one to bed. I don't think he is cumbersome either fwiw.

:)

Alex

That's what those stats say. Perhaps he isn't but I think it puts paid to any suggestion he's too slow. Although watching him play would do the same thing.