Snow Tomorrow

Christmas Tree

Once again they get a light dusting in the South East and the world is grinding to a halt as per fucking usual. :razz:

It's a sadly true cliche - a couple of inches and the trains were struggling amid tannoy anouncments of "severe weather".

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite sure when the novelty of the snow wore off but I think it might have been when half the roof tiles and the guttering came down when the snow came off last night.

I'm currently sat at home with no boiler and a nasty case of tonsillitis. The boiler broke down last Thursday so I packed the wife and youngster off to the in-laws while I've stayed at home with the cat. I have one warm room, heated to about 15 degrees by an electric radiator and a complete inability to do anything other than sit around and be miserable. My fucking throat is sore as and I can't swallow, not even spit without searing pain. Fucking bollocks.

I'm currently sat at home with no boiler and a nasty case of tonsillitis. The boiler broke down last Thursday so I packed the wife and youngster off to the in-laws while I've stayed at home with the cat. I have one warm room, heated to about 15 degrees by an electric radiator and a complete inability to do anything other than sit around and be miserable. My fucking throat is sore as and I can't swallow, not even spit without searing pain. Fucking bollocks.

I blame the Tories.

Let me know if you need the number of a plumber... mine packed in last week and the guy i got out was very good and didn't charge much at all... used him once before and he was good then too so i know he's sound

Bad crack about the tonsillitis... used to get it all the time until they ripped em out so I feel yer pain!

I thought this morning would be easier to get in, and whilst it was quicker, I thought driving was slightly dodgier as the snow is starting to ice up. Far more people skidding around this morning as you get clever shites who think because it LOOKS better then you can drive as normal in it.

Not quite sure when the novelty of the snow wore off but I think it might have been when half the roof tiles and the guttering came down when the snow came off last night.

Nasty. I dont know if anyone saw the beeb yesterday but they were up in rothbury (i think) an the cameras caught a rof snow slide that took out about 4 oap's. They dragged one little old lady up from a pile of snow, dusted her down and off she went. Really funny.

Have seen it happen once before in real life as well.

Nasty. I dont know if anyone saw the beeb yesterday but they were up in rothbury (i think) an the cameras caught a rof snow slide that took out about 4 oap's. They dragged one little old lady up from a pile of snow, dusted her down and off she went. Really funny.

Have seen it happen once before in real life as well.

The ghost of Moat strikes again.

10-15cm of fresh with the same predicted to fall for the rest of the day

:razz::D:rip::icon_lol::icon_lol:

fucking brilliant, skiing this weekend and every one til spring

Where do you live? Sunny in the Toon at the mo <_<

The West Kootenays in BC...home mountain is Red Mtn, best tree skiing in BC...steep and deep.... :icon_lol:

10-15cm of fresh with the same predicted to fall for the rest of the day

:D:rip::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

fucking brilliant, skiing this weekend and every one til spring

Where do you live? Sunny in the Toon at the mo :)

The West Kootenays in BC...home mountain is Red Mtn, best tree skiing in BC...steep and deep.... <_<

Ahh ok... probs not a good indication of whether i'll get a day off work due to the snow in Newcastle then :razz:

Must be about 80% of admin staff at my hospital off this week as they 'cant get in!'

Funnily enough we havent had one nurse not make it in yet. Too many work shy bastards these days. I bet if they didnt get paid for being off they would sharp turn up!