Bernie Slaven

shackbleep

Club in Crisis!

Since Eindhoven our club Middlesbrough, has been on a downhill spiral.

Since then we have chopped and changed practically everything at the club to try and stop the decline.

Unfortunately as it stands today without success.

The only two positions that have remained permanent and intact are those of the chairman and chief executive.

There is no doubt both have played major roles in our success over the years, promotions , cup finals, silverware, star names, European football,a fine stadium, magnificent training facilities.

In my opinion this partnership has run its course, now is the time for change at the top.

There are no signs of a recovery as a football club we are stagnating and no one seams to be addressing the major problems.

In the last few years we have sold all of our assets and replaced them with inferior players.

We have struggled as a team irrespective of divisions, crowds have fallen to an all time low, the PR is a disaster and we look to be in financial meltdown.

Yet again more players will be sold in the January transfer window, despite us having a small squad and sitting 3rd bottom of the championship.

We all know those on big wages and whose contracts are up at the end of the season will probably depart.

But whose fault is that?

Its not the fans, but we are the ones who will suffer.

The movements in January will be the biggest statement of all that we are going nowhere.

In my opinion for our club to move forward we have to split the autocratic partnership. We need an investor,someone with a different mindset and mentality, someone with fresh ideas, to drive us forward and get us out of this massive hole that we are in.

Deep down there are likely to be a great many people who agree with myself inside and outside the club, but for various reasons are reluctant to step forward and declare what they truly believe.

I have always believed, the person who courts popularity usually conveys a dishonest message, the person who conveys an honest message is seldom popular.

If we continue with no change at the top, I fear the worst.

http://www.bernieslaven.co.uk/2010/11/club-in-crises/

Gibson & Lamb are the only two good things at the club IMO. How can aportion no blame on their fans when they barely fill a third of the stadium is beyond me.

Well he's blatently wrong about attendances being at an all time low, they've always had shite support.

The problem is they haven't actually realized they are a small club no bigger than a club like Coventry or Charlton. They are nothing but they've had an owner that has bankrolled them to far beyond their true standing.

It's all well and good that Gibson has ploughed money in and given managers time but his appointments have often been quite bad, and his timing in terms of actual sackings is bizarre. They do need to hold onto him though, but he has to bare a lot of responsibility for the position the clubs in.

It's all well and good that Gibson has ploughed money in and given managers time but his appointments have often been quite bad, and his timing in terms of actual sackings is bizarre. They do need to hold onto him though, but he has to bare a lot of responsibility for the position the clubs in.

Tbf Strachan and Mowbray weren't the worst appointments.

I think Gibbo is a bit like Kenwright at Everton.....they know that the type of fan who will turn up week in week out regardless of what they're being served up wont have a word said against them because "they're fans too"....it gives them just enough backing and makes them reasonably happy to stay in charge because, well, they're in charge ;)

Don't know if Gibbo would sell,don't know who'd want them, but Kenwright wouldnt in a million years though. He gets asked every year at the Everton agm what price he'd accept and always ignores the question :D

Gibbo tried to go with Southgate and the kids that came through the youth team, which was admirable in a way. Probably thought a season or two in divi 2 would see them ok. Didnt work, enter Strachan who was a fuckin disaster. Difficult to tell what'll happen now. Thought they looked good against us at their place last season. The Aussie up front and Barry Robson ran the show I thought.

He's got an axe to grind because Gibson/Lamb banned him from the stadium for something he said on Century iirc.

Bernie Slaven is a bell end and I was just going to write what you have put above.

I was on The Three Legends about 5 years ago, he was building up the "Tyne Tees derby" in to something the whole country should look forward too "I cannae wait tae shut the smuggies up" as he called us, so I went on and said "Look Bernie yous are insignificant Yorkshire nobodies, you support Celtic with all your heart, Newcastle against Boro, is like Celtic against Ayr United" and he cut me off. Twat.

Boro deserve all the shit that is coming their way, Steve Gibson has been absolutely amazing for that club and has kept them afloat for nearly 20 years on the back of his steel business.

He's got an axe to grind because Gibson/Lamb banned him from the stadium for something he said on Century iirc.

Bernie Slaven is a bell end and I was just going to write what you have put above.

I was on The Three Legends about 5 years ago, he was building up the "Tyne Tees derby" in to something the whole country should look forward too "I cannae wait tae shut the smuggies up" as he called us, so I went on and said "Look Bernie yous are insignificant Yorkshire nobodies, you support Celtic with all your heart, Newcastle against Boro, is like Celtic against Ayr United" and he cut me off. Twat.

Boro deserve all the shit that is coming their way, Steve Gibson has been absolutely amazing for that club and has kept them afloat for nearly 20 years on the back of his steel business.

His business is BulkHaul, a chemical transport firm. I bet his kids are gutted that he's spent the inheritance on a bunch of ungrateful nobodies.