Ireland

peasepud

Can someone explain something to me?

We, as a country had to cut £7bn from our spending, raise taxes etc to ensure we didnt go bust didnt we?

So wheres this £7bn we're now lending Ireland come from? Is it that? are we now therefore officially skint? or did we just find it lying down the back of the sofa?

No

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We, as a country had to cut £7bn from our spending, raise taxes etc to ensure we didnt go bust didnt we?

So wheres this £7bn we're now lending Ireland come from? Is it that? are we now therefore officially skint? or did we just find it lying down the back of the sofa?

We borrowed it of course. ;)

We borrowed it of course. ;)

We have our own fiat currency, its a license to print money - literally

Very subtle Rob but I'm onto you.

:D

This post is dry humour gold and deserves far greater recognition.

I haven't got enough self confidence to believe I actually get the joke.

My unhappiness compounded by the fact I don't know which smilie is appropriate to illustrate my self doubt and confusion

;)

What's not to get though? It's preceeded by Rob trying to be as offensive as all of his considerable arrogance can muster, obviously looking to bait the Irish lads, and all he gets back is Ewerk pretending he can see through his subtlety. Graham Linehan would be proud of it and I can't really think of a much higher compliment tbf.

:)

My unhappiness compounded by the fact I don't know which smilie is appropriate to illustrate my self doubt and confusion

;)

What's not to get though? It's preceeded by Rob trying to be as offensive as all of his considerable arrogance can muster, obviously looking to bait the Irish lads, and all he gets back is Ewerk pretending he can see through his subtlety. Graham Linehan would be proud of it and I can't really think of a much higher compliment tbf.

Aye……

… beat me to it

*cough* :razz::D

:D

;)

So what you are saying is my post was too dry..... :)

I just put my life savings into the Bank of Ireland - 20p per share. This time next year (or much sooner) I'll either by bankrupt or a millionaire. They were worth £19 per share in their hey day.... and I have youth on my side.

What I want to know is, who is lending the money to Ireland to bail themselves out?

Edited by parkinpants

I just put my life savings into the Bank of Ireland - 20p per share. This time next year (or much sooner) I'll either by bankrupt or a millionaire. They were worth £19 per share in their hey day.... and I have youth on my side.

What I want to know is, who is lending the money to Ireland to bail themselves out?

I hope you're joking.

I hope you're joking.

I'm exaggerating.... but I have invested a few quid. Think they're up to 26p at the moment.

And going to be worth fuck all when it's nationalised very soon.

they knew it was going to be "up to 28%" nationalised before I bought in... so the price reflected that risk

I did the same thing with Barclays and they went up 5 fold.... but then Barclays are a lot bigger than the BOI.... hmm

"Never bet more than you're prepared to lose".

"Easy come easy go".

etc

Edited by parkinpants