On this day...

Tooj

37 years ago - the great Tony Green was forced to retire due to injury.

According to many that witnessed him play - the best they've ever seen in a black & white shirt.

7895151879751257978619.jpg

We got Tudor from Sheffield and Hibbitt from Leeds, MacDonald from luton and Smith Aberdeen, but we've got the greatest the world's ever seen, we bought him from Blackpool, his name's Tony Green...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw him play, and I think I may have said this before, my main memory is not so any specific action, but more the electric atmosphere and excitement whenever he got the ball.

I was only a kid but I knew I was seeing something special.

Its lovely when you have a player in the team that creates that.

We got a glimpse of it with Ben Arfa but prior to him I can think who was the last player who had that sort of effect. I'll have to give it some though.

I saw him play, and I think I may have said this before, my main memory is not so any specific action, but more the electric atmosphere and excitement whenever he got the ball.

We got a glimpse of it with Ben Arfa but prior to him I can think who was the last player who had that sort of effect. I'll have to give it some though.

Pedro

Pedro

Definteley, however even if you have a really bland team you can have that person that gets the crowd going when they get the ball, even if they are not in Pedros league.

I suppose going by remarks on here, Jonas fills that gap for some where as Barton probably does it a bit for me. Struggling for names inbetween now and pedro....

Bellamy running from the half way line etc....?

Pedro

Definteley, however even if you have a really bland team you can have that person that gets the crowd going when they get the ball, even if they are not in Pedros league.

I suppose going by remarks on here, Jonas fills that gap for some where as Barton probably does it a bit for me. Struggling for names inbetween now and pedro....

Bellamy running from the half way line etc....?

Dyer on his day would fit in to tat category for me though I know he splits opinion with fans.

Tony Green was better than Beardsley, as for Dyer :lol: Tony Green is the sort of player someone like Kieron Dyer could dream of being until he was 200 and he'd still be nowhere near fit to lace his boots.

We were going to see Tony Green in Blackpool or Bolton in September, until the sad passing of Jackie Sinclair. This is yet to be re-arranged. Hopefully it will be soon.

I still have the cut outs of the day Tony had to retire, but didn't realise today was the anniversary.

Simply the best.

Tony Green was better than Beardsley, as for Dyer :lol: Tony Green is the sort of player someone like Kieron Dyer could dream of being until he was 200 and he'd still be nowhere near fit to lace his boots.

We were going to see Tony Green in Blackpool or Bolton in September, until the sad passing of Jackie Sinclair. This is yet to be re-arranged. Hopefully it will be soon.

I still have the cut outs of the day Tony had to retire, but didn't realise today was the anniversary.

Simply the best.

Time to resurrect your old avatar?

Tony Green was better than Beardsley, as for Dyer :gay: Tony Green is the sort of player someone like Kieron Dyer could dream of being until he was 200 and he'd still be nowhere near fit to lace his boots.

Simply the best.

Time to resurrect your old avatar?

maybe. Yours is canny mind :lol:

Simply the best.

never said Dyer was as good as Green you old fool, we were just talking about players that showed flashes of brilliance/exciting players etc

Simply the best.

never said Dyer was as good as Green you old fool, we were just talking about players that showed flashes of brilliance/exciting players etc

you DID mention him in a post about Tony Green, you stupid no nowt cunt.

"know"

following me around like Skidders now then ? :lol:

Have you replied to the thread I started about Mike Ashley, or are you just continuing to make daft comments ?

Yeah I replied in that. To which you responded. Speaking of daft comments.

"know"

Have you replied to the thread I started about Mike Ashley, or are you just continuing to make daft comments ?

give it a rest man. Start responding to threads instead of stalking me like an obsessed poodle.

"know"

give it a rest man. Start responding to threads instead of stalking me like an obsessed poodle.

:gay:

Wheels out the 'stalking' line whenever confronted with the truth.

"know"

:gay:

Wheels out the 'stalking' line whenever confronted with the truth.

see your post, number 17 in this thread again chum, if you want to talk about "stalking".

Wheels out crap response when confronted with the truth

Edited by LeazesMag

Easy solution: just try to avoid making yourself look like an outright spastic. Especially in posts where you're essentially calling other people stupid.

Easy solution. Withdraw your post number 17, the thread was going fine until you started behaving like an utter prick.

You can also reply to my post about Mike Ashley, instead of behaving like an utter prick in that thread too and attempting to blame others for it.

I'll leave you now, because you are fast becoming the new skidmarks with your obsession.

Easy solution: just try to avoid making yourself look like an outright spastic. Especially in posts where you're essentially calling other people stupid.

Easy solution. Withdraw your post number 17, the thread was going fine until you started behaving like an utter prick.

You can also reply to my post about Mike Ashley, instead of behaving like an utter prick in that thread too and attempting to blame others for it.

I'll leave you now, because you are fast becoming the new skidmarks with your obsession.

:lol:

..............errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr no.