Mod or Rocker

Monkeys Fist

Badass biker club. TR is blatantly filthy!

:lol:

I admit I was a wild biker chick back in the day :D I still occassionally put on my leather gear and get on the back of the bike :(

Gemmill has "spoiled" his shorts

FYP

And can I point out there is a picture in this thread that no biker would be seen dead riding.

Tea anyone?

Trying too hard tbh :(

Think you'll also find it was one of if not thee best selling motorbikes in the seventies....But hey, dont let facts get in the way Angry, you usually dont :rolleyes:

Edited by Christmas Tree

I admit I was a wild biker chick back in the day :D I still occassionally put on my leather gear and get on the back of the bike :rolleyes:

FYP

And can I point out there is a picture in this thread that no biker would be seen dead riding.

Tea anyone?

Says the man who posted a picture of a 250cc tiddler so he could be a rocker :(

I admit I was a wild biker chick back in the day :rolleyes: I still occassionally put on my leather gear and get on the back of the bike :(

FYP

Tea anyone?

Says the man who posted a picture of a 250cc tiddler so he could be a rocker :(

Please god put me on your ignore list with Kevin. :D

It's 1964, you're 20 years old, would you have been a Pretty Boy Mod or a Greaseball Rocker?

This would be the clincher for me;

triumph_motorcycle_470_470x352.jpg

Rocker

Definately a rocker having used to own one of these at 17 ........

1974_GT250L_blue_520.jpg

Scooters are for schoolgirls in the south of france....

Rocker of course!

CT, Hubby had GT 500's for years, even made two choppers out of them. One of them won awards at the Bath and West custom bike show and was in the mag Back Street Heroes :lol::D

We' ve always had motorbikes and when we met were in a very bad ass bike club :rolleyes: But alas we grew up!

Hubby is a bike mechanic and now has his own motorbike garage as his business. We currently have a Royal Enfield and he's building a GT750 (a kettle for those who prefer)! he's not doing this one standard as such as he's using a different front end, But it looks awesome. Will post some pics when its finished.

I havent really been on a big bike since my teens. Would still love to get back on one but I dont think the body would take all the rough and tumble it used too then. Also very concious of not being one of these 40 something mid life rediscovering their youth jobbies.

Would love to grab a scrambler though and head off through the farmers fields to the local quarrys. That used to be the best fun on two wheels.

Dont be so daft! I admit as we have a bike garage we do see some sad old bikers who have never grown up, but that doesnt mean to say its not cool to own a motorbike. You can enjoy biking without being a sad git going through a mid life crisis! I suppose hubby doesnt feel that as he's never been without bikes in his life, though of course the car racing and building are his first love.

We have 'bike nights' here every Wednesday evening from May to end of Sept on Paignton seafront, run by a local bike club. Bikers come from all over the place just to have a natter and a pint, and its a real mix of all sorts of people. The bikes line up the whole length of the beach. It attracts locals of all ages and grockles (tourists) Alot of the money raised by events and gigs go to charity too. Its good to see Bikers in the news for good reasons.

It's 1964, you're 20 years old, would you have been a Pretty Boy Mod or a Greaseball Rocker?

Rocker

1974_GT250L_blue_520.jpg

Rocker of course!

CT, Hubby had GT 500's for years, even made two choppers out of them. One of them won awards at the Bath and West custom bike show and was in the mag Back Street Heroes :lol::D

We' ve always had motorbikes and when we met were in a very bad ass bike club :rolleyes: But alas we grew up!

Hubby is a bike mechanic and now has his own motorbike garage as his business. We currently have a Royal Enfield and he's building a GT750 (a kettle for those who prefer)! he's not doing this one standard as such as he's using a different front end, But it looks awesome. Will post some pics when its finished.

I havent really been on a big bike since my teens. Would still love to get back on one but I dont think the body would take all the rough and tumble it used too then. Also very concious of not being one of these 40 something mid life rediscovering their youth jobbies.

Would love to grab a scrambler though and head off through the farmers fields to the local quarrys. That used to be the best fun on two wheels.

Dont be so daft! I admit as we have a bike garage we do see some sad old bikers who have never grown up, but that doesnt mean to say its not cool to own a motorbike. You can enjoy biking without being a sad git going through a mid life crisis! I suppose hubby doesnt feel that as he's never been without bikes in his life, though of course the car racing and building are his first love.

We have 'bike nights' here every Wednesday evening from May to end of Sept on Paignton seafront, run by a local bike club. Bikers come from all over the place just to have a natter and a pint, and its a real mix of all sorts of people. The bikes line up the whole length of the beach. It attracts locals of all ages and grockles (tourists) Alot of the money raised by events and gigs go to charity too. Its good to see Bikers in the news for good reasons.

Seriously, my 50 year old brother in law went through it two years back. He bought one of the cheap rip off chopper bikes (im sure you know the ones) and looked a right charlie. Got rid of it two months later.

TBH its other tits on the roads in cars that would stop me getting back on one.

Rocker

1974_GT250L_blue_520.jpg

Rocker of course!

CT, Hubby had GT 500's for years, even made two choppers out of them. One of them won awards at the Bath and West custom bike show and was in the mag Back Street Heroes :lol::rolleyes:

We' ve always had motorbikes and when we met were in a very bad ass bike club :( But alas we grew up!

Seriously, my 50 year old brother in law went through it two years back. He bought one of the cheap rip off chopper bikes (im sure you know the ones) and looked a right charlie. Got rid of it two months later.

TBH its other tits on the roads in cars that would stop me getting back on one.

What a shame, you are missing out on good times. I dont go on the bike much, but when its good weather its a great feeling to put your shades on and go for a ride. Several mates (and hubby) have chops but I have to say they look pretty cool, obviously its who you know :D

Rocker

trouble is it was only guaranteed to go 30 miles before breaking down

Rocker

trouble is it was only guaranteed to go 30 miles before breaking down

The Airbus A380 of the bike world then?

Edited by Monkeys Fist