Robbie Savage

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A complete twerp

the only thing about him on 5Live is that they aren't spending any money on anyone serious - but its a bit like laughing at someone with a disability

He's awful on Radio 5 like. Just shouts down anyone who disagrees with him.

Him and Mark Chapman are a disgrace.

Aye, I think it would be ok if Chapman took him to task but he just backs him up all the time. The daft thing is Savage's argument is normally 'you haven't played football professionally / been in the dressing room / managed a team therefore you don't have a clue' but Chapman's so eager to lick Savage's arse it escapes his notice that he's being called clueless in the process.

Edited by alex

He's awful on Radio 5 like. Just shouts down anyone who disagrees with him.

what is really grim is how he shouts HIMSELF down - he loses the thread with alarming regularity

But I'd pay serious money to see him, Criag Bellamy and Gavin Henson on a TV panel................ maybe add Errol the Hamster as the token Welsh intellectual

Maybe I'm out of touch but it seems to me the BBC keeps employing fuckwits who surely nobody wants to listen to. Alan Green, Savage, Gabriele Marcotti, the list goes on. I'm putting it down to a southern thing but I've been unable to listen to 606 for years because of it. It's bizzare, I think (or hope) it's a ploy by the BBC that people will tune in on the basis they do hate the pundits and want to pick a fight with them. I've only heard Savage on 5Live once, when they had him on drivetime radomly once when they were talking about Man City. He was going on about how Mancini was 'one of my best mates' on the basis they played at Leicester together for about 6 games. It got worse though, and I actually did turn the radio off when he said of Graham Taylor 'to be fair to Graham, he's never managed at the highest level.' Er..would that be ex Aston Villa and ENGLAND manger Graham Taylor? For fucks sake, just fuck off will you.

Maybe I'm out of touch but it seems to me the BBC keeps employing fuckwits who surely nobody wants to listen to. Alan Green, Savage, Gabriele Marcotti, the list goes on. I'm putting it down to a southern thing but I've been unable to listen to 606 for years because of it. It's bizzare, I think (or hope) it's a ploy by the BBC that people will tune in on the basis they do hate the pundits and want to pick a fight with them. I've only heard Savage on 5Live once, when they had him on drivetime radomly once when they were talking about Man City. He was going on about how Mancini was 'one of my best mates' on the basis they played at Leicester together for about 6 games. It got worse though, and I actually did turn the radio off when he said of Graham Taylor 'to be fair to Graham, he's never managed at the highest level.' Er..would that be ex Aston Villa and ENGLAND manger Graham Taylor? For fucks sake, just fuck off will you.

Alan Green and David Pleat were doing sexual innuendo during the Mackems/Chelsea match coverage. Try and imagine that if you can.

Agree with most of that, but I don't think you can lump Marcotti in with the rest of them. He's hugely knowledgeable, and doesn't tend to talk in mindless cliches like a lot of the other pundits.

Just noticed this.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/co...icle631859.html

There is too much caution, too many teams scared to lose. This year's big derbies - Everton/Liverpool, City/United, Villa/Birmingham - have all been dreadful matches and I'm sorry to say I think Arsenal v Spurs this weekend will be no different.

Nice of him to ignore that other big derby in which 6 goals were scored.

• 2 weeks later...