Student Riots in London

shackbleep

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lib Dems have completely sold out on this, and that is where a lot of the anger has come from. But it is ridiculous that they plan to raise the fees even further. Education should be a right, not a priviledge, and the only people I can think of who wouldn't be too fussed about the cuts are the rich and super rich. I.e people like Cameron and Osborne...

from what I hear a few known Class War troublemakers were the antagonists. Police weren't properly prepared for the resulting unrest, but it's not as bad as the meeeja are making out.

Heard on the news that one of the fucking idiots threw a full fire extinguisher off the top of Millbank Tower. Lucky they didn't kill anyone.

And one stupid bint reckoned the violence was justified as "it's the only way we can get our message across - no one listens otherwise..."

Fuck off man!

The Lib Dems have completely sold out on this, and that is where a lot of the anger has come from. But it is ridiculous that they plan to raise the fees even further. Education should be a right, not a priviledge, and the only people I can think of who wouldn't be too fussed about the cuts are the rich and super rich. I.e people like Cameron and Osborne...

It'd be the same 50,000 down protesting if the government announced that that they simply couldn't afford to maintain the current level of spending on unis. Sometimes you have to pay for a service.

We're all in this together.

Edited by ewerk

Heard on the news that one of the fucking idiots threw a full fire extinguisher off the top of Millbank Tower. Lucky they didn't kill anyone.

Fuck off man!

That is criminally idiotic.

If they catch who did it, they should fine them, ooooooh ,say the equivalent of 4 year's tuition.

My business partner has worked on Millbank- reckons the only way they could've got on the roof was with help. :dunno:

:dunno: Leazes is right like, they do have a point.

said before they starting acting up like the workshy cunts some of them are [but not all of them]. But they do have a point. This is just the start. Considering the fuss MP's have made over their own scams over the years being found out.....now they are going to hit all the people who use public services to pay for the mistakes caused by bankers etc [see MF's post above this one].

It's all a bit rich, and very wrong. Typical Tories. Trotting out the speel that "we are all in it together"....utter crap. I remember Lawson [or Howe, or whoever was Chancellor] saying that inflation and unemployment were a price worth paying to sort out the economic mess when we were paying interest rates at 15%.

Nowt changes with them. In a year or two, when these cuts have bitten, this govt is going to be massively unpopular and also typically Tory, they won't understand why.

Anything but an increase in income tax, because THAT is what hurts themselves and their political allies and friends.

:dunno: Leazes is right like, they do have a point.

said before they starting acting up like the workshy cunts some of them are [but not all of them]. But they do have a point. This is just the start. Considering the fuss MP's have made over their own scams over the years being found out.....now they are going to hit all the people who use public services to pay for the mistakes caused by bankers etc [see MF's post above this one].

It's all a bit rich, and very wrong. Typical Tories. Trotting out the speel that "we are all in it together"....utter crap. I remember Lawson [or Howe, or whoever was Chancellor] saying that inflation and unemployment were a price worth paying to sort out the economic mess when we were paying interest rates at 15%.

Nowt changes with them. In a year or two, when these cuts have bitten, this govt is going to be massively unpopular and also typically Tory, they won't understand why.

Anything but an increase in income tax, because THAT is what hurts themselves and their political allies and friends.

Norman Lamont.

Aye, it's 'funny' how it's no longer the bankers' fault, it's the bloated public sector to blame. The "we're all in this together" is sickening crack from a bloke with a £4m+ trust fund as well.

Aye, it's 'funny' how it's no longer the bankers' fault, it's the bloated public sector to blame. The "we're all in this together" is sickening crack from a bloke with a £4m+ trust fund as well.

TBF Labour did a good job of making it look like it was solely a banking crisis. It makes for great copy, that's for sure. The economic downturn is cyclical, the lax regulation on banks meant there was no buffer and the whole monetary system was threatened because banks couldn't cope with the losses when the 'originate and distribute' market and wholesale funding dried up. Madmen were allowed to build empires, all with the approval of the Govt who counted the tens of billions in corporation tax receipts and the major UK pension funds who were pushing them to grow at abnormal rates in order to help plug those earning gaps in their schemes.

TBF Labour did a good job of making it look like it was solely a banking crisis. It makes for great copy, that's for sure. The economic downturn is cyclical, the lax regulation on banks meant there was no buffer and the whole monetary system was threatened because banks couldn't cope with the losses when the 'originate and distribute' market and wholesale funding dried up. Madmen were allowed to build empires, all with the approval of the Govt who counted the tens of billions in corporation tax receipts and the major UK pension funds who were pushing them to grow at abnormal rates in order to help plug those earning gaps in their schemes.

I appreciate there's a middle ground like and Labour shoulder a canny bit of the blame. Seems unfair that a lot of people who weren't to blame are the ones paying for it though.

The Tories are just using the economic position to push through their ideologies. It's all cut, cut cut. They need to come up with how the private sector is going to providing all these jobs that have been cut.

I'm not sure the UK is positioned to make shifts taken in the 80/90s when the traditional industries fell. That's why we've been relying on the public sector and to an equal extent, an oversized financial sector. We need to hear much more on the re-employment story.

Edited by Matt

The Tories are just using the economic position to push through their ideologies. It's all cut, cut cut. They need to come up with how the private sector is going to providing all these jobs that have been cut.

I'm not sure the UK is positioned to make shifts taken in the 80/90s when the traditional industries fell. That's why we've been relying on the public sector and to an equal extent, an oversized financial sector. We need to hear much more on the re-employment story.

The tories "cut cut cut" policy applies to both spending and taxes. It's a more balanced approach than Labours "spend spend spend" without the tax increases that need to go hand in hand with that in order to pay for it and to counteract tory tax cuts that have seen the top rate halved in the last few decades.

Edited by Happy Face

Are these the same tution fees that should be paid for with student loans instead of on getting shitfaced, loafing in pubs, buying video games, going to festivals, etc?