How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Got an email from the gym because I suddenly stopped going and haven't been for weeks, feel like I need to provide a Drs note and apologise. :(

ps. I thought the eccentric part was when you do it dressed like this fountain-eccentric-50.3.jpg

Gemmill, wait until you're on to unassisted wide gripped pull ups. one of the best excercises going. good work for trying them out. the key to going unassisted is to decrease the resistance and up the reps each week. after about 2-3 months you should have built up enough strength to go unassisted. then the challenge is to take at least 5 seconds in the eccentric phase. killer excercise and one that will lead to massive gains.

What's the eccentric bit mean? I'm just doing 4 sets of naturally decreasing reps - I.e. as many as I can. When you say decrease the resistance, do you mean decrease the assistance (so make it heavier)? And try to do more each weak at a heavier weight?

in a nutshell. Try to make the eccentic phase (negative/decline) as slow as possible then pull up and hold for a second at the top.

Decreasing assistance every week will help you add strength and size ... as will adding reps.

I can't recommend this excercise enough, particularly if you do them wide gripped - great for biceps and for giving you that v shaped back.

If you're getting into pullups you really ought to be doing deadlifts, squats,bench, clean and press and bent over row all with free weights (the daddy excercises).... if you're not already

Gemmill, wait until you're on to unassisted wide gripped pull ups. one of the best excercises going. good work for trying them out. the key to going unassisted is to decrease the resistance and up the reps each week. after about 2-3 months you should have built up enough strength to go unassisted. then the challenge is to take at least 5 seconds in the eccentric phase. killer excercise and one that will lead to massive gains.

What's the eccentric bit mean? I'm just doing 4 sets of naturally decreasing reps - I.e. as many as I can. When you say decrease the resistance, do you mean decrease the assistance (so make it heavier)? And try to do more each weak at a heavier weight?

in a nutshell. Try to make the eccentic phase (negative/decline) as slow as possible then pull up and hold for a second at the top.

Decreasing assistance every week will help you add strength and size ... as will adding reps.

I can't recommend this excercise enough, particularly if you do them wide gripped - great for biceps and for giving you that v shaped back.

If you're getting into pullups you really ought to be doing deadlifts, squats,bench, clean and press and bent over row all with free weights (the daddy excercises).... if you're not already

I do squats, bench press and a barbell row, but not all of it. I'd probably get too nails if I did all of it.

Nah I only really do this cos it's 5 minutes from my desk and it's something constructive to do over lunch. When I have to go out of my way to do something active, it never happens.

You ever been to a climbing wall Gemmill, top workout, and more fun than a gym.

I'm doing two hours a week at the moment. I'm fucking shit at it mind (most of it looks impossible) but still enjoying it. Going to try the Byker one next and then maybe some outside stuff.

Guest LeazesLad

ir6lb4.jpg

My scales are notoriously shite, got weighed in town today and I was concerned I'd be 16st, cos I've really piled it on like. So happy days. I envy people who like 30st, and their face stays thin as fuck. I put a stone on and it changes me fuckin face. Happy days though 10 more pounds and I'll be happy.

Guest LeazesLad
... and 1 ounce. :(

That's the belt on me jeans. :( To be fair I would've done a boxers striptease to get another pound off.

I'm doing two hours a week at the moment. I'm fucking shit at it mind (most of it looks impossible) but still enjoying it. Going to try the Byker one next and then maybe some outside stuff.

Which one have you been going to Renton?

Beginners course on the Berghaus wall in Eldon square (very handy for me). Only 4 metres but most of it is concave.....

Beginners course on the Berghaus wall in Eldon square (very handy for me). Only 4 metres but most of it is concave.....

So you can fit your kite in it?

ir6lb4.jpg

My scales are notoriously shite, got weighed in town today and I was concerned I'd be 16st, cos I've really piled it on like. So happy days. I envy people who like 30st, and their face stays thin as fuck. I put a stone on and it changes me fuckin face. Happy days though 10 more pounds and I'll be happy.

Ah the Weigh House. :( I was in there this morning too. Got months worth of those little ticket things.

Guest LeazesLad
ir6lb4.jpg

Ah the Weigh House. :( I was in there this morning too. Got months worth of those little ticket things.

Aye I told her not to tell me if it was over 15 7, she reminds me of Dennis' sister off AWP. It's goin up to 30p, 30p to stand on some scales.

ir6lb4.jpg

Aye I told her not to tell me if it was over 15 7, she reminds me of Dennis' sister off AWP. It's goin up to 30p, 30p to stand on some scales.

The posters about that went up a few weeks back then disappeared for a bit. When she put them back up she said all the old dears had kicked right off about the price increase so they'd had a rethink then decided to continue. :(