How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Apologies if it's been discussed before etc. (and I'm sure it must have been), but do any of you gym bunnies ever go to spin classes? Any cop? I've been going to my gym for a few years now and never done any of the classes, which is daft since they're in with the price, and something involving cycling seems to make the most sense.

They keep trying to rope me into one of them like, which I might do soon just to shut them up.

It does look quite good but they do it in different difficulties in our place, and the top level on a Friday night looks canny painful. If you have a look through the window everyone has a proper nasty grimace on. Like they're holding in a log.

I did Body Pump once, that was canny, but it's always fully booked now.

It does look quite good but they do it in different difficulties in our place, and the top level on a Friday night looks canny painful. If you have a look through the window everyone has a proper nasty grimace on. Like they're holding in a log.

:D Aye, one of the nights here is "Intermediate/Advanced". Can't say I'm in any great rush to graduate...

Spinning's meant to be great. What scares me about it is all of the shouting, and the fact that I can't just get off the bike and walk out when I've had enough of being shouted at.

I think that's the idea. :D

It's the same reason i couldn't join the army. 5 minutes of being shouted at for not cleaning my shoes, and I'd be like fuck this, I'm going home.

Spinning is great. I started about 3 months ago and go 2-3 times a week. Great for fitness.

Give it a shot, you'll realise it's much better than any other cardio you're doing.

You should do it in your wrestling gear.

Spinning is great. I started about 3 months ago and go 2-3 times a week. Great for fitness.

Give it a shot, you'll realise it's much better than any other cardio you're doing.

You should do it in your wrestling gear.

You'd need one of these :D

old_fashioned_bicycle.jpg

Spinning's meant to be great. What scares me about it is all of the shouting, and the fact that I can't just get off the bike and walk out when I've had enough of being shouted at.

aye and do the walk of shame past the class. it makes you stay in your seat.

it's good craic though. awesome for burning fat plus you can go at your own pace to begin with. you don't have to put on as much resistance on the bike as the instructor wants you to at the start until you build up your fitness levels.

I'm gonna give a class a go tonight instead of swimming. I gave up on my usual post-weights run yesterday - legs were still burning after sprinting the length of the hospital at 5am to a paediatric arrest call, after the squats then the rest of my routine I had no energy left whatsoever.

I'm gonna give a class a go tonight instead of swimming. I gave up on my usual post-weights run yesterday - legs were still burning after sprinting the length of the hospital at 5am to a paediatric arrest call, after the squats then the rest of my routine I had no energy left whatsoever.

Well my legs feel like they've been slammed in a door but I didn't feel myself getting too out of breath, or feel tired afterwards. Not exactly what I wanted or expected really. I found the whole gear thing a bit odd - there were times where it seemed far too gentle - to the extent that I couldn't control it enough to stand up - and times where it was far too stiff, so after a while I more or less gave up on listening to the guys instructions and twiddled the thing at random.

May give it another go but I think I'll stick to swimming or my near-heart attack inducing 10 minute hill run.

Sounds like the bike you were on wasn't great.

You'll generally be asked to start at level 3, I.e. a scale of 1-10 difficulty. There should be a discernible difference between each level.

Sounds like the bike you were on wasn't great.

You'll generally be asked to start at level 3, I.e. a scale of 1-10 difficulty. There should be a discernible difference between each level.

The gears don't have levels - just a dial that you screw on/off to make it tighter - all seemed very arbitrary.

My gut still aches from my core workout a week ago, think I have a slight hernia tbh. Hasn't stopped me doing my compound lifts or stretching, just leaving out the core exercises for now. Might start on some more cardio and do some runs. I like the Marvin Hagler technique of running backwards in mountain boots. Gets you some looks.

Spin, you say? As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball, but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward, upward not forward and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

Abortion for some, miniature flags for all.