How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Right, the results are in. I've synced my run with the computer and my time has been downgraded to 8min 11s.

However, that twat has just recorded 7min 53s. :D

I'll have to whack the speed up next Friday. This could end in a coronary.

Just burn through it Ct, then when you're finished try as few warming down stretches. Nothing fancy.

You mentioned looking for a healthy curry-try some of the Indian ones that don't involve cream. They're stock-based and full of spices-using chicken breast/onions. I'm not the best with nutrition etc, but aside from the stock in the salt, I can't think of much unhealthy to it. Maybe try a cardamon chicken curry or a chicken bhuna. I'll lash up a recipe if you're interested.

Just burn through it Ct, then when you're finished try as few warming down stretches. Nothing fancy.

You mentioned looking for a healthy curry-try some of the Indian ones that don't involve cream. They're stock-based and full of spices-using chicken breast/onions. I'm not the best with nutrition etc, but aside from the stock in the salt, I can't think of much unhealthy to it. Maybe try a cardamon chicken curry or a chicken bhuna. I'll lash up a recipe if you're interested.

Cheers for that and yes to the recipe.

I also picked up a classic balti recipe book in a charity shop a few days ago and they also look pretty healthy at first glance.

I'll dig out the recipe as I haven't made it for ages (great for veggies too), but I often make a chickpea curry.

Cardamom Chicken Curry

serves 2-3

Pour 5tbs of olive oil into a large, wide pan over high heat.

When hot add 2 thumb-sized sticks of cinnamon and 8 cardamom pods

10 seconds later add 2 diced chicken breasts

Once the chicken has started to cook stir in 2 chopped cloves of garlic

Add 2 tbs ground coriander, 1 tbs ground cumin, 1/4teaspoon tumeric and 1/2teaspoon of cayenne pepper

Now add 2 medium sized tomatoes(chopped)

Once the tomatoes begin to soften, pour 1 litre of chicken stock into the pan

Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and bring to the boil.

Cover and cook over a medium heat for 15minutes

Remove the cover and turn the heat to high, stirring occasionally until it has thickened.

The cayenne pepper gives it the heat, so if you like spicey food add a bit more. It's suitable for kids if you leave out the cayenne.

It's absolutely packed with flavour, takes very little time to make too. It'd go great with your onion bhaji's, I'm not sure what else you could serve it with if you were trying to avoid white rice. The first time I made it, I reduced it down too much, so added a bit more stock and a small amount extra of the spices. All of the ingredients are available in Tesco's(they have a good range of spices).

Edited by Barney

I'll dig out the recipe as I haven't made it for ages (great for veggies too), but I often make a chickpea curry.

Sounds good-do you soak chickpeas overnight?

I really like making Indian curries at the minute. Healthy and very easy to cook. When I got back from Thailand years ago, I was piling on the weight with the coconut milk based stuff.

Cardamom Chicken Curry

serves 2-3

Pour 5tbs of olive oil into a large, wide pan over high heat.

When hot add 2 thumb-sized sticks of cinnamon and 8 cardamom pods

10 seconds later add 2 diced chicken breasts

Once the chicken has started to cook stir in 2 chopped cloves of garlic

Add 2 tbs ground coriander, 1 tbs ground cumin, 1/4teaspoon tumeric and 1/2teaspoon of cayenne pepper

Now add 2 medium sized tomatoes(chopped)

Once the tomatoes begin to soften, pour 1 litre of chicken stock into the pan

Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and bring to the boil.

Cover and cook over a medium heat for 15minutes

Remove the cover and turn the heat to high, stirring occasionally until it has thickened.

The cayenne pepper gives it the heat, so if you like spicey food add a bit more. It's suitable for kids if you leave out the cayenne.

It's absolutely packed with flavour, takes very little time to make too. It'd go great with your onion bhaji's, I'm not sure what else you could serve it with if you were trying to avoid white rice. The first time I made it, I reduced it down too much, so added a bit more stock and a small amount extra of the spices. All of the ingredients are available in Tesco's(they have a good range of spices).

Looks nowt bad in there so I'll give that a balst (as soon as I can drag my hungover arse to the supermarket).

Guest LeazesLad
Asda Boldon = full of mackem tramps

I signed up in June 2006 and this is the truest statement I've read on here. There's a thread somewhere on here discussing it.

Dan - what warm up/cooling down excerises do you use?

Usually 5 mins warm up - usually skipping sometimes treadmill or row machine

Warm down is ten minute stretch .... Not always time for this admittedly if I'm training at lunch.

Day of Destiny

Will two matches, copious amounts of Alcohol and the Cheeseburger incident take their toll?

unsure?

Just had a quick squeeze of the moobs and they dont seem as plentiful as they once were. If they were on a lass I would be disappointed.

Might try and squeeze in a last chance workout as the legs feel a bit better today.

The importance CT places on these weigh-ins sums up how he's approaching this all wrong iyam.

Life is all about rewards. The weigh in is simply my reward / confirmation that the changes I have made are working.

I know some people seem to struggle with this idea, but the weekly weigh in is that bit of motivation at the back of your mind that helps keep you on the straight and narrow when temptation to revert yo your old habits sets in.

Last night I was desperate to get a indian so decided to try and make bombay aloo instead.

Bear in mind its not just about eating healthily for me, I also have a couple of stone that I want to shift so the sooner its gone the better imo.

Just had a gorgeous long walk around the local meadow which was covered in frost. Lovely cold fresh air in the lungs.

Then did 20 minutes on the treadmill while watching A Knight to Remember. First 5 minutes had very watery eyes.

Just had a gorgeous long walk around the local meadow which was covered in frost. Lovely cold fresh air in the lungs.

Then did 20 minutes on the treadmill while watching A Knight to Remember. First 5 minutes had very watery eyes.

Now he's resorted to crying to shed pounds for this weigh-in. Fuck me!

The importance CT places on these weigh-ins sums up how he's approaching this all wrong iyam.

Life is all about rewards. The weigh in is simply my reward / confirmation that the changes I have made are working.

I know some people seem to struggle with this idea, but the weekly weigh in is that bit of motivation at the back of your mind that helps keep you on the straight and narrow when temptation to revert yo your old habits sets in.

Last night I was desperate to get a indian so decided to try and make bombay aloo instead.

Bear in mind its not just about eating healthily for me, I also have a couple of stone that I want to shift so the sooner its gone the better imo.

Yeah, that had never occurred to me :(

CT you should look into high intensity interval training. 2J sent me a link to it. It's a much more effective approach to fat burning than just steady state cardio. More interesting too. And you don't have to spend as long on the treadmill.

CT you should look into high intensity interval training. 2J sent me a link to it. It's a much more effective approach to fat burning than just steady state cardio. More interesting too. And you don't have to spend as long on the treadmill.

Can you send met that link Gemmill ? Ta

Edited by Holden McGroin