How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

I didn't want to buy any scales. :( It's always empty when I go in apart from a few people chatting to the lass there.

Why not?

I'd probably weigh myself every day if they were just sitting there and I don't want to do that.

My training has been brilliant for a while, my fitness is at it's best. My eating was 90% very good but I kept having chocolate and crisps ruining all the good work through the day.

Did this thing at work where I basically have a target not to eat either for the rest of the month (think it was 35 days in total from when I started), just gone a week without them.

Must be about 400 calories a day saved, 2800 a week. Such a little change makes such a big difference. Others at work are supposed to be doing the same but they are waiting for lent, it's good others know about it so I can stay motivated. It really has helped me not think "ah fuck it" and going for it.

I know it's something so small but it really was my downfall.

The problems is, a lot of you "young uns" are eating way to much, but LUCKILY, burning it off in the gym. When the gym sessions stop, as they will at some point, the over eating will catch up.

:(

When did yours start?

You've got to eat plenty throughout the day, just not deep fried prawns and brown bread on the theory that it's slightly better than takeaways and burger buns. I'm not heavily into all this but I know better than to starve myself and then have a big fry-up. I might even get something to eat now since I'm peckish, just not carbs or it'll all go to my hips.

I'm surprised half the people posting in here have the time to do anything but exercise. By the time you've exercised, showered and preened, eaten, measured yourself, weighed yourself, admired yourself in the mirror several times, had a wank (cos goddamn you're looking good), had a shit, caught shit and measured stool, took pic of stool and texted it to mates for comment on size and quality, posted updates on exercise regime on here, conferred with fellow gym buddies and personal trainer, there can't be a lot of time left over for normal life.

It's a day's work in itself :(

After doing 2 rounds of exercise today (bowling and golf) I've decided to join a gym and start playing tennis

I aim to lose 25 stone but haven't got a job, so I will be going to weight watchers for free :(

I'm surprised half the people posting in here have the time to do anything but exercise. By the time you've exercised, showered and preened, eaten, measured yourself, weighed yourself, admired yourself in the mirror several times, had a wank (cos goddamn you're looking good), had a shit, caught shit and measured stool, took pic of stool and texted it to mates for comment on size and quality, posted updates on exercise regime on here, conferred with fellow gym buddies and personal trainer, there can't be a lot of time left over for normal life.

It's a day's work in itself :(

Excellent stuff Kitman :(

The problems is, a lot of you "young uns" are eating way to much, but LUCKILY, burning it off in the gym. When the gym sessions stop, as they will at some point, the over eating will catch up.

Other way round for me, my gym sessions started precisely because of the overeating. I'm sure that's true of a lot of people who weren't particularly active as kids - there comes a point where your metabolism doesn't do what it used to (and it's not as if I was ever stick-thin in the first place). Fortunately, exercising a bit and eating a bit more healthily aren't the hardest things in the world once you start to see the results and get the motivation that brings - it doesn't mean having to become a soulless GymBot. :(

Other way round for me, my gym sessions started precisely because of the overeating. I'm sure that's true of a lot of people who weren't particularly active as kids - there comes a point where your metabolism doesn't do what it used to (and it's not as if I was ever stick-thin in the first place). Fortunately, exercising a bit and eating a bit more healthily aren't the hardest things in the world once you start to see the results and get the motivation that brings - it doesn't mean having to become a soulless GymBot. :(

My point really (and I appreciate what you're saying).

If we take the Gemmil example, (and dont take this personally Gemmil).

Nearly every night he's cooking some delicious Jamie Oliver offering. While not the worst food in the world, those meals if combined with a normal breakfast lunch and a few treats , will produce a serious amount of calories. Because he is blasting the gym daily, the extra calories are being burned off and he should be keeping the weight off.

By his own admission he has usually dwindled from the gym by March and it is at this point the calories will suddenly start to turn to fat.

By bashing the gym it is allowing him to "cheat" the system.

Add into this the fact that when your younger, you are naturally more energetic and your metabolism works better. When you are older, you are basically fucked. :(

I appreciate they're are exceptions to the rule.

No, going to the gym isn't cheating the system, that's keeping yourself healthy and fit which allows him to be a bit more lenient with what he eats because he's got a consistent exercise schedule.

You miss the point. He readily admits (as do a few others), that the exercise is not a permanent thing and is usually a short lived occurrence, hence the eating habits the current gym work outs are allowing, will have to be knocked on the head once they cease.

Nearly every night he's cooking some delicious Jamie Oliver offering. While not the worst food in the world, those meals if combined with a normal breakfast lunch and a few treats , will produce a serious amount of calories. Because he is blasting the gym daily, the extra calories are being burned off and he should be keeping the weight off.

By his own admission he has usually dwindled from the gym by March and it is at this point the calories will suddenly start to turn to fat.

Add into this the fact that when your younger, you are naturally more energetic and your metabolism works better. When you are older, you are basically fucked. :(

So you're basically saying people get fatter when they get older because they exercise less and their metabolism slows down? Isn't that a bit obvious?

No, going to the gym isn't cheating the system, that's keeping yourself healthy and fit which allows him to be a bit more lenient with what he eats because he's got a consistent exercise schedule.

You miss the point. He readily admits (as do a few others), that the exercise is not a permanent thing and is usually a short lived occurrence, hence the eating habits the current gym work outs are allowing, will have to be knocked on the head once they cease.

Yes, I too have observed how young people eat and drink too much, yet don't put on weight. Funny that :(

Gemmill's not young like.

So you're basically saying people get fatter when they get older because they exercise less and their metabolism slows down? Isn't that a bit obvious?

To us older fatter ones but not some of the young pups on here. :icon_lol:

Gemmill's not young like.

I thought he was late 20's early 30's......which I assure you in this discussion is young.

If hes in his 40's then fucking hats off to him. :icon_lol:

To us older fatter ones but not some of the young pups on here. :(

Speak for yourself, I'm as skinny as a rake. And I've just had a kebab for lunch :(

To us older fatter ones but not some of the young pups on here. :D

Speak for yourself, I'm as skinny as a rake. And I've just had a kebab for lunch :icon_lol:

How old are you Kitman?

To us older fatter ones but not some of the young pups on here. :D

Speak for yourself, I'm as skinny as a rake. And I've just had a kebab for lunch :icon_lol:

How old are you Kitman?

A youthful 43. Born in the Summer of Love :)