How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Planks can absolutely fuck off. :lol: I always feel like my core is made of jelly and I'm about to die, to then realise it's only been about 5 seconds.

I found them the easiest bit ( if I was doing them right). It was like "get in, I can do nowt for 30 seconds". :lol:

Sceptically tried it for the first time today and was surprised who knackered I was after 7 minutes.

Really love the fact that something so quick and accessible to do can have that sort of effect.

Working out like a beast for 10-20 minutes with the odd quick break to catch your breath is way more effective than running unbroken for an hour at a steady, easy pace, which is how a lot of people train. Who has time for that anyway? A short,sharp blast is what it's all about.

I found them the easiest bit ( if I was doing them right). It was like "get in, I can do nowt for 30 seconds". :lol:

Doing it wrong then. Watch a YouTube video for form guide. I guess you'll be convulsing after about 10 seconds of holding a plank with correct form.

Woke up this morning and could feel the effects of yesterday's workout right across the bottom of my belly. This turned to agony as I completed today's workout.

Worst part is the push ups. For some reason I'm really struggling and ended up doing fatty push-ups with knees on the floor :lol: The shame.

If your stomach is bad today, it'll be even worse tomorrow. Just part of getting back into exercise unfortunately. Keep it up, but expect it to feel like you've torn every muscle in your stomach tomorrow. :lol:

Aye, I gave one of those 7 minute workouts a bash yesterday after seeing your post, CT and they are the devil's work. I kept laughing during the planks though because the picture is hilarious. Looks like that statue of the bloke lying on his elbow in the town.

:lol:

I thought it was a piece of piss yesterday but it owned me today.

The beauty of it is the fact it's 7 minutes and you require no equipment (or clothes for that matter) means there really is no excuse not to do it every day.

Expecting to be ripped and wearing muscle t shirts shortly.

Yeah, 7 minutes of exercise a day, whatever it is, isn't going to have you ripped anytime soon. There's a reason those Insanity type workouts are 30-40 minutes long

It's a myth that you have to do long cardio sessions to burn loads of calories. Something like this only takes 10-15 minutes and will shred fat fast.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QCqWeAL2xb4

Absolutely gutted. Training lately has been spot on. Four mornings a week at 6.30am before work for an hour each, then I do Karate and thats been 2-3 nights a week each an hour. Feeling as strong and fit as I have in ages and then yesterday I pull up mid sprint. Off to see docs later but feels like Ive pulled my lower groin. Walking so gingerly today theres old people behind me tutting. I know doc will just say take pain killers and rest for 4-6 weeks. Fuck.

gutting, i hate picking up niggles, but might not be as bad as you first fear. i did my back a few months back. i thought i'd done my disc or something, i was in so much pain, could barely walk for about a week. but i was fine a couple of weeks later and back down the gym in no time. go see a physio, as they'll have a better idea than a gp. mine said to rest and stretch it out. i did and it sorted itself out before long.