How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

I've had some 5km runs close to 20 mins but i am convinced the GPS in my phone (via the app) is shit so was over-estimating distance.

Sub 19 mins is a very good time for an old Irish hippy who runs in a mankini.

:lol: cunt.

most people say they prefer running outdoors. Cold air plays havoc on my asthma-riddled lungs though, and I find that I'm completely incapable of pacing myself correctly. I start off like a lunatic and I'm blowing out my arse after 1km.

I went for my first post-holiday run this morning which was a massive fail. :lol: Did about 2.1 miles and felt absolutely battered so gave up straight away and walked home. Poor effort, but I know I can do better once I've had a few more days of eating right (and more importantly, no alcohol) so I'll get back into it. Unsure at the moment whether to do the gym or another run tomorrow, will see what mood I wake up in.

I went for my first post-holiday run this morning which was a massive fail. :lol: Did about 2.1 miles and felt absolutely battered so gave up straight away and walked home. Poor effort, but I know I can do better once I've had a few more days of eating right (and more importantly, no alcohol) so I'll get back into it. Unsure at the moment whether to do the gym or another run tomorrow, will see what mood I wake up in.

Nowt wrong with running 2 miles

Nowt wrong with running 2 miles

I set out intending to do at least 4 and probably closer to 7 so it was a bit of an annoyance.

Still, better than doing nowt, and I did walk about 4 miles later on in the day.

All my suits used to be 36'' trousers as the 34s were a bit snug. I've had to drop £200 on a new suit and shoes today for an interview and a wedding next week! 32'' waist now, I'm like a biafran!

My suit trousers and jeans are 34s. Jeans I can take off without undoing the button, suit trousers is like wearing a too small whale bone corset. Why?

My suit trousers and jeans are 34s. Jeans I can take off without undoing the button, suit trousers is like wearing a too small whale bone corset. Why?

I've always had to buy a size bigger in suit trousers than jeans. Big variation for some reason

I've always had to buy a size bigger in suit trousers than jeans. Big variation for some reason

The 'rise' on a suit trouser is much longer than a pair of jeans. That's the distance from the crotch to the waistband. A suit trouser should be and usually is higher on the waist. A jeans is worn lower on the hips and therefore usually sits below any stomach bulge. You can't do that with a suit.

Ooh, suits you sir.

I'm either the coolest or gayest person on a treadmill when there's music on :lol:

CT, check your PM's for your 'ok, so I'm Gay. What next?' welcome pack. It includes footballers rainbow laces, David Beckham and Zanetti pics and Meenzer's guide to the Eurovision song contest amongst others.

:good:

Ran my first 5k in under 19 minutes at my lunch break. I knocked about 30seconds off my best time(19:24 -> 18:50) and felt I had more in the tank as I put in a decent shift in the bootcamp straight after. Pleased with that, might see if I can do better tomorrow.

UNINTERESTING UPDATE : Got this down to 18:23 today before spin class.