How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Another milestone!

Under 13 stone (at last) :)

13-12

I've definitely got this excess weight on the run now like. A bit like packing in smoking it takes a while to find something that's right for you but when you do it's fairly simple.

The "lifestyle change" diets have certainly helped over the years (as has this place) which has resulted in small changes rather than some fad routine.

While Im not or will never eat like Dr Gloom (nuts and seeds etc), I have cut a lot of crap out but still feel confident enough to eat some shit now and again.

I also have a bit of a scale habit, however for me that just keeps me on my toes.

I am no longer obese on the BMI scale and don't dream about being sub 12 stone, I actually know I'll be there fairly soon.

Good luck to the rest of you fighting the flab. :)

Another milestone!

13-12

I've definitely got this excess weight on the run now like. A bit like packing in smoking it takes a while to find something that's right for you but when you do it's fairly simple.

The "lifestyle change" diets have certainly helped over the years (as has this place) which has resulted in small changes rather than some fad routine.

While Im not or will never eat like Dr Gloom (nuts and seeds etc), I have cut a lot of crap out but still feel confident enough to eat some shit now and again.

I also have a bit of a scale habit, however for me that just keeps me on my toes.

I am no longer obese on the BMI scale and don't dream about being sub 12 stone, I actually know I'll be there fairly soon.

Any yet you're forever posting about Chinese banquets and lasagne with a side of potatoes and a buttered white slice.

I'm going to need Stevie style progress pics or its bullshit.

Actually, ignore that request - I don't think the board is ready for a CT topless selfie.

Another milestone!

13-12

:lol:

Any yet you're forever posting about Chinese banquets and lasagne with a side of potatoes and a buttered white slice.

I'm going to need Stevie style progress pics or its bullshit.

Actually, ignore that request - I don't think the board is ready for a CT topless selfie.

:lol:

I watch these "Help a fat bloke / lass get healthy" programs. There is a real valid point that the bloke keeps making.

- Health

- Job

- Social Life

- House

- Holidays

- Friends

Which of those is the most important? It should be Health over and above anything else. Its the one thing that defines your mortality and without it, the other things on the list are irrelevant.

Oh, and I eat 15-20g of Seeds and 50-75g of nuts every day :lol:

Health can be overrated.

Why would anyone want to live a miserable existence for longer?

Holidays, house and social life are all reliant upon job, so it could be argued that work should be the priority in that list.

You can't work without your health.

If you're not in good health you're fucked in so many ways...if your first thought in the morning when you wake up is "is my body going to let me get to work today?" then its affecting everything, chiefly your earning potential.

I went to the doctor yesterday morning, my backs been giving me a bit of jip lately, to the extent that its tricky getting out of bed some mornings. She started out by saying "mid forties now, you really need to take more excercise, walking 45mins 5 days a week would be good for you etc etc"..then I took my shirt off and she gave my spine a quick once over; "err...am sending you for an x ray, your spine appears to be a bit mis-shapen" :lol:

Fuck knows whats wrong, but if I dont give it some attention it can only get worse. So..since I turned 40 I've had my gall bladder out, been diagnosed with chronic asthma and this year developed hay fever. And now this.It feels like I'm falling to fuckin bits. Am not unduly down about this, but if it starts to affect work then it would obviously be pretty bad. I'm self employed so no sick pay or paid time off for appointments etc.

Sorry to hear that fella. I agree in that I think when you start getting >40 you start to realise you're not invincible and you need to start looking after yourself a bit. I have a fucked knee and after months of swimming in circles through the NHS getting bounced from pillar to post I was eventually told "you're just getting old" :lol:

you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. you either don't do any exercise and eat junk, preparing the way for an early dose of heart disease.

or you hit the gym and need your hip replacing in your mid 40s like Heston Blumenthal!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2388446/Heston-Blumenthal-given-hip-replacement-age-47-decades-slaving-kitchen-takes-toll.html

Edited by Dr Gloom

Happiness is far more important than health.

Of course the right balance of everything is ideal but usually never attainable.

You need to think about that in greater depth ;)

If you're not in good health you're fucked in so many ways...if your first thought in the morning when you wake up is "is my body going to let me get to work today?" then its affecting everything, chiefly your earning potential.

I went to the doctor yesterday morning, my backs been giving me a bit of jip lately, to the extent that its tricky getting out of bed some mornings. She started out by saying "mid forties now, you really need to take more excercise, walking 45mins 5 days a week would be good for you etc etc"..then I took my shirt off and she gave my spine a quick once over; "err...am sending you for an x ray, your spine appears to be a bit mis-shapen" :lol:

Fuck knows whats wrong, but if I dont give it some attention it can only get worse. So..since I turned 40 I've had my gall bladder out, been diagnosed with chronic asthma and this year developed hay fever. And now this.It feels like I'm falling to fuckin bits. Am not unduly down about this, but if it starts to affect work then it would obviously be pretty bad. I'm self employed so no sick pay or paid time off for appointments etc.

If things get worse for you can I have your away tickets? ;)

(Hope it gets sorted, mate.)

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

I think I started to think deeply about death when I was around 36, yes you want to live as long as you can but you also want to fill your life with love, family & friendships. A long life accumulates more memories of these things but only if they are there to start with. I'd rather 60 years filled with great joy than 80 years full of pain and loneliness.

I think I started to think deeply about death when I was around 36, yes you want to live as long as you can but you also want to fill your life with love, family & friendships. A long life accumulates more memories of these things but only if they are there to start with. I'd rather 60 years filled with great joy than 80 years full of pain and loneliness.

Same here.

I have a feeling all this 'exercise' is about something else. ;)

*pats beer belly.

Spot on

6ft2 and 14st7 today again. That'll dee. Bramble is 9lbs heavier and an inch smaller and he's a Premier League footballer. Mind his cock is 12 inches though allegedly

Its all about find a balance isnt it. I'd rather 80 years filled with great joy :)

My kids are 3+5 and I'm 41. So I hopefully have 15 or so years where I need to be active with them and having fun as I am now. That then makes me near 55. Then after a few years rest hopefully I'll start seeing grandkids. I certainly dont want to be early 60s and look like Im near 70 and struggling to keep up. I want to be thinking of retiring then and seeing more of the world and keep bashing up hills etc AND spending time with grand kids but not just stuck in a chair.

If that's what you took from my post its a shame. I'll simplify: longevity is not the goal.

My grandma died a couple of months back at the age of 103. She spent the last few years with a very low quality of life. I think, given the choice, she might have traded off those last few years for an extra few years earlier in her life with better mobility or ability to enjoy life.

Sure, a long life full of joy, family and friendships is what we all want. However, the idea that longevity does not come at the expense of foregone pleasure is a nonsense. When I see cooking posts saying 'yummy I just had brown rice & mungo bean bake, topped with a delicious carrot rapé and non-oil based dressing' I think aye, sounds alright but if you think that's 'yummy' then you need a tour of European restaurants with me. That tour will not be good for longevity. Wine, red meat, cheese etc all come with a trade off.

The point being the best things in life are not free but you've got to find a balance. One element of that balance is not being a boring cunt who talks endlessly about their gym visits. That is the sort of person who turns up at a party and talks about the drive there and the parking. This person may live longer but is ultimately wasting the planet's oxygen resources.