Newcastle United 1-2 Blackburn Rovers

Guest WDP

:dunno: I love all the comments from you lot describing us as a "bottom half team".

We've finished top half 4 out of the last 5 seasons, the only exception being when we inexplicably hired Paul Ince one summer, though good job we had Big Sam to save us.

Last night was a fairly poor match all round but it's hardly like we played "anti football" - we were comfortably the better side in the first half, yes you were on top in the second but we won thanks to us having a much better defence than yourselves so it was fully deserved. Where was your free flowing football last night? As I recall Robbo didn't have to make a single save apart from the goal you scored. I'm fairly sure punching someone in the chest is "anti football" and you were very lucky to get away with that.

Big deal, you won at the Emirates. Hull did that one season and almost got relegated (and did the season afterwards). Burnley had a great start last season and got relegated too.

Don't get ideas above your station, you've started the season well no doubt, but losing against a TOP HALF team every now and then at home should be par for the course for you lot right now.

You are in the bottom half.

When we come to your place will you be expecting to win or lose? You'll be expecting to win. As last night demonstrated, there is very little between the sides. So if you expect to win at yours, we'll expect to win at ours. Deconstruct the logic in that or shut the fuck up tbh.

Table now means fuck all. We're two points off fifth, where you are FFS - you're clearly not a top five side are you? We're a point behind Spurs but they're a much better side than us (and yourselves).

Last night you were the team at home, we were the team away from home. If there's not that much between the sides when you're at home, and if you can only trouble our keeper once over 90 minutes at home then we should beat you pretty comfortably at Ewood.

Oh dear, have you not even thought before writing that! The whole point of this thread is we struggle to break down teams like your lot at home, away from home we've beaten Arsenal, West Ham, Everton, Chelsea in the cup and drawn at Wolves because we are set up to do that. At home even fat sam might try and actually play for a win and we'll try to take advnatage of that.

And bookmark this if you like, i'll happilly say right now we'll finish above you come the end of the season, though we won't stay in fifth!

Our away record under Sam on the whole has been fairly poor, however under Sam we've lost 5 matches at home in just under two years.

Good luck with that whole winning at Ewood thing...

fuckin hell. I went to Blackburn for Kevin Keegans first away game as a player, and there was a crowd of about 8,000 half of which were Newcastle supporters.

Jack Walker certainly got you lot out of your armchairs - and most of you have pissed off back where you came from since.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D at the 56 year old man having a pop (apropos of nothing) at me for not being at the match. Fifty six years old man.

Well. You do have a bit of a gob like :dunno: So what stops you going ?

Nowt. And I rarely post at all on football or anything else tbh. I would if I still went, but I don't.

I won't state the obvious then, and be accused of hijacking the thread.

Needless to say, if you choose not to go to games and have the capability to go quite easily because you live in the area and have the money, your opinion counts for jack shit.

More points pissed away to a bottom half team we really should be beating, especially at home.

Seems to be becoming a habit this season.

What a dumb post - does that make it 5 wins at Sid James on the trot for BRFC?

Explain why you 'really should be beating' BRFC? You got snuffed out and stopped from playing.

I hate Allardyce almost as much as you guys, but he did a good job for once last night.

We should have won the game from the position we were in by the hour mark. Blackburn stayed deep but we had started to make inroads through the back line. It was sloppy of us to switch off how we did at a point of the game where the away drawbridge was going up.

It's not a case of 'divine right' but any team needs to win these sorts of games to get the points to stay up- home games against any fellow bottom-half-ish side has to be a 3 point target, surely?

it's very concerning we have lost 3 home games to Blackpool, Stoke and Blackburn, whatever he thinks. Alongside only just scraping a point against Wigan.

Last season we had a great home record, playing teams like this, 2 of whom could possibly be relegated and all of who will finish in the bottom half of the premiership like us.

We don't have the quality attacking talent to do better at home. Simple as. Fulham will hopefully be a better football game and we might be allowed to play but we need the 3 points.

We employed the high risk strategy of hanging our hats on Ben Arfa in regard to providing that bit of magic and that's backfired.

yes, and relying on one player to that extent is the strategy of losers.

More points pissed away to a bottom half team we really should be beating, especially at home.

Explain why you 'really should be beating' BRFC? You got snuffed out and stopped from playing.

I hate Allardyce almost as much as you guys, but he did a good job for once last night.

We should have won the game from the position we were in by the hour mark. Blackburn stayed deep but we had started to make inroads through the back line. It was sloppy of us to switch off how we did at a point of the game where the away drawbridge was going up.

It's not a case of 'divine right' but any team needs to win these sorts of games to get the points to stay up- home games against any fellow bottom-half-ish side has to be a 3 point target, surely?

it's very concerning we have lost 3 home games to Blackpool, Stoke and Blackburn, whatever he thinks. Alongside only just scraping a point against Wigan.

Last season we had a great home record, playing teams like this, 2 of whom could possibly be relegated and all of who will finish in the bottom half of the premiership like us.

We don't have the quality attacking talent to do better at home. Simple as. Fulham will hopefully be a better football game and we might be allowed to play but we need the 3 points.

We employed the high risk strategy of hanging our hats on Ben Arfa in regard to providing that bit of magic and that's backfired.

Dont think 'backfired' is fair, think the club did very well to get him and have been unlucky more than anything else. I know what you mean but its not exactly like we had the opportunity to get 2 Ben Arfas and only went for one because we didnt want to spend the money.

Even if we had him on the pitch, i suspect that they would have stifled him too, they got very tight to Jonas and Enrique last night.

most teams have noticed that the left side is our strength, they [Enrique and Jonas] are naturally finding things tougher, as compared to the right side where we have the hopeless Routledge who is the same as Franz Carr ie headless chicken.

With the two top scorers in the league playing for us, not sure we have limited striking options tbf. Yes, compared to the top 6 or 7 clubs but once you get to mid-table and below, an injury to the main striker of any of the rest of the clubs would fuck them too.

Sunderland without Bent, Liverpool without Torres etc.

We've only got one decent PL striker. Liverpool are a funny case as they've over relied on Torres for a long time but Gyan, for example, is different class to Shola (our number 2).

I'd rather have Shola in the team for nowt than Gyan for £13m tbf. Footballer of the year eh?

please tell me you are joking.

yes, and relying on one player to that extent is the strategy of losers.

5th worst losers in the league.

Dont think 'backfired' is fair, think the club did very well to get him and have been unlucky more than anything else. I know what you mean but its not exactly like we had the opportunity to get 2 Ben Arfas and only went for one because we didnt want to spend the money.

Even if we had him on the pitch, i suspect that they would have stifled him too, they got very tight to Jonas and Enrique last night.

most teams have noticed that the left side is our strength, they [Enrique and Jonas] are naturally finding things tougher, as compared to the right side where we have the hopeless Routledge who is the same as Franz Carr ie headless chicken.

So why has the majority of our play been going down the right?

:D at the 56 year old man having a pop (apropos of nothing) at me for not being at the match. Fifty six years old man.

Nowt. And I rarely post at all on football or anything else tbh. I would if I still went, but I don't.

Needless to say, if you choose not to go to games and have the capability to go quite easily because you live in the area and have the money, your opinion counts for jack shit.

Fair enough. The fact you're as thick as mince is what renders your opinion worthless.

As evidenced by the fact that you think someone that doesn't live in the area and also doesn't go to games has a more worthy opinion.

:) at the 56 year old man having a pop (apropos of nothing) at me for not being at the match. Fifty six years old man.

Well. You do have a bit of a gob like :D So what stops you going ?

Fair enough. The fact you're as thick as mince is what renders your opinion worthless.

As evidenced by the fact that you think someone that doesn't live in the area and also doesn't go to games has a more worthy opinion.

:dunno:

no. That is correct. You are wrong. Most people who go to games and live in the area would agree with me, that makes their opinion more worthy as seen from the 1st perspective. You have no excuse for not going, so why do you think your opinion is worthy ?

You give me no choice, I have to ask.

1. When did you go to games ?

2. When did you stop ?

3. What attracted you to games when you went ?

4. Why have you stopped ?

Edited by LeazesMag

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: LeazesMag.

· View this post

· Un-ignore LeazesMag

I'm sure it was fascinating, though. :dunno:

you are missing out on your education :D

no. That is correct. You are wrong. Most people who go to games and live in the area would agree with me, that makes their opinion more worthy as seen from the 1st perspective. You have no excuse for not going, so why do you think your opinion is worthy ?

2. When did you stop ?

I'm not claiming my opinion is as valid as someone who attends the matches. In fact I've argued the exact opposite on multiple occasions in the past - that the opinion of those that attend the match bears more weight than those that don't. I'm not even arguing that my opinion is worthy - once again you're pointlessly countering arguments that have never been made.

I was making two points to you, and as we're going down the route of numbering things in posts, I'll do you that service. My points were as follows:

1. I don't care what you think of my opinion because I think you're a moron.

2. You seem to imply that the decision not to go to the match is what undervalues my opinion. That if you take two people, neither of whom go to the match, one chooses not to (me), and one can't for logistical reasons (let's say you), that your opinion carries greater weight because you don't make the decision not to go. Is that really what you believe? Because it only serves to support my belief that you're stupid.

As for your "You give me no choice. I have to ask." speech, what makes you think that I have to explain myself to you? Because I have no intention of doing so.

2. When did you stop ?

I'm not claiming my opinion is as valid as someone who attends the matches. In fact I've argued the exact opposite on multiple occasions in the past - that the opinion of those that attend the match bears more weight than those that don't. I'm not even arguing that my opinion is worthy - once again you're pointlessly countering arguments that have never been made.

I was making two points to you, and as we're going down the route of numbering things in posts, I'll do you that service. My points were as follows:

2. You seem to imply that the decision not to go to the match is what undervalues my opinion. That if you take two people, neither of whom go to the match, one chooses not to (me), and one can't for logistical reasons (let's say you), that your opinion carries greater weight because you don't make the decision not to go. Is that really what you believe? Because it only serves to support my belief that you're stupid.

As for your "You give me no choice. I have to ask." speech, what makes you think that I have to explain myself to you? Because I have no intention of doing so.

my basic point is that you know fuck all about the football club and as such are pretty thick yourself. Not just in footballing terms but your grasp of football economics, and for an accountant that's quite damning. Or maybe not. Like most accountants, you think running a football club is the same as running a high street store.

Why don't you go to games when you live in the city and can clearly afford to go ? If you don't want to, the tell us you aren't really so committed to the club as you make out, and therefore don't have such a depth of understanding of the club ?

2. When did you stop ?

my basic point is that you know fuck all about the football club and as such are pretty thick yourself. Not just in footballing terms but your grasp of football economics, and for an accountant that's quite damning. Or maybe not. Like most accountants, you think running a football club is the same as running a high street store.

Why don't you go to games when you live in the city and can clearly afford to go ? If you don't want to, the tell us you aren't really so committed to the club as you make out, and therefore don't have such a depth of understanding of the club ?

Leazes man lay off the fucking sauce. You can't fault the logic of any of what Gemmill's said and if anyone lives in the real world, he does-he's never used the high street store analogy to the best of my knowledge and belief.

This is getting typical of any of your 'wrong side of midnight' posts tbh.

2. When did you stop ?

Leazes man lay off the fucking sauce. You can't fault the logic of any of what Gemmill's said and if anyone lives in the real world, he does-he's never used the high street store analogy to the best of my knowledge and belief.

If Gemmil thinks I'm incorrect about something, let him post or link it and show it, which he appears to think is the case.

In the meantime, I'll point out that he may think I know fuck all but I'll point out I go to games, which he admits he doesn't.

There is nowt worse than listening to some know it all cunt who lives in the city and doesn't go to games trying to tell someone who does where the club, manager or players are all going wrong.

Edit. I'll point out that his comment "and one can't for logistical reasons" doesn't apply to me, because when when it was difficult for me to go to games "for logistical reasons" I managed to do it. As I said, if he thinks i know fuck all about the club - which is what he insinuates - then let him show us what he disagrees with and back it up. If he can't, which he can't, there's only one moron.

I asked him a few straightforward questions. He declined. To me, the reason for this is blindingly obvious.

Edited by LeazesMag

2. When did you stop ?

If Gemmil thinks I'm incorrect about something, let him post or link it and show it, which he appears to think is the case.

In the meantime, I'll point out that he may think I know fuck all but I'll point out I go to games, which he admits he doesn't.

There is nowt worse than listening to some know it all cunt who lives in the city and doesn't go to games trying to tell someone who does where the club, manager or players are all going wrong.

Edit. I'll point out that his comment "and one can't for logistical reasons" doesn't apply to me, because when when it was difficult for me to go to games "for logistical reasons" I managed to do it. As I said, if he thinks i know fuck all about the club - which is what he insinuates - then let him show us what he disagrees with and back it up. If he can't, which he can't, there's only one moron.

I asked him a few straightforward questions. He declined. To me, the reason for this is blindingly obvious.

There's just nowhere to start responding to that post because it bares no resemblance to anything that's ever been said.

I don't think anyone would question your knowledge of the club (I'd be happy to bet it's more extensive than most) and I know for a fact Gemmill hasn't done that. That's no substitute for a basic grasp of logic though. IYAM it's all just to do with you constantly needing to have someone to 'prove wrong' (or prove yourself right (or whatever)), for whatever reason that might be. It boils down to the same thing every time and as everyone knows all too well, there's a bunch of kids on another message board who'd be kopping for this instead if you could only get on there.

Seriously, take it easy. I know it's not the 'real world' on here but calling someone a 'know it all cunt' on the basis of stuff you've made up reflects a lot worse on you than it does on them.

Right, Leazes. I don't know why I'm even bothering to do this, because talking to you is a bit like talking to someone in a coma. You turn up every day, hoping for some flicker, some sign that they're picking up on what you're saying, some hint that the brain is not dead. The main difference obviously is that people talking to coma victims sometimes get a response to what they're actually saying.

So there's only really one reason to do this: because you make it so fucking easy. And I know I don't do myself any favours by doing this....but it really is easy. So, let's have a look at what the drunk man had to say last night.

Knowing nothing about NUFC = pretty thick. Right. I keep making the point that I have no respect for your opinion because I think you're a stupid man, and you just keep piling up the evidence.

As for the other bit about football economics and what "most accountants" think about them, you aren't actually arguing with my view of football economics, you're arguing with the invisible foe that you've created both on here and on Newcastle Online. I have a very simple view of running a business, which involves not making massive unsustainable losses, not getting yourself into unsustainable debt, etc. The basic shit that keeps them afloat. It's why I'm a qualified accountant and you're a massive spastic.

I go if and when I want to. Ten years ago I might have bristled at this post. But I'm 34 years old, and I appreciate that my decision to go to the match is mine alone (we're talking about a football match here), and that your opinion of my commitment to the club is an irrelevance. So say what you like, just understand that I don't care.

I mean really, what are you on about. I'd ask you to re-read my post but it's pointless. I made two points.

1. You're stupid.

2. Your logic around which opinion carries more weight is mental. Let me spell this out for you before you just click into full on retard mode:

I agree with you that people that go to the match have a more worthwhile opinion on players/tactics/the match itself. Have you got that this time? Where I don't agree with you is that you seem to argue that if two people don't go to the match, but one actually chooses not to go then their opinion is worth less than that of the person who can't go. That's mental.

As for linking to posts where you're incorrect about something, I'd be as old as you by the time I finished.

Ok. Now I think you're a stupid man who goes to football matches.

Jesus, I've explained this to you before as well. I rarely post on football matters on here. I flit about the place making daft jokes most of the time, I very rarely start threads on football matters because I don't feel qualified to do so these days because of my non-attendance.

So again, what the fucking fuck are you on about? Coma chat.

Let's clear this one up. I think you have more knowledge about the football club than me. I'm being absolutely genuine here, and it would be foolish for me to try to claim otherwise. You're older than me, you've been to games that I haven't, your knowledge of the history of the club trumps mine, etc.

But I'm worried that just saying this won't be enough. That you'll be back to calling me a "know it all cunt" in no time. Christ knows that fuck all else that anyone says to you sinks in when it doesn't serve your basic need (as Sammy mentioned) to constantly prove someone wrong. So I'm going to give you something to remind you that you know more about the football club than me. Stick it in your avatar or your signature to remind yourself.

dunce-cap.jpg

This signifies two things:

1. Your greater knowledge of the club. Bravo.

2. The fact that your greater knowledge of the club is a bit like Obafemi Martins' pace - a fucking waste of time because of how stupid you are

Yes, it's because I don't need to explain myself to you. Was that the same reason you came up with?

If I got your lass pregnant, I'd have some explaining to do. To you specifically. If I don't go to a football match, I don't have to explain anything to anyone. Is this sinking in?

Anyway, I'm acutely aware that I've just wasted my time. That you'll turn up in an hour or two, a day older (56 going on 7), slightly hungover, a few brain cells lighter, and no more capable of intelligent thought in sobriety than you were in your drunken stupor last night. Welcome to another day of stupidity. The floor is yours.