Come Dine With Me

Christmas Tree

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have taxi will travel.

Food dept at Fenwicks will have it all.

Basically use the model of meat, cheese, veg and olives and buy stuff you fancy.

Can't fail. :D

If you're in Gosforth on your travels then theres a good Italian Deli at the top of the High Street or in High Heaton, round the corner from the Freeman theres a fantastic place called Dean and Daniellas.

Duck's piss, easy to cook man.

amazing how the inclusion of a comma changes a statement so much :lol:

Chocolate crusted lemon tart?

Chocolate and lemon?

Did we lose a war or something?

No thanks, you can shove it up your arse.

:lol:

It's fucking lovely, and you know you will try it at some point.

Just to send CT into a frenzy, I dished it up with Basil sorbet last time I did it- sublime.

So tonight was round two and it was the turn of my 21 years old daughter and her boyfriend to host the night.

The Menu.

Canapes

Starter -- Roasted Asparagus wrapped in Parma Ham.

Main -- A Trio of Lamb cutlets served upon a bed of spring onion mash, with roasted vegetables and a mint salsa.

Dessert -- Minature meringues and strwberries served with a selection of dipping sauces.

Irish coffees

This was all underpinned with a murder / mystery who dunnit theme with props and proper role play scripts.

What a fantastic night. At 21 I could probably muster up Beans on toast or Pot noodle. The food was fantastic and the murder mystery was a right laugh.

The pressure id definitely on and Lamb is now off our menu. Decided to go with a traditional Christmas feast.

So tonight was round two and it was the turn of my 21 years old daughter and her boyfriend to host the night.

The Menu.

Canapes

Starter -- Roasted Asparagus wrapped in Parma Ham.

Main -- A Trio of Lamb cutlets served upon a bed of spring onion mash, with roasted vegetables and a mint salsa.

Dessert -- Minature meringues and strwberries served with a selection of dipping sauces.

Irish coffees

This was all underpinned with a murder / mystery who dunnit theme with props and proper role play scripts.

What a fantastic night. At 21 I could probably muster up Beans on toast or Pot noodle. The food was fantastic and the murder mystery was a right laugh.

The pressure id definitely on and Lamb is now off our menu. Decided to go with a traditional Christmas feast.

coward

Tell you what, even if you go down that route, keep the same dessert because this looks lush considering how relatively straightforward it is (and nobody really likes Christmas pud, do they?)... Got people coming over tomorrow night so I might just give it a go myself!

Also found a nice recipe for Raspberry cheescake....

3725_MEDIUM.jpg

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3725/ra...late-cheesecake

Tell you what, even if you go down that route, keep the same dessert because this looks lush considering how relatively straightforward it is (and nobody really likes Christmas pud, do they?)... Got people coming over tomorrow night so I might just give it a go myself!

Also found a nice recipe for Raspberry cheescake....

3725_MEDIUM.jpg

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3725/ra...late-cheesecake

Good luck with it, but when our lass gave it a go it didnt quite look like the picture :lol:

Highly reccomend the murder mystery thingy as well.....What a giglle that was.

Pick the kits up for pennies and each person gets to be a character with various questions to ask and dirty secrets to reveal during the night until every one has to deduct who the murderer is (on of the party is the murderer and has been lying all night).

I was Terry Plant the Gardener. Others included Nikki Melons, the waitress, part time page 3 wannabee.

Going to a murder mystery thing in February with work actually, been wanting to do one for a while although don't really fancy hanging about with work all night.. might try for an extra victim depending on who's pissing me off around then.

Have taxi will travel.

Food dept at Fenwicks will have it all.

Basically use the model of meat, cheese, veg and olives and buy stuff you fancy.

Can't fail. :gay:

If you're in Gosforth on your travels then theres a good Italian Deli at the top of the High Street or in High Heaton, round the corner from the Freeman theres a fantastic place called Dean and Daniellas.

Duck's piss, easy to cook man.

amazing how the inclusion of a comma changes a statement so much :lol:

Same people who've got Francesca's / Daniella's in Jesmond.

Well round three tonight and the youngest daughter and her partner in crime knocked up.......

Loaded cheese and bacon potato skins

followed by a Jamie recipe of Chicken filled with tyhme, lemon and parmisan wrapped in parma ham. Served with new potatoes and a cesar salad.

followed by somethin called a vicars tart or vicars suprise????. Very nice whatever its called but think it included pimms, strawberries and fresh cream.

Followed by baileys irish creams.

Another wonderful night with each course seperated by simple but fun party games. IE Celebrity on sticky paper, pass it to the person on the left for them to stick on their forehead then they have to guess who they are by receiving yes or no answers to questions.

I was Dolly Parton! (Yeah i know, a right tit)

Perfect evening rounded off by a walk down the snowy lane with the wife and dog.

Next time.....Its our turn!

So a week on Friday til its our turn and we've decided on this menu...

Starter

Scottish Smoked Salmon Mousse

Or

Cream of Broccoli and Stilton Soup

Or

Prawn Cocktail

Main Course

Roast Northumbrian Turkey

Roast Potatoes, Sprouts & Honey Roasted Vegetables

Stuffing & Chipolatas

Dessert

Flaming Christmas Pudding served with Brandy sauce / Cream

Or

Chocolate topped, Boozy Trifle

Cheese Board Selection

Its the last one so we've decided to have a nice christmassy dinner night.

Currently trying these two recipes for the salmon starter....

2524_MEDIUM.jpg

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2524/salmon-rillettes

and

salmonwy.jpg

http://www.greedygourmet.com/2009/06/03/sm...salmon-terrine/

The stuffing I made yesterday...

3170_MEDIUM.jpg

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3170/ch...nberry-stuffing

Was absolutely delicious.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Pick the kits up for pennies and each person gets to be a character with various questions to ask and dirty secrets to reveal during the night until every one has to deduct who the murderer is (on of the party is the murderer and has been lying all night).

I was Terry Plant the Gardener. Others included Nikki Melons, the waitress, part time page 3 wannabee.

where you get them?

where you get them?

http://www.playmurdermystery.com/

No idea what they're like, 1st on Google

Went to a murder mystery night at Lumley Castle once. We didn't play the parts though. Actors did and we just ate and got pissed and tried to work out whodunnit. It was ok, but I wasn't paying, which obviously helped.