Come Dine With Me

Christmas Tree

Just check in case the people coming prefer white or whatever as some people will only drink one or the other. Keep an eye out for supermarket offers as well as they're starting to gear up for Crimbo and you can get a bottle that's normally a tenner for half that. If you like Faustino maybe try another Rioja or a different Spanish wine if that's on offer. Rioja is usually Tempranillo and/or Garnacha (Grenache in French) and you get variations on those grapes in other countries (loads of Tempranillo is grown in Argentina. Rioja is nice but not particularly good value.

And keep off the Special Brew until the after the main course is cooked. ;-)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't mate, but I'm keen, we should also go to Here

Ended up there tonight as it happens, my old man was in town so it seemed like a good chance to try it out with someone else picking up the tab. :icon_lol: Canny enough - the standard stuff is comparable in quality to Masala Zone and a bit more expensive, but they have some really interesting unusual dishes and twists that I'd say make it worth checking out some time.

Apologies for the thread hijack, CT. :lol:

I haven't mate, but I'm keen, we should also go to Here

Ended up there tonight as it happens, my old man was in town so it seemed like a good chance to try it out with someone else picking up the tab. :icon_lol: Canny enough - the standard stuff is comparable in quality to Masala Zone and a bit more expensive, but they have some really interesting unusual dishes and twists that I'd say make it worth checking out some time.

Apologies for the thread hijack, CT. :lol:

You about this week? I could fancy a curry.

Unless you want to rally the troops and have a Grand Thali at Masala Zone again?

This week's a bit of a swine I'm afraid, theatre on Wednesday :icon_lol: then we're blessed with visitors for a few days. Definitely do something curryish before the month's out though. And obviously maybe see you over here on Saturday for the party you said yes to on Facebook and have probably completely forgotten about in the meantime, since that's how it always works for me. :lol:

This week's a bit of a swine I'm afraid, theatre on Wednesday :icon_lol: then we're blessed with visitors for a few days. Definitely do something curryish before the month's out though. And obviously maybe see you over here on Saturday for the party you said yes to on Facebook and have probably completely forgotten about in the meantime, since that's how it always works for me. :lol:

Keep this to PM please you nauseating social butterflies.

Come Dine With Me Calling all pastry pros and flambé fiends! Aplications are now open for Come Dine With Me in North West Birmingham, East London (E4-E17), Harrogate, Exeter, Leicester & Newcastle. To have a go, email comedinewithme@itv.com or call 0871 200 3939.

I'd love to see some of you on telly :icon_lol:

Keep this to PM please you nauseating social butterflies.

Obviously sullen because he's not been invited, and instead has to suffer Manchesters dire restaurant chains.

Saturday I'm back in work to help cover the Remembrance Day stuff, can't think the Chelsea Pensioners are going to sufficently kick off to eat into my day, but you never know. Geriatric Aggro

So decided to have a go at making a nice duck salad starter and found this recipe from Jamie....

lrg_1952.jpg

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/duck-re...pice-duck-salad

Also found a few others on this theme such as duck hoi sin salad and sweet chilli duck salad.

Anyway, went to asda and spend a fortune on all sorts of ingredients, got home, followed the recipes to the letter and they all tasted like shit. Now why cant they just give you nice recipes. :angry: Fucking lime juice and a sprigg of coriander Oliver you wanker.

A greggs cheese pasty is nice....end of.

Also found a nice recipe for Raspberry cheescake....

3725_MEDIUM.jpg

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3725/ra...late-cheesecake

Which turned out beautifully (Our lass made the cheesecake, I made the duck <_< )

So thats pudding sorted and canipes of pate on melba toast / cream cheese smoke salmon yady ya.

Now planning to go with a French trimmed ;) herb and garlic crusted rack of lamb served possible on a bed of mash with chantenay carrots, asparagus and a nice jus?????

rack%20of%20lamb%20with%20herb%20crust%20marsalla.jpg

Just leaves a decent complimentary starter to find, bearing in mind quite a few non fish people in the group (Heathens)

And before Monkey arrives... :lol::D:rolleyes::(:(:( I know

Duck can be a bit of a Twat to get right if you aren't used to cooking with it. Easy to overdo it and end up with tough meat.

You could "improvise" with some ready cooked Peking duck, and use it to tart up a salad?

Or,what about a nice Antipasti for your starter. Piece of piss to prepare, can be done well in advance and keeps the meat heads happy.

Your main sounds nice- simple but tasty.

You big puff :lol:

Aye, I know. :lol:

Sugaring the pill

Gentlemen, the duck was cooked to perfection :D It was all the fancy boy shit that Oliver said to chuck in such as Mangos, Pommegranitts, lime juice, etc etc that ruined the perfect duck.

Anyhows, what sort of Antipasta do you have in mind Mr Fist.... Name names.

Sugaring the pill

Gentlemen, the duck was cooked to perfection :D It was all the fancy boy shit that Oliver said to chuck in such as Mangos, Pommegranitts, lime juice, etc etc that ruined the perfect duck.

Cured meats- salami, prosciutto, bresaola,mortadella

Olives

Cheese- mozzarella ,provolone, dolcellatte

Roasted peppers,artichoke hearts

Get some nice flavoured oils and bread.

Basically, go to your nearest Italian Deli and ask them.

Sugaring the pill

Gentlemen, the duck was cooked to perfection :rolleyes: It was all the fancy boy shit that Oliver said to chuck in such as Mangos, Pommegranitts, lime juice, etc etc that ruined the perfect duck.

Cured meats- salami, prosciutto, bresaola,mortadella

Olives

Cheese- mozzarella ,provolone, dolcellatte

Roasted peppers,artichoke hearts

Get some nice flavoured oils and bread.

Basically, go to your nearest Italian Deli and ask them.

In South Tyneside? :D

I've made this numerous times, always a winner, looks excellent too

Chocolate Crusted Lemon Tart

green-blacks-organic-chocolate-crusted-lemon-tart.jpg

To die for.

:D

I got the Green and Blacks cookbook a few Christmases ago. It's in there, some excellent savoury recipes too.

Is there anything you cant fucking do? :rolleyes: Giving all us men a bad name.

(apart from reach things from the top of the wardrobe :lol: )