Obafemi Martins

JonTheMag

I wouldn't like. His attitude would still be abysmal and his wages astronomical. He utterly took the piss the season we went down too, turning up for training when he felt like it and generally not giving a shit. I hope his career keeps going downhill and he keeps spending more than he's earning.

Exactly how I feel about the prick. Part of the poison in the dressing room, and shite on the pitch. No thanks.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't like. His attitude would still be abysmal and his wages astronomical. He utterly took the piss the season we went down too, turning up for training when he felt like it and generally not giving a shit. I hope his career keeps going downhill and he keeps spending more than he's earning.

Exactly how I feel about the prick. Part of the poison in the dressing room, and shite on the pitch. No thanks.

Hate it when you sit on the fence fella, for once could you just tell us what you really think? :lol:

FWIW in his first season i liked him, seemed to be enjoying it here and gave us something we hadn't had in awhile (pace up front) but after that, utter toss, wouldn't want him back full stop

Our kid absolutely loves Martins, to the point where he spits his dummy out and refuses to talk to me if I slate him to this very day. I'd love to introduce him to Gemmill :lol:

I can remember a match during our relegation season which summed him up. He rounded the goalkeeper twice, on the first occassion all he had to do was role it in gently with his foot, so he wellied it out of the ground and on the second it needed a bit of pace, but he hit it so meekly the defender had the chance to get back and clear it.

Do I want that back? Do I fuck. Give me Shola any day of the week.

Speaking of Nigerian ex-players, did Babayaro spend his time 'doing a Rooney' with prossies up there? I've heard a story that he was constantly at it whilst at Chelsea.

Anyway, I'd turn down Martis for Rovers. Far too inconsistent and often missed sitters.

No, he spent his time playing piss poorly unless a member of his family croaked then he'd put a shift in.

I heard that he just stopped coming in for training completely when Kinnear was here and only sporadically came in when Shearer and Dowie were about.

buying him back would be a bad move, no doubt. the new dressing room spirit has thrived on a lack of egos. i'd still rather a player of his ability as a sub ahead of ranger or lovenkrands though. not that he'd come back to warm our bench anyway.

if we consolidate our position, in the prmiership it's going to become an issue again. big players often come with big egos and bad attitudes. it will be hard to maintain the team spirit while improving the quality of the team. can't think of too many clubs that have done it on a shoe string. moyes' everton teams are assembled relatively cheaply and he usually gets them playing for each other. is that picking up the right kind of players or is it down to the manager?

Our kid absolutely loves Martins, to the point where he spits his dummy out and refuses to talk to me if I slate him to this very day. I'd love to introduce him to Gemmill :lol:

I can remember a match during our relegation season which summed him up. He rounded the goalkeeper twice, on the first occassion all he had to do was role it in gently with his foot, so he wellied it out of the ground and on the second it needed a bit of pace, but he hit it so meekly the defender had the chance to get back and clear it.

Was that away to Arsenal in the cup under one of KK's first games? Is that the one where he missed the pen?

Was that away to Arsenal in the cup under one of KK's first games? Is that the one where he missed the pen?

I can't remember who it was against, I thought it was a bit later after KK had left. Probably wrong mind.

That penalty miss was shocking. He took it with his wrong foot. I'd have docked the fuckers wages.

I can't remember who it was against, I thought it was a bit later after KK had left. Probably wrong mind.

That penalty miss was shocking. He took it with his wrong foot. I'd have docked the fuckers wages.

He did that aginst Everton, putting it out of the stadium at Goodison.

Edited by Barney

Can't believe the mercenary little arsehole is 'alleged' to have only just turned 26 either.

Gyan reminded me a bit of Martins. Same shaped head, if i can say that. He looked in his mid 30s too.

Aye good call that actually, a 6ft+ version of Oba.

Can't believe the mercenary little arsehole is 'alleged' to have only just turned 26 either.

Gyan reminded me a bit of Martins. Same shaped head, if i can say that. He looked in his mid 30s too.

Headism! :icon_lol:

:lol:

Chez treading a fine line in his adidas jackboots.

Word is you're favourite art is pointillism :lol:

Nimble-toed through the minefield in those beauties.

Anyway, Gyan's age claims are a little dubious.

Asamoah-Gyan-ennes_2496601.jpg

The phrase 'hard paper round' applies to both of them like.

Six-and-a-half dozen of one and one-and-a-half six dozen of the other tbh when it comes to that. All I know is that with Hughton in charge, he will take care of the three Ms: Motivation, motivation and motivation. That's 75% of what makes a successful team 50% of the time.

Six-and-a-half dozen of one and one-and-a-half six dozen of the other tbh when it comes to that. All I know is that with Hughton in charge, he will take care of the three Ms: Motivation, motivation and motivation. That's 75% of what makes a successful team 50% of the time.

He also wears a nice dabble of sex panther on match days.

Can't really go wrong going with head shape.