Joey Barton

Anorthernsoul

Daft to suggest it was nowt. He gave him a vicious dig.

I can't see how Pederson said anything, with Barton jogging past like that. Could only have been reacting to the light brush he gave him....which is fucking mental really.

that was a weak punch. nothing at all .....

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see how Pederson said anything, with Barton jogging past like that. Could only have been reacting to the light brush he gave him....which is fucking mental really.

Aye.

You'd have been going batshit if (for example) Cattermole had done it last week and stayed on the park.

Aye.

You'd have been going batshit if (for example) Cattermole had done it last week and stayed on the park.

Indeed.

By virtue of the fact that Pedersen has his back to us and you can see the energy from the punch come through him it wasn't just 'a weak punch'. Irrospective, a punch is a punch and considered to be violent conduct.

He'll be banned and Ryder is an even bigger bellend than ever for trying to defend it.

Disappointed because of what you fear is always behind this sort of shit with Barton. On balance though Pederson is acting the dick for putting the shouder in and Barton over reacts. I think it's because he was pumped up running over to the 'injury' to start with rather than any verbals he might have been on the end of. No justification for the punch at all but again keeping things in proportion it wasn't thrown with full force and Pederson looks like a prick going to ground.

In some ways I think it would help if, when the next time Barton did this something like this, the Pederson figure just knocked him spark out. Genuinely.

What did Fat Huddlestone get for his stamp last week? Cattermole would probably get a ban nearly every game if these things were always looked at.

As MonkeysFist says, the fact that De Jong gets away with breaking a players leg in 2places is scary.

Barton deserves a ban, fwiw.

At the end of the day people were called Zidane a thug, until they heard what Matterazzi had said about his sister, then that totally changed it to oh " it was ok to headbutt him them ".

Then you have people who say, Cattermoles challenge and Huddlestones stomp was all part of the game. Cattermole had fucking malice in his tackle & Huddlestones was a purposeful stomp, so how the fuck can they charge Barton for that and not ban Cattermole or Huddlestone for that?. Both Cattermole & Huddlestones challenges were intentional, whats worse, a dig to the chest or a fucking broken leg?. FA you decide. It should be a fucking fine a best, and an apology to Pedersen, give Barton the benefit of the doubt, Pedersen obviously said something, and before pedersen turns around you see him mouthing something, and fucking scar head hansen, i'd love to meet that cunt in a back alley

Edited by henda11

Pedersen should be as ashamed as Barton imo. The correct response to a punch like that is to look down at your chest and fucking laugh in his face. It's beyond pathetic to drop to the floor with your crying face on. I know players do it and it's seen as the "clever"thing to do, but it's so girly.

I'm not nails by any stretch, but whoever on here claimed it was a hard punch should hand his cock and balls in.

Pedersen should be as ashamed as Barton imo. The correct response to a punch like that is to look down at your chest and fucking laugh in his face. It's beyond pathetic to drop to the floor with your crying face on. I know players do it and it's seen as the "clever"thing to do, but it's so girly.

I'm not nails by any stretch, but whoever on here claimed it was a hard punch should hand his cock and balls in.

:dunno:

mint.

:dunno:

I said it was vicious. Just looking at his face you could see he wanted to do him, the demons were back and there was a lot more behind it than some of the pathetic taps we've seen players sent off for when they make contact above the neck. He wanted to lay into him but i think he actually pulled his punch as he threw it. In the end, I agree it was more Joey Deacon than Joey barton though, aye.

I understand their point with him raising his fist, but considering what other have got away with in comparison it shows what a joke it is. In otherwords, if he had went in sliding and broke his leg and the ref didnt see that, he'd have likely got fuck all bar some bad press.

I wouldn't appeal it like. You can get an extension for spurious appeals and it's got no chance. 3 match ban is fair enough. I agree with the comments about a lack of consistency though.

Been charged with violent conduct.

He has til 6pm Friday to appeal or he can take the three match ban

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/Ne...2010/Barton1111

He should spend the week compiling a video reel of all the horror tackles and unpunished incidents of the last couple of seasons. Then turn up, ask for them to dim the lights and run the video. DeJong's tackle, caption: "UNPUNISHED", etc etc.

Then when the lights go up, he's no longer in the room. Case presented. And like that....he's gone.

Edited by Gemmill

He should spend the week compiling a video reel of all the horror tackles and unpunished incidents of the last couple of seasons. Then turn up, ask for them to dim the lights and run the video. DeJong's tackle, caption: "UNPUNISHED", etc etc.

Then when the lights go up, he's no longer in the room. Case presented. And like that....he's gone.

Aye the FA are a fucking joke.

Aye the FA are a fucking joke.

Is it a Fifa rule or an FA rule that if the ref fucks up and goes soft on a filthy challenge it can't be looked at again?