Joey Barton

Anorthernsoul

he was crap last night like. back to the old barton

I thought his set pieces were generally poor but he had a canny game. It's hard when your chasing a match after 2 mins against a 10 man defence so a lot of his first half work was a bit rushed by trying to force things but he was comfortably our best midfielder for me.

His game is also the sort of game that looks worse if others in the team are having such an off night as they did last night.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not that atsed tbh. I don't think it's necessarily evidence that he's back to his old self. It was just an incident in a football match. I bet he's regretting it more than anyone today. Lets not go daft about it eh.

This.

Had it been any other player, there wouldn't have been half the fuss.

I think the point is that it wouldn't be any other player.

I'm not that atsed tbh. I don't think it's necessarily evidence that he's back to his old self. It was just an incident in a football match. I bet he's regretting it more than anyone today. Lets not go daft about it eh.

This.

Really?

he was crap last night like. back to the old barton

I thought his set pieces were generally poor but he had a canny game. It's hard when your chasing a match after 2 mins against a 10 man defence so a lot of his first half work was a bit rushed by trying to force things but he was comfortably our best midfielder for me.

His game is also the sort of game that looks worse if others in the team are having such an off night as they did last night.

Agreed. Bit of a problem for both him and the team. He's a bit one dimensional (good footballer but not pacy or powerful) and so are the team. If the majority aren't on top of their game we lack the spark to unlock sides, especially at home.

This.

Really?

Aye that's bollocks. It was a really stupid thing to do, but lets leave it to the press to overreact to it. It happens.

This.

Really?

Really. Now if MGP had done something worthy of a reaction it might be a little different.

I find it nauseating how people like Lee Dixon make it out to be a disgrace yet defend some of the horrendous tackles you see as 'part and parcel' of the game. They're far worse imo.

I find it nauseating how people like Lee Dixon make it out to be a disgrace yet defend some of the horrendous tackles you see as 'part and parcel' of the game. They're far worse imo.

Agree with this. These sort of things are never going to result in injuries, whereas the real heinous crimes like De Jong on Ben Arfa see the FA sit on their hands.

As I've said before, if I had access to Sky's video archive and a few days, I reckon I could expose the shit that players like Rooney, Gerrard and most recently Fabregas get away with without a word on a regular basis. It's not even just Barton - Babayaro got done a couple of times for off the ball things which I don't mind as long as everyone faces the same sanctions.

I'd put last night down to him being wound up by facing Allardyce - though I accept he still has a "dark side" under the surface.

Agree with this. These sort of things are never going to result in injuries, whereas the real heinous crimes like De Jong on Ben Arfa see the FA sit on their hands.

This is what boils my piss.

It'll be interesting at the end of the season to tally up the injuries caused to other players by De Jong, that cunt from Stoke, and Barton.

I'm willing to bet Barton will be bottom of the list.

Then cross reference it to FA fines.

What Barton did last night was cretinous, I'm not defending that in the least.

But for fucks sake, if he gets a retro red fir it I'll be volcanic.

De Jong didn't even get yellow for snapping Hatem in half did he?

It's ok to elbow and forearm smash the fuck out of Carroll without even a comment from the media, but Barton puts a tickler on Pederson and it's an outrage.

It's fucking bollocks is what it is.

This

it's obvious he's going to get a ban like. you can't punch people in the ribs during a match in front of all those cameras and expect to get away with it. shame really as barton has been in good form this season and we haven't seen that side to his game for a while.

Does my head in the way they defend the leg breaking tackles which this season are happening several times a week, yet bang on about stuff like this. What Barton did was stupid and petulent, he deserved a red and a ban but it won't hurt or injure anyone and anybody but a footballer wouldn't even flinch at it, i'd imagine most people have jokingly hit their mates harder than that.

Was a stupid thing to do and he will rightly get banned. But's that's all there is too it. It wasn't dangerous and it couldn't have injured anyone (let alone killed them!) but it's going to leave us without a player who's been one of our best so far for three games which is annoying.

Get it over with and move on.

I dont know what set him off but after Karl Henry tried to maim him without a flinch, I thought he had turned the corner.

The Karl Henry situation was different. Very physical and the referee was relatively on top of it (okay he didn't send him off like he should've but we were given quite a few decisions) whereas this looks like Pedersen said something and Barton acted like an arse.

Daft to suggest it was nowt. He gave him a vicious dig.

I can't see how Pederson said anything, with Barton jogging past like that. Could only have been reacting to the light brush he gave him....which is fucking mental really.