Shola Ameobi - Mackem Destroyer

Gemmill

A mate of mine claims Shola is the best penalty taker Newcastle have ever had. I'd wonder if the stats back this up.

He's never missed one to my mind.

Anyway Shola I love you today. :bow: I kept doing his gunslinger celebration all night, even done it in the mirror before.

Loads of pressure on that penalty as well. It was the last kick of the half and if he scores it's game over more or less but if he missed it would've been a massive boost to them even though they were 2-0 down before it. As for his second, at the time I thought it had sat up nicely for him, but it was still a great finish but when I saw MOTD2 it was an absolutely fantastic bit of technique to change his body shape, keep it down and hit it with such power.

A mate of mine claims Shola is the best penalty taker Newcastle have ever had. I'd wonder if the stats back this up.

He's never missed one to my mind.

Anyway Shola I love you today. :bow: I kept doing his gunslinger celebration all night, even done it in the mirror before.

:angry: Acceptable under the circumstances imo.

i'd actually been one of Sholas fans and stuck by him years more than I should have.

If he could do that week in, week out he'd be phenomenal. However, that is his main problem.

he's had some shocking games over the years. he looks stronger on the ball these days though. i don't know if i'm just getting caught up in yesterday's result but his overall play looks more assured now too. some of his link up play and distribution yesterday was class, and you can't argue with the two finishes. if he can keep it up and stay injury free, he might finally get a proper run in the team.

he's got to realise that his age, it's now or never. it's up to him as to whether he wants to be remembered as a nearly man and perennial substitute or a late developer who finally came good.

Having slated him over the years with complete justification, I have to say he took that goal brilliantly and actually put in a good all round performance to go with it.

He's a young lad, still learning so hopefully he can build on this and fulfill his potential.

Against anyone else, he shins that second goal out for a throw-in, but against the mackems he summons the power of grayskull. Proper eye of the tiger stuff.

:angry:

Shola's the Hulk, seeing Mackems get's him angry.

Against anyone else, he shins that second goal out for a throw-in, but against the mackems he summons the power of grayskull. Proper eye of the tiger stuff.

:angry:

Shola's the Hulk, seeing Mackems get's him angry.

To Michael Turder : "You wont like me when im angry"