West Ham 1-2 Newcastle United

The Fish

Was there a special reason why Hughton was wearing a suit?

Must say it was rather dashing.

Good result albeit against a poor side. Pleased for Carroll, had a few games without a goal and hopefully this will help lead to a few more.

I'd like to see more 'blackness' from Hughton. More dazzling suitery and perhaps a big old chunky watch.

And a cane ;)

Some dancing too.

And singing.

With his support staff doing backing in black face and white gloves.

All old time classics.

"Mammy!"

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good result albeit against a poor side. Pleased for Carroll, had a few games without a goal and hopefully this will help lead to a few more.

I'd like to see more 'blackness' from Hughton. More dazzling suitery and perhaps a big old chunky watch.

And a cane :icon_lol:

Some dancing too.

And singing.

All old time classics.

You go too far Sir! :lol:

;)

How? Did I say anything about Islam???

:lol:

And a cane ;)

Some dancing too.

And singing.

Perhaps a backflip or two when we score and big old diamond on the pinky finger.

malcolm-allison.jpg

:lol: Hughton should deffo get that hat.

And a cane ;)

Some dancing too.

And singing.

All old time classics.

"Mammy!"

Blaydon Races to CampTown Races can't be that far.

And a cane ;)

Some dancing too.

And singing.

All old time classics.

"Mammy!"

It would transcend irony. :lol:

And a cane :lol:

Some dancing too.

And singing.

All old time classics.

"Mammy!"

It would transcend irony. :lol:

;)

;)

Thought Barton was excellent yesterday after his mistakes against Wigan, really put in a good performance. He does give the ball away, which is annoying and last week costly but he does attempt to play what you might call 'probing' passes.

His first ball to set Shola off down the right channel which set up the space he exploited to swing the cross in for the second goal was superb. Nicely weighted, curving, split the defenders and with the outside of his boot.

Also thought Jonas was great yesterday, as usual went down a few blind alleys and looked to pull out of anything that might bruise his shins but had some decent possession and managed to worry them enough to create space elsewhere.

;)

Thought Barton was excellent yesterday after his mistakes against Wigan, really put in a good performance. He does give the ball away, which is annoying and last week costly but he does attempt to play what you might call 'probing' passes.

His first ball to set Shola off down the right channel which set up the space he exploited to swing the cross in for the second goal was superb. Nicely weighted, curving, split the defenders and with the outside of his boot.

Also thought Jonas was great yesterday, as usual went down a few blind alleys and looked to pull out of anything that might bruise his shins but had some decent possession and managed to worry them enough to create space elsewhere.

Bartons ability to ocassionally hit a searching pass makes him way more dangerous on the right than Routledge who rarely finds another player after beating his man. Clever move by CH and everyone must have had doubts about it at kick off. Tiote was massive all game.

Gray clearly has something against Newcastle.

FYP

I read a SKY preview of the game where Andy Gray of the small cock didn't think West Ham were going to win, he thought they were going to win comfortably. No idea why he thought a team at the bottom of the league would win comfortably against a side who for all their faults have a lot of battle about them and can play when they want to. I've always thought Gray has always been quick to have a pop but have no idea why.

Anyway, great three points and after three almost disastrous home results was much needed. Makes you wonder what side we should put out on wednesday, as sometimes you look at this competition and think, a couple of wins and you're in a semi final, should we not go for it? But....... the league is important and fucking Sunderland and some of their support have been a little bit too cocky for some reason, we need to remind them who they are in the general scheme of things.

Looking at it again today you realise what a huge result that actually was. When you consider that had we lost or even drawn we would still be languishing near the bottom of the table. Had that been the case pressure would of started to build. Luckily, thankfully and deservedly we avoided that and find ourselves in the top half and going into the mackem game boyed with a good result and a solid perfomance to boot.

Before the game many questioned CH's decision to play Barton on the right, i could see why he had done that but still was a little unsure as to how it would work. It did work and its another option down the right and thats a bonus when options are few and far between in that area.

I'd go with the exact same line-up and game plan against the unwashed and i think after yesterdays victory we could well do them.

Credit where credits due....CH showed a little tactical nouse and the players responded well.

;)

Barton on the right was inspired today. Instead of doing what many feared and dropping inside, he whipped in some telling balls and was heavily responsible for both goals.

Nolan never plays better for us than when he's playing just off the strikers - certainly was that way last season. The introduction of Tiote who plays a holding midfield role similar to Essien & Makalele is giving Nolan the freedom to move forward more.

Simpson was caught a few times today but it was his first game back.

However we can't lose sight of the fact that for 70 minutes today, West Ham were utter garbage. Rather than being ecstatic that we beat them, I'm more relieved that we didn't drop points against someone who deserved fuck all from the game.

I see your point, but for me Essien is far more talented than being just a holding midfielder.

Barton on the right was inspired today. Instead of doing what many feared and dropping inside, he whipped in some telling balls and was heavily responsible for both goals.

Nolan never plays better for us than when he's playing just off the strikers - certainly was that way last season. The introduction of Tiote who plays a holding midfield role similar to Essien & Makalele is giving Nolan the freedom to move forward more.

However we can't lose sight of the fact that for 70 minutes today, West Ham were utter garbage. Rather than being ecstatic that we beat them, I'm more relieved that we didn't drop points against someone who deserved fuck all from the game.

I see your point, but for me Essien is far more talented than being just a holding midfielder.

Correct but i think Tiote has all the attributes to develope into a player of Essien's class.

Correct but i think Tiote has all the attributes to develope into a player of Essien's class.

Don't be daft man.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Tiote would get in Chelsea's team ahead of Mikel imo. He is fuckin class, I love him. He's better than Batty, he's not a typical holding player, the typical holding player is an Amdy Faye type, big, no skill, completely destroying the opposition, but he's much more than that, he's skilful can pass well. Some utter wank who will remain nameless, not that any of you would know him anyway, texted me after 10 mins saying "all Tiote does is pass the ball 3 yards", it makes me wonder what planet some people are on.

Great second half though, Andy Gray focussed on West Ham being shit rather than us being good which annoyed me a bit like.

Tiote would get in Chelsea's team ahead of Mikel imo. He is fuckin class, I love him. He's better than Batty, he's not a typical holding player, the typical holding player is an Amdy Faye type, big, no skill, completely destroying the opposition, but he's much more than that, he's skilful can pass well. Some utter wank who will remain nameless, not that any of you would know him anyway, texted me after 10 mins saying "all Tiote does is pass the ball 3 yards", it makes me wonder what planet some people are on.

Great second half though, Andy Gray focussed on West Ham being shit rather than us being good which annoyed me a bit like.

Said he was as good as any def mid we ever had and got gip for it. Yhat shot was going in as well (hit Parkers back). Almost impossible to shrug off the ball. Gives the pass at the right time, doesn't panic or mind waiting to keep posession.

Petty convinced we'd win more home games if he dressed as a cross between Malcolm Allison and Jim Carrey's Mask.

Something like this would go down a treat ;)

hi_fashion_suit.jpg

Chris "Pimp Daddy" Hughton needs to wear this on Sunday.

PT-93%20BLACK%20snowWHITE.jpg

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Said he was as good as any def mid we ever had and got gip for it. Yhat shot was going in as well (hit Parkers back). Almost impossible to shrug off the ball. Gives the pass at the right time, doesn't panic or mind waiting to keep posession.

Very early days like, but he is, he's better than Batty. Got loads of texts before the game off a lass I used to work with who was at the game big Wist Ayyym fan, "3-0 to the irons lol you'll be cryin in to ur newky brown lol". Funny enough she never responded to mine after the game.

Hughton does tend to either listen to the fans, or at least think the same as them. For example:

We wanted Smith to be dropped, he did that. Nolan was dropped shortly after.

Perch to be dropped (not before time) he did that too.

Suggestions that Shola should go up front with Carroll: Look what happened on Saturday.

Some on here are suggesting that Barton should be played on the right, lo and behold he does just that.